DeMarco Murray To Play Against The Colts

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think he'll try and give it a go but I think Dallas is definitely going to look to get Randal and Dunbar more touches in this particular game to help him rest that hand up some.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
That Cowboys team was 4-4 at that time, and, still a lot more football to be played.. This is the last two games of the season. Basically all on the line for the playoffs. Completely different scenario.

Cowboys can't afford to have him sit out these two games if they wanna make something of this.

So, yeah, the man hell up and play..

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Did you read the report or just flip the **** out first?

Yes, I did. I also heard last year that Romo might play the next game and was OUT for the season. So, save it. They can say what they want. But, until that guy takes that first hand off come Sunday against the Colts. I am worried..

EST_1986

Reaction score
Yes, I did. I also heard last year that Romo might play the next game and was OUT for the season. So, save it. They can say what they want. But, until that guy takes that first hand off come Sunday against the Colts. I am worried..

broken back vs a broken finger is a little different

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He'll play but his touches and blocking assignments will be limited.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I think he will play, but I would be very surprised if he gets more then 10 to 15 touches, we will see a lot of Randle & Dunbar. Just having him out there will be a threat to the D.

tecolote

Reaction score
First of all, I think Demarco is a warrior and it would take a hell of a lot more for him to miss the game. I'm sure he plays. But I also think his contract situation plays a part in this for both sides. If he doesn't play and Randle blows up his value takes a big hit, of course if the opposite happens it goes up quite a bit.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
T. Owens,, A WIDE RECEIVER, played with the same damn injury..

It's a bone in his left hand,,

MAN THE HELL UP AND FRIGGIN PLAY for crying out loud. If they wanna make a go of this special season. He needs to play.

Owens had a bye week to recover.

At least know your facts.

Also how often was Owens as a wide receiver asked to pick up a blitzing linebacker in the pocket?

At least know player responsibilities.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
This comes down to him being able to do the things required to play the position.

Obviously he can't carry the ball in his bad hand, .. can he pass protect?, .. can he stiff-arm with the bad hand?, .. can he catch it coming out of the backfield?, .. can he wrap up with both hands when he is surrounded and defensive players are grabbing the ball like they do.

Randle and Dunbar are not backs that you would hang your season on, but between the two, .. they should be able to get us through one game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This comes down to him being able to do the things required to play the position.

Obviously he can't carry the ball in his bad hand, .. can he pass protect?, .. can he stiff-arm with the bad hand?, .. can he catch it coming out of the backfield?, .. can he wrap up with both hands when he is surrounded and defensive players are grabbing the ball like they do.

Randle and Dunbar are not backs that you would hang your season on, but between the two, .. they should be able to get us through one game.

I agree. If at some point this week Murray can show he can secure the ball, catch and block then great but if he is limited in what he can do then I would just as soon go with Randle and Dunbar at 100%. My hope is Murray can come back for this game but I think he has to show he can do it during the week at some point

cowboys2233

Reaction score
good. if tony can play, then murray can man up and play too

Sorry, not sure why you're taking this confrontational stance regarding Murray. "Murray can man up too?" Um, when has Murray not "manned up?" Why are so many of you displaying such pent up dislike and disrespect for this man?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Doctor on NFLN was saying he doubts Murray can play. As that hand is needed when running through defenders. Blocking, pushing his way through.
They have this doctor on quite often to review injuries.

I have no idea, but we will find out Wednesday what he can do in practice.