Deandre Hopkins traded to AZ

Tussinman

Reaction score
Hopkins will get a new deal and we'll give Amari the same money.

Amari wanted the market to set before signing. Now it will.
Hopkins is under contract for 3 more years, why would he get a new deal ?

Proof

Reaction score
that's fair...but lets see how they replace him first. If they properly replace him, it makes the Johnson trade much better.

no it doesn’t lol. Terrible trade dude, it’s ok.

montgod

Reaction score
Why would the Texans get rid of Hopkins who was only costing 12.5 million in 2020 then go pay cooper 17-20 million a year ?

I don't think people realize how cheap Hopkins was playing for (not only that he's under his current contract for 3 more seasons)
Hence why I would have loved if the Boys had traded for him and let Cooper walk.

coogrfan

Reaction score
That still doesn’t really address my question. If you don’t clear that much room with a Johnson-Hopkins swap... then why do it as a salary dump? You’re just swapping Uber-talent for good talent and not clearing that much space.

Then if they sign Amari, all you did was get a lesser WR ( who is still expensive) for a better one, and you added a good RB.

Why not keep your expensive WR and then get a RB in FA or the draft. It makes no sense.

We're hearing rumors down here of personality conflicts between BoB and Hopkins.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That’s the only thing that makes any sense... but even then, they should have gotten a better package for Hopkins, IMO.
another poster mentioned a good point. Could it be more about the wr draft class than it was anything else?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
David Johnson hasn’t average more than 3.7 yards a carry the past two seasons and his only 1000 yard season was back in 2016. The Texans got him and a second round pick for Hopkins? Plus the Texans also gave the Cardinals a fourth round pick along with Hopkins. They got screwed to unload his salary.

Rayman70

Reaction score
David Johnson hasn’t average more than 3.7 yards a carry the past two seasons and his only 1000 yard season was back in 2016. The Texans got him and a second round pick for Hopkins?
yup. My guess is they will turn that pick into a wr.