Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
theogt;2432400 said:
I wouldn't say that at all. He sounded like he'd like to be involved more, but he didn't really sound upset.

Theres no doubt he is dissapointed and he says it himself.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nav22;2432421 said:
The scary straight-line speed is still there (see his catch-and-run TD vs. the Bengals), but he's no longer shifty enough to make defenders miss.

When he hits that "2nd gear", he's still a beast. But his "1st gear" appears to be washed up... but I don't know if it's any more washed up than it's been last year or even the year before.

He can still break tackles with the best of them, though... especially when he gets into that "2nd gear".
Didn't he run down Felix Jones earlier in the season on a long TD run?

The speed is there. He's not losing anything in terms of physical ability.

juck

Reaction score
He will get it more when romo heals and really starts flinging it.Altho i like our ground game and its getting better,and I think Choice is gonna be a nice surprise,this dude rocked in college.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
theogt;2432417 said:
I think you answered your own question.

T. Owens - 5 for 38 yards.
Roy E. Williams - 3 for 36 yards.
J. Witten - 2 for 34 yards.
M. Austin - 2 for 26 yards.
M. Bennett - 1 for 25 yards.

True but the thing I am wondering is why can't we get him catches while in motion and already 10 yards down field. Like the one he had vs. the Skins when he brought it to the 1. How come we can't do that more, it should make it a helluva lot easier with the weapons we do.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2432425 said:
Theres no doubt he is dissapointed and he says it himself.
Well of course he's disappointed. He's not putting up massive numbers. But you characterized him as "pissed" and that didn't look to be the case at all.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
who cares though, we should just dump TO after the season, draft another WR to compliment the real Roy W.

Hes gonna be what 36 ? next year...danggg

Ren

Reaction score
Skippy is going to have a field day with this

juck

Reaction score
theogt;2432426 said:

u didnt read what he typed,TOs 2nd gear is still there as in catching Felix,but that first burst is gone,as in getting off the line fast.We do need a Desean jackson type,Santana Moss,etc....

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
theogt;2432431 said:
Well of course he's disappointed. He's not putting up massive numbers. But you characterized him as "pissed" and that didn't look to be the case at all.
He seemed pretty animated in his seat explaining how hes not where he wants to be this season. And Deion said the juicy part of the interview will be Sunday...can't wait for that. :rolleyes:

ajk23az

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2432433 said:
who cares though, we should just dump TO after the season, draft another WR to compliment the real Roy W.

Hes gonna be what 36 ? next year...danggg

When teams stop game planning to stop the guy, that is when we drop him. Guy is still top 10 in the league.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
juckie;2432436 said:
u didnt read what he typed,TOs 2nd gear is still there as in catching Felix,but that first burst is gone,as in getting off the line fast.We do need a Desean jackson type,Santana Moss,etc....
Well, if he can start running at the same time or just after Felix and keep up with him or run faster, then I'd say he's not lost a thing, burst or otherwise.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
ajk23az;2432439 said:
When teams stop game planning to stop the guy, that is when we drop him. Guy is still top 10 in the league.
Teams game plan for Andre Johnson and he still manages 12 catches 150 yard games.

Nav22

Reaction score

Re-read my post. I acknowledged that the straight-line speed is still there. What I think he has lost is the short interval shiftiness/quickness.

When he hits his 2nd gear, he's as good as ever. But before he hits that gear, he's no longer shifty enough to make defenders miss. I see it from him every Sunday.

That doesn't mean he still can't be highly productive. I saw this from him last year as well.

ajk23az

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2432442 said:
Teams game plan for Andre Johnson and he still manages 12 catches 150 yard games.

I know, that is what I am asking, why can't we do that with TO. But as theogt said, its partly due to all of our weapons.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Spectre;2432396 said:
**** T.O.

Deion started this interview by fanning the flame about he isn't getting the ball enough, how does he feel about it, etc.

Give me a break... you have 40 receptions on the season, drop more passes than you catch and don't get YAC anymore.

T.O. is old news. We still need to go to the draft for another upgrade at the position. Preferably a young, speedy, shifty compliment to RW11.

Little harsh there. He is tied for 3rd in the NFL with 6 TD receptions (Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Gates, Roddy White), and that's with three games of grandpa and Bollinger.

juck

Reaction score
Nav22;2432443 said:
Re-read my post. I acknowledged that the straight-line speed is still there. What I think he has lost is the short interval shiftiness/quickness.

When he hits his 2nd gear, he's as good as ever. But before he hits that gear, he's no longer shifty enough to make defenders miss. I see it from him every Sunday.

That doesn't mean he still can't be highly productive. I saw this from him last year as well.

Ur exactly right.His lateral speed isnt there anymore,and the thing is he is 35 and thats why,mother nature doesnt forgive.He still is great and draws doubles but....I also noticed this in Randy Moss.Hence why they have Welker,now he is shifty.We need a shifty guy with ultra moves,like Desean Jackson,etc...a chain mover,maybe Miles,but he is always hurt,so.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]-H-JNg4n7ZA[/youtube]
-------------------------------------------

Yeah. I am now nervous!

juck

Reaction score
He will get it more with Romo healing but I like Romo spreading the ball like last week,thats how an offense looks good.

Ren

Reaction score
he's not really saying anything we haven't been saying for weeks now about the offense but he shouldn't be saying this publicly but his "buddy" Deion just knows what buttons to push to get him talking