DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the NFL I don’t blame him, but I do think his agent effected that. The egirls were never gonna honor that bloated contract all the way. The titans were smarter and gave him all his money up front. The agents get $ signs in there eyes. Because of short careers they need to make all they can. If they make 20 million the player probly ends up with half. Taxes eat them up. Then they probly blow through a big chunk during there career offseasons. And help family.

The Eagles honored the contract to the extent they were required to. Every player knows multi year contracts aren't fully guaranteed for the entire length and full dollar amount. That would have been the case if he had signed with the Cowboys too. But there was a much larger guaranteed portion of the contract with the Eagles than with what the Cowboys were offering .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the pecker game. That fumble was in the 4th quarter the one I'm talking about was like the very first drive but I don't remember who we were playing. It was week 2 against the titans and it was the 2nd series on a 1st and 10 from their own 43 and he fumbles and was returned for a TD.
I'm not sure what game either, and I'm not denying he fumbled too much. But the GB game I think was blown out of proportion IMO.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Every player on the roster should be given competition if possible. Rod Smith should be fighting for his job. We should always be looking for the best players available and not being content. We missed the playoffs last year after going 13-3 the prior year. Everyone's job should be in question. If Murray comes cheap and we feel he is better option than Smith or anyone else available in free agency then we should consider signing him. Our front office's job is to be constanlty looking to improve the team. In my personal opinion we wouldn't have to look very hard to find an upgrade over Rod Smith. We could probably find an upgrade on day 3 of the draft. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I am just not sold on Rod Smith.

Yeah me either. I just dont think he did anything special. That's why I wanted Murray back. I know he can play behind Zeke and clean up real nice without changing much of the offense game plans. But I know I wouldn't touch a RB in the draft until mid to late rounds since we already have Zeke. I would rather have this team focus on safety, OL and LB. But in all honestly I don't care who is back there as long as they perform.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the pecker game. That fumble was in the 4th quarter the one I'm talking about was like the very first drive but I don't remember who we were playing. It was week 2 against the titans and it was the 2nd series on a 1st and 10 from their own 43 and he fumbles and was returned for a TD.

That fumble against the Packers occurred on our first possession of the 3rd quarter, not the 4th quarter. I believe the fumble that was returned for a TD you are referring to actually occurred opening week against San Francisco in 2014. He has fumbled the 2nd possession against Tennessee but that was not returned for a TD and he fumbled on the 1st possession the next week against St. Louis. Going back to the prior year, he also fumbled against Philadelphia in week 17, so he ended up fumbling in 4 straight games over the 2 years.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thinking back. Nevermind. He fumbled at the worst possible times. Not that there is a good time.

Murray had many more good moment closing games than that. It would worry me how he would kill big runs for no apparent reason by laying down.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Murray had many more good moment closing games than that. It would worry me how he would kill big runs for no apparent reason by laying down.
True that. I always wondered why he didn’t put his head down and make it a foot race when he had end zone ahead. He would look back and slow down to brace for impact. One time agianst the Giants he has Dez blocking for him and he just needed to stay along the sideline and make a dash for the end zone. He cut it back to the inside towards the defenders. I couldn’t believe it.

That said, he had several long TD runs after he left. I am wondering what kind of conditioning he was in with Philly and Tennessee as compared to here. He seemed to lack the home run ability after his first year and then gain it back after leaving, even though he had plenty of open field opportunities here.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Obviously he's not dead to you because if that were the case you wouldn't care or give him a thought, and it's obvious you are bitter. Teams move on from players, and players move on from teams. It's business, and it's silly for a fan to begrudge a player the chance to make more money by changing jobs. Everyday people do it all the time, so why can't NFL players?
He was free to do whatever he wanted & now he's unemployed. Don't want someone here who chose to go somewhere else.

vlad

Reaction score
I could see him go to NE and being a Corey Dillon type player

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Pretty idiotic analogy. Murray wasn't TALKING with a Stranger, he went to bed with them.

First off, I was pointing out the rancor of the post I quoted. The guy acted like Murray cheated on Dallas. Far, FAR from the truth.

Second, Murray wanted to be in Dallas. Nate Newton was on the radio one day here in Dallas talking about Murray that off season. Murray had not cleaned out his locker. He had signed his post season waver for injury, but was hanging out with Romo and Garrett. he wanted to stay.

The team gave him a low ball offer. He waited but nothing changed.

Philly came along and paid him what he wanted. But that was not because he sought it out. He was a loyal player and desperately wanted to stay in Dallas. One guy that was under valued by the team and fan base. Philly didn't use him right. What Dallas had in place of Murray was Mr. Meat On The Bone that didn't last the entire season. Big mouth, little results.

So idiotic post, you say? Hardly. I know the facts.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
First off, I was pointing out the rancor of the post I quoted. The guy acted like Murray cheated on Dallas. Far, FAR from the truth.

Second, Murray wanted to be in Dallas. Nate Newton was on the radio one day here in Dallas talking about Murray that off season. Murray had not cleaned out his locker. He had signed his post season waver for injury, but was hanging out with Romo and Garrett. he wanted to stay.

The team gave him a low ball offer. He waited but nothing changed.

Philly came along and paid him what he wanted. But that was not because he sought it out. He was a loyal player and desperately wanted to stay in Dallas. One guy that was under valued by the team and fan base. Philly didn't use him right. What Dallas had in place of Murray was Mr. Meat On The Bone that didn't last the entire season. Big mouth, little results.

So idiotic post, you say? Hardly. I know the facts.
All these "Facts" weren't in your last post. Just the idiotic analogy. Which of course you couldn't explain.
If Murray does end up coming back here, rejoice. I had my say on the matter. You had yours. Let's move this along.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
All these "Facts" weren't in your last post. Just the idiotic analogy. Which of course you couldn't explain.
If Murray does end up coming back here, rejoice. I had my say on the matter. You had yours. Let's move this along.

Because you were whining about him leaving and acting like he wanted to leave and somehow betrayed the team. Have a tissue, sparky.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm not sure what game either, and I'm not denying he fumbled too much. But the GB game I think was blown out of proportion IMO.

You can't blow losing the ball out of proportion especially when he did as much as he did in 2014.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You can't blow losing the ball out of proportion especially when he did as much as he did in 2014.
In the GB game, yes it was blown out of proportion. THAT'S what I'm talking about and have been. Some fans blame that on losing the game and that's just dumb. It wasn't even an untimely fumble. And most that blame him for that also believe he was going to score. The more realistic ones say at least a 1st down.

Now I'm not sure why there's that much Murray hatred, he was a very good RB and kept it professional. Maybe because the Eagles got him some fans are tender. Man up.

I'm not saying Murray was the greatest. But everyone is whining about 2014. he had over 1,800 yards and 5 fumbles. On almost 400 attempts!!!!! What the hell are you complaining about? I'll take it!
He certainly wasn't a reason we didn't move forward in the postseason. In fact, he helped us get into scoring position and the idiot staff passed on 4th and 2.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i don't see the need or fit

especially when there are way more high priority needs elsewhere on offense: LG, WR, TE, QB

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Murray got what he could when he could, good for him. If hes dirt cheap sure we csn look but he aint beating zeke out and he doesnt play ST like smith. Screw it we are better off with a cheaper guy...most likely wouldnt suit up anyway.