DeMarco Murray on the Herd

Batman1980

Reaction score
Imagine Belichick and Brady at a Red Sox game lmao

Gisselle would have to sit in the middle, just to keep the two from strangling each other. Same in 2007, same now.

That's one bromance that's definitely gone sour yes, if I won 5 championships with a guy I'd definitely play nice.

DFWJC

Reaction score
But JC, what about his gaffe in GB in 2013, where we stripped them of their dignity rushing it down their throat, only to disband the run and eventually lose the game, the game that, had we won, would have sent us to the POs, without relying on Orton for a Wk 17 miracle (that he, admittedly, almost pulled off. Almost)?
Rough stuff.
I think that was the year got retribution at Washington in week 16 with the game-winning drive (and Murray catching the winning pass), only to lose Romo to a herniated disc.
Losing at home week 17 with Orton was a bummer mostly because that dropped us to 8-8 again and no playoffs.
But that team had a truly awful defense...one and done with Kyle and that D...if they made it. Imo

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That's one bromance that's definitely gone sour yes, if I won 5 championships with a guy I'd definitely play nice.
With all due respect, Batman, it's never been a bromance. Not in 2001, not in 2018. It's always been a mutual respect, but they've always kept their distance unless their time together was in pursuit to winning (tape, meetings, etc)

Zero bromance. Ever.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Rough stuff.
I think that was the year got retribution at Washington in week 16 with the game-winning drive (and Murray catching the winning pass), only to lose Romo to a herniated disc.
Losing at home week 17 with Orton was a bummer mostly because that dropped us to 8-8 again and no playoffs.
But that team had a truly awful defense...one and done with Kyle and that D...if they made it. Imo
Yea but this defense hasn't been great for as long as I can remember. That's why we're always one and done in the playoffs most years.

Batman1980

Reaction score
With all due respect, Batman, it's never been a bromance. Not in 2001, not in 2018. It's always been a mutual respect, but they've always kept their distance unless their time together was in pursuit to winning (tape, meetings, etc)

Zero bromance. Ever.

Jeez that's just nuts. Especially since they pretty much made each other. They're both first ballot HOFers but none of it probably happens without the other. Best guess is Brady doesn't agree with the cheating. Other guess is Belicheat is a Parcells clone and we all know Parcells was a great coach but hard to get along with.

Reactions: BAT

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
The book on Garrett is pretty much written. He's a good guy who players like personally, but I don't think anyone in that locker room trusts him to outsmart anyone on the opposing sideline when it comes down to it in a crunch time situation.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Rough stuff.
Oh for sure, JC. Those teams, those years, our ELITE QB in Romo, was robbed of well-rounded teams. Zero top-10 defense, outside of 07, 09 (without looking it up). Disgusting we robbed our great of his true legacy. Give Romo SEA's 2013/2014 teams and he's a 2x Champ.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Weren't they hanging at a basketball game together?
Yes.
A couple of SMU games (Larry Brown had let Garrett attend some practices) and at Duke (coach K allowed Garret to attend practice and Tony worked some offeseson with Duke QB guru Cutliffe)

The difference is who invites who.

DFWJC

Reaction score
JG, still, would get in his chance to hang "with the cool guys" tho :muttley::muttley:

(was also considered part of the "clique," as we have heard from numerous former players, disgruntled or otherwise)
Dallas had the 32nd ranked defense in 2013....and one of worst statistically in NFL history.
The fact they entered week 17 at 8-7 was somewhat miraculous.
And really, Orton wasnt terrible week 17. They just came up short...and at home no less.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Jeez that's just nuts. Especially since they pretty much made each other. They're both first ballot HOFers but none of it probably happens without the other. Best guess is Brady doesn't agree with the cheating. Other guess is Belicheat is a Parcells clone and we all know Parcells was a great coach but hard to get along with.
Both are the GOATs at their respective position.

I never buy into the "cheat" narrative that helped them win. Belichick is a savant with photographic memory and a workaholic, Brady is constantly training, in the same mold as a LeBron, continuously trying to improve his craft, get better even as he ages. Wont buy the narrative that age matters.

He is the Goat. BB is the Goat. When you combine the two you have clashing brilliant minds and characters. And 5 SBs (7 for BB)

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
“Scumbag”?
Getting kind of personal there, soupy
You may want to re-listen to that.....nothing remotely like dissing him character-wise

Not as a person but coach. I still wonder why this guy is here after so long. He is like a cat with more than nine lives.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dallas had the 32nd ranked defense in 2013....and one of worst statistically in NFL history.
The fact they entered week 17 at 8-7 was somewhat miraculous.
And really, Orton wasnt terrible week 17. They just came up short...and at home no less.
No doubt we were a lopsided team. No doubt, JC. We have been for the better part of a decade.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Is Ben Roethlisberger a HoF 2x winning QB if he was drafted by Dallas?

JustChip

Reaction score
Packers 2017 exhibit 2
I'm going to assume you're referencing the popular criticism of leaving to much time on the clock for Aaron Rodgers. Consider this, what would you be saying had they continued to run the ball and, ultimately left no time on the clock for Rodgers, but also didn't score? And if running was so automatically successful, why did we only pick up 4th and less than 1 by less than 1/2 the length of the football, and then only because Zeke instinctively reached the ball out unprotected and susceptible to a fumble, and then only after a challenge and turnover of the call?

The primary objective when you're behind is to SCORE, not run the clock out. You can not make any assumptions of a different outcome in any scenario. People latch on passing on 1st down (or maybe it was 2nd, I don't remember) as a mistake only because of what transpired after that. The ran the play that thought gave them the best chance to score. Hell, maybe Dak should've gone into a slide at the 1 instead of scoring so more time could be taken off the clock.