1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

News: Deebo in Dallas: Samuel Wants 49ers Trade

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Doomsday101, May 24, 2022.

1. J-man

J-man Well-Known Member

1,842 Messages
    1,562 Likes Received
    If I were and NFL player seeking a new team, or more to the point, a new contract, I'd be pushing the Dallas love too. Because 1. JJ might just over pay you or 2. your team might up it's offer to keep you or 3. another team might pony up the cash

Mannix likes this.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

105,221 Messages
    34,618 Likes Received
    He went to the ball game and made statement about his future, i agree I highly doubt anything comes of it

Pass2Run likes this.
  3. Doomsday101

105,221 Messages
    34,618 Likes Received
    I find it interesting around here, you guys rip on Jerry and Stephen with we "like our guys" and Dallas needs to take a page for the Rams and be active in trades and FA yet will sit here and comment on not wanting to make a bid for Deebo? I think many here just like to complain, Dallas is damned if they do an damned if the don't.

4. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

8,993 Messages
    12,764 Likes Received
    Dallas won't pay and for once, I'm glad they won't

5. Jimbo123

Jimbo123 Well-Known Member

484 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    Maybe they could include Zeke in the trade.

6. Jimbo123

Jimbo123 Well-Known Member

484 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    If AJ Brown got $25 mil per, Samuels would want at least 30 .

7. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

8,038 Messages
    7,019 Likes Received
    That’s a good point

8. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

4,517 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Yeah, cause he is possibly not in Dallas because of the Warriors/Mavs game last night. Gimme a break.

9. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    1,462 Likes Received
    TOO RICH FOR OUR BLOOD/CLUB!

10. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

5,410 Messages
    6,198 Likes Received
    It's not that we wouldn't like Debo...99% of us would love to have him. We just know that Booger and Chuckles would end up getting taken to the cleaners.

11. Doomsday101

105,221 Messages
    34,618 Likes Received
    So if they pay they are taken to the cleaners and if they don't then they are cheap? lol If the Rams do it then that is the right move. lol

DonaldM likes this.
  12. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

19,551 Messages
    18,058 Likes Received
    I don't think he'd be back there a ton to rush - he can handle 40 to 50 rushes a year, as I said, he's too productive with limited runs to not have this in your game plan. He'd instantly be a better receiver out of the backfield than Zeke, so that alone will keep Zeke off the field some. Zeke won't have that, he's already getting his carries taken away from an RB lesser than Deebo.

My point is, as good as Deebo would be as a pure receiver, the asking price is just too high for just that. You're paying more for him because of what he brings at RB and in the backfield as well. So if he comes here for trade talks, the first question that should be asked is if he will stay a hybrid - if he won't, you tell him good day and move on.

13. CowboyFanInLexKy

CowboyFanInLexKy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    880 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have a problem with Debo coming to Dallas... The problem I would have is Moore not knowing how to use him....

nobody and Mannix like this.
  14. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

5,410 Messages
    6,198 Likes Received
    No...I'll take him. I just know that we will overpay.

BAT likes this.
  15. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

8,890 Messages
    15,080 Likes Received

yes, we need to get active in FA, not as much in trading multiple high picks for a player that is pushing for a massive salary when we are already going to need to pay a former top 1st wr soon.

If we were talking about trading lower picks i think many more would be supportive but multiple high picks is just too much. Actually, i don't feel like this one is getting a lot of negativity as much as people are just so frustrated that the cowboys did next to nothing in FA.

16. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

2,496 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    If we had solved our oline and dline issues than why not? The thing is Deebo is not in the same league as Tyreek & Adams but might have more years as he is younger.
    He doesn't want to run the ball 10 times a game anymore which I understand as he wants to prolong his career. Some team will trade for him, most likely the Jets... and his career will die there.

nobody likes this.
  17. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

4,625 Messages
    3,212 Likes Received
    are you sure its the same individuals saying opposing things?

18. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

26,289 Messages
    26,635 Likes Received
    Not going to happen. Still on rookie deal. They are in control and will want to much in trade. And he will want big money, we just dropped a 20 mil a year WR.

19. Doomsday101

105,221 Messages
    34,618 Likes Received
    I don't disagree but you want star players they cost in terms of draft picks and cash. People want to trade day 2 picks for a star player is not going to happen.

20. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

11,518 Messages
    9,874 Likes Received
    No thanks

Diva... who wants out because he wants to coach his way into a more traditional WR role than gimmick plays or occasionally ask to run the ball ? .

Doesn't matter if a coach is getting him the ball, getting him touches,.. and utilizing him the way he is most effective ?

He's gonna want to form his own way, ..form his own role here as well too.
    And who knows how long it will be before he starts placing the QB under the bus ...

Love Deebo's s ability to run the ball in his hands, but seems like the kind of player whose gonna be some kind of baggage and excess distraction. And the Cowboys just got rid of a malcontent WR player.