Defensive Tackles still available

conner01

Reaction score
Original contract was 8 aav but they changed it to 6 million a year. But it doesn't look like he's getting even 6 now. Which is why he's still out there.
I think a lot of these guys are just waiting to see if a market develops
Someone had some other options yesterday and one that’s kinda interesting to me was Shelby Harris. He’s not the big run stuffer though he plays the run well but has some pass rush ability too.
But like I would be, these guys want as much as they can get and some team may miss out on a tackle in the draft and sign some of them. Then some team may get a tackle and no longer need the one they have
Still a long time to get a guy or two. I don’t think we are done but we may be done with expensive guys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, Jerry and Stephen got this.

Massive improvement at DT on the horizon. Can feel it in my bones.
Are you OK? Is this your way of calling out for help?

garyv

Reaction score
A'shawn Robinson, please.

If Hankins is waiting for training camp to start before making a decision to sign (anywhere), I'd go with Robinson now.
I agree but I'm not waiting on Hankins if we get to the draft and Hankins is still lolly gogging around than take
a DT in the 1st 3 rounds.....be prepared

blueblood70

Reaction score
Outside of Hankins, he are some of the DT's still in the market

-Matt Ioannidis. Incredibly strong 1T, played 70% of Carolina last year. Was a productive pass rusher up until 2019, but really fell off after.

-A'shawn Robinson. Probably the best run stuffer right now. Played almost 60% of the snaps last season for LA

-Aikeem Hicks. Probably more of a name at this point. He did however play 55% of TB's snaps

- Shelby Harris. Would be more of a Carlos Watkins upgrade than a 1T. He is a guy I see as a sneaky good signing. Can play both 3T and 4i
poona ford as well

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I agree but I'm not waiting on Hankins if we get to the draft and Hankins is still lolly gogging around than take
a DT in the 1st 3 rounds.....be prepared

Would be very disappointed if that didn’t happen in the first three rounds.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Still think it's Michael Brockers....we had interest before....sure seems to be the way this off season has been....if we had interest in the past....signing now.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He’s not getting 18 but he was playing on 8 and that’s a lot for a guy who’s gonna play a third of the snaps
The tackles seem to be lingering in free agency, which means that they probably want more than teams want to pay. I'd like to see us make a play for Poona or A'Shawn or both, but don't think we will if they are not open to playing for cheap.

conner01

Reaction score
He's not waiting for that. He's waiting for camps to be close to an end.
Some vets may very well be waiting on camp to close. Most though it’s about the money. The market is really soft and that could change with a few camp injuries
I’d be a little concerned about a guy’s commitment if it’s just not wanting to go to camp and learn the system
But I get the money part.

conner01

Reaction score
The tackles seem to be lingering in free agency, which means that they probably want more than teams want to pay. I'd like to see us make a play for Poona or A'Shawn or both, but don't think we will if they are not open to playing for cheap.
If the market stays soft you might get one of them at a more reasonable price. 6-8 mil a year for a guy that’s only playing a third of the defensive snaps is really not a great use of resources
Any typical NT type isn’t playing much more than a third of snaps, but a guy who offers some pass rush ability could get more snaps

Sydla

Reaction score
If the market stays soft you might get one of them at a more reasonable price. 6-8 mil a year for a guy that’s only playing a third of the defensive snaps is really not a great use of resources
Any typical NT type isn’t playing much more than a third of snaps, but a guy who offers some pass rush ability could get more snaps
Hope they are playing it right and can end up with a guy like Ford or Robinson on a cheapish deal (or both) and then can look to the draft to supplement.

I don't care what they claim, their DT situation right now based on who is signed is pathetic for a team that will yell from the mountain tops at anyone who will listen that they are a legit SB contender.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to make a move now for AsRobinson! Then, draft a great big meanie in the draft also. Why haven't they learned this?

Damn, I just read the Giants signed him. Damn!

Sydla

Reaction score
They need to make a move now for AsRobinson! Then, draft a great big meanie in the draft also. Why haven't they learned this?

Damn, I just read the Giants signed him. Damn!
Did he sign or was he just a visit?

But it's hilarious they would consider Robinson when they already have Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams. I guess they think DT is important.