News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ok so does he miss any time from this? I don’t really care what he does as long as he’s not suspended
I seriously doubt it.

This stuff isn’t illegal in many NFL states.

The NFL doesn’t even tear for THC between April and August so players can smoke all they want until September.

The only way this is an issue is if the league decides to screw the Cowboys and make it some sort of conduct detrimental to the league issue, which would be a joke.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
At first glance I was shocked that Frisco police actually arrested someone…….until I realized it was Frisco TX and not San Francisco California.

and yes, this can also be considered as “keeping it on the real”.
There's not too many days that one of your comments doesn't put a smile on my face or invoke a chuckle.

For this, I thank you.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Are we absolutely certain the controlled substance is marijuana .

According to Texas state law possession of 2 ounces or less is a misdemeanor unless intent to distribute . Not a low level felony .
THC Concentrate? ... This is from Gehlken., comments around twitter I'm seeing vape pen?

Cowboys DE Sam Williams was arrested Sunday in Frisco for allegedly possessing less than 1 gram of THC and unlawfully carrying a weapon, police officials said.

T-RO

Reaction score
  • No jail time
  • 0-4 game suspension (no suspension or maybe 2 games is what I most expect)
This, assuming there's nothing more to the story...which there could be.

Last edited:

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
As has been posted several times in this thread, the substance was not marijuana.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
THC Concentrate? ... This is from Gehlken., comments around twitter I'm seeing vape pen?

Cowboys DE Sam Williams was arrested Sunday in Frisco for allegedly possessing less than 1 gram of THC and unlawfully carrying a weapon, police officials said.
https://t.co/NCsvvdzVzq
Thanks .. and why is being called a controlled substance which is a low level felony . Not marijuana which is a misdemeanor under 4 ounces.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
696db4c4ae8072ef3e69d42a84fe914b.jpg

LOL

shabazz

Reaction score
23 pages and I wanted to reiterate, IT WASNT MARIJUANA!!!!!!……this is somehow supposed to be important here. Not sure why though.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for any credible news source to specify exactly what the controlled substance was.

Please link if anyone has this info!

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Are we absolutely certain the controlled substance is marijuana .

According to Texas state law possession of 2 ounces or less is a misdemeanor unless intent to distribute . Not a low level felony .
Star Telegram is reporting it was THC (can't link). THC isn't the same as marijuana and both are illegal in Texas. While THC is a derivative of marijuana, it's made in a concentrate form which is considered a controlled substance here in Texas and 1 gram is a felony with 1+ being a third degree felony. It was no more than a vape pen which are legal in 23 states and is no different than smoking a joint. It's a cleaner joint that doesn't stink, burn holes in your upholstery, can be consumed discretely, and smoked more than once. Texas is hard on this though and people can serve anywhere from 6 months to 2 years in prison for it. We'll have to hope Sam's pen was close to empty and that his judge values his $$$ via fines more than his jail time which is common in these cases. Who wants to incarcerate a 24 year old kid over a joint?