Defensive Tackles still available

starfan1

Reaction score
So far they have done better than any offseason in the last 10 years or so but its NOT a great one. We have been starved for so long that a quick burger or two feels like a feast
Love that analogy and probably spot on

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Outside of Hankins, he are some of the DT's still in the market

-Matt Ioannidis. Incredibly strong 1T, played 70% of Carolina last year. Was a productive pass rusher up until 2019, but really fell off after.

-A'shawn Robinson. Probably the best run stuffer right now. Played almost 60% of the snaps last season for LA

-Aikeem Hicks. Probably more of a name at this point. He did however play 55% of TB's snaps

- Shelby Harris. Would be more of a Carlos Watkins upgrade than a 1T. He is a guy I see as a sneaky good signing. Can play both 3T and 4i
Tampa Bay felt the lost of Akiem Hicks. Stopping the run was a problem without him in the Bucs line up.

But he is 33 years old and I would rather invest in young talent (even snatch up a RFA).

Carson

Reaction score
Been reported by Broaddus that Hankins is slow playing signing with a team and not interested in signing right now. If that's the case I would take a more aggressive approach trying to sign Robinson.

Front office needs to create as much flexibility as possible while going into the draft and not coddling guys who's unsure of committing to playing ball.
Just sign Robinson or Ionaddis my goodness

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just sign Hankins already. Then draft a dude.Then lets roll

conner01

Reaction score
Outside of Hankins, he are some of the DT's still in the market

-Matt Ioannidis. Incredibly strong 1T, played 70% of Carolina last year. Was a productive pass rusher up until 2019, but really fell off after.

-A'shawn Robinson. Probably the best run stuffer right now. Played almost 60% of the snaps last season for LA

-Aikeem Hicks. Probably more of a name at this point. He did however play 55% of TB's snaps

- Shelby Harris. Would be more of a Carlos Watkins upgrade than a 1T. He is a guy I see as a sneaky good signing. Can play both 3T and 4i
I don’t know much about whether it was from 1 or 3 but Harris has a little pass rush ability and half his tackles were solo tackles

Rayman70

Reaction score
He wants to wait and is in no hurry to sign. That’s the problem
If Im Stevie, I call him and say hey, lets ink a deal now or we will need to move into a different direction. While Hank waits, DT's are being signed. We just cant sit here and wait on him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He cost a whole lot more is why they aren’t likely to sign him unless he doesn’t get any offers. 8 mil is pricey for a guy playing a third of the snaps
that and Robinson has fallen off over the last 2 years. Meanwhile Hankins is still playing at a high level.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some dude on Twitter trying make out like ashawn is gonna get 12m a year....

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Been reported by Broaddus that Hankins is slow playing signing with a team and not interested in signing right now. If that's the case I would take a more aggressive approach trying to sign Robinson.

Front office needs to create as much flexibility as possible while going into the draft and not coddling guys who's unsure of committing to playing ball.
Interesting. Not sure what the benefit is to waiting. It's not like he'd be expected to do much in minicamp. He's not getting more than a modest 1 year deal whether he signs here or Team XYZ regardless of what month it is.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't worry guys, Jerry and Stephen got this.

Massive improvement at DT on the horizon. Can feel it in my bones.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t think we’ve seen the best of OSA yet. It’s year 3…this might be the time we see it. I’m willing to see what he looks like with another year and a one tech all season.
Maybe. I just think the position is important enough that you keep swinging, hoping that you'll hit a home run.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He’s not getting 18 but he was playing on 8 and that’s a lot for a guy who’s gonna play a third of the snaps
Original contract was 8 aav but they changed it to 6 million a year. But it doesn't look like he's getting even 6 now. Which is why he's still out there.

Sydla

Reaction score
They should be all over Ford or Robinson at this point and then they can see what transpires in the draft.