DeMarco Murray Leaving The Cowboys?

gdogg24

Reaction score
Jerry will be able to juggle the books around enough to keep our heavy hitters. For Murray, he has a good situation with the O-line that's in place, so I think he'd be inclined to stay.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
If its too expensive, let him go.

If he is going to want adrian peterson money, then it simply is not worth it. If Stephen is going to juggle the books around to be able to keep Dez, Mcclain, and melton, I'd rather let Murray leave go and use that money on a great defensive linemen (suh, or we could get two really good guys in here) and spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a good running back out of college.

I dont think Randle is anything special- i do think Dunbar has some special skillls. Pai him with a big back and the running gane wiuld still flourish.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't care for that article.Its nothing more than an opinion piece. I would wait till the season is over and see where we at with Murray and the cap. Runningbacks aren't as easy to replace as what most people think. If they are productive and bring in wins, then Jerry needs to find a way to keep them. Some players don't stay around for the big bucks. Some would like the chance to run behind this massive oline or to even play for the Cowboys.

Jerry and the Cowboys just needs to be creative in ways of keeping their top players and it doesn't necessarily throwing big bucks at at them.

gdogg24

Reaction score
I don't care for that article.Its nothing more than an opinion piece. I would wait till the season is over and see where we at with Murray and the cap. Runningbacks aren't as easy to replace as what most people think. If they are productive and bring in wins, then Jerry needs to find a way to keep them. Some players don't stay around for the big bucks. Some would like the chance to run behind this massive oline or to even play for the Cowboys.

Jerry and the Cowboys just needs to be creative in ways of keeping their top players and it doesn't necessarily throwing big bucks at at them.

You know I was thinking about that, how long was it before we got our current franchise quarterback after our last one retired? How long was it before we had that franchise receiver? Now how long has it been since we've had a guy who could be our franchise running back? To me it's been a while since we had a guy who was unequivocally the man in the backfield.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know I was thinking about that, how long was it before we got our current franchise quarterback after our last one retired? How long was it before we had that franchise receiver? Now how long has it been since we've had a guy who could be our franchise running back? To me it's been a while since we had a guy who was unequivocally the man in the backfield.

It's been a a while since we had an offensive line that could run block.

Last edited:

gdogg24

Reaction score
It's been a a while since we had an offense of line that could run block.

You still need to be a pretty good back to start a season like he started, and set the Cowboys single game rushing record (without this line). The problem with him has not been what he can do on the field cause he's played pretty well despite subpar run blocking.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You still need to be a pretty good back to start a season like he started, and set the Cowboys single game rushing record (without this line). The problem with him has not been what he can do on the field cause he's played pretty well despite subpar run blocking.

The problem with him (if there is one), is his injury history which scares me.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

You get RBs that are able to do what we need in round 4 of the draft. Even if you use a 2nd round pick it will be less expensive then the contract he is looking for.

I hope someone will speak with JJ if he gets braindead again and trying to overpay for a position no successfull franchise in the NFL does these days.

Enjoy Murray this year. Next year he will be gone if only one bit has changed for good in our FO.

Get me an quality RT for next year and some (more) good players on the DL. No need to overpay for the RB position.

Last edited:

gdogg24

Reaction score
The problem with him (if there is one), is his injury history which scares me.

That's understandable, but I mean as long as he's playing he's right there with the best backs in the league. Also getting so many yards before contact should help but yeah as we've seen with Sean Lee some guys inexplicably have this injury bug following them around. I think though, he made it through the majority of last season, so I mean so far so good. *knock on wood*

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I hope he stays but if it's his choice & he wants out ok. That's the nature of the business.

Certainly though again I hope he stays.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
He has to go where he can earn the most money. The life of a running back is just too short to blame him if he does so.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who do you want Murray or Dez?

I would like to get Williams up here and give him a token hand offs in the beginning and let him build up his reps if he responds. Eventually letting him finish games for Murray.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The article is right about the offensive line and the rest of the components on offense aiding in the running games (Murray's) success.

But those yards after contact totals are extremely indicative of what Murray is capable of doing over and above what's in place and account for a staggering 39% of his overall rushing yards.

YAC is different for a RB than a WR and Murray's are exceptional.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Bring up Ryan Willaims, he's our best alternative and we should have 4 RBs anyhow since we are a run oriented team now.