DeMarco Murray To Play Against The Colts

Wood

Reaction score
Thank God.

If you guys thought Randle could've just stepped in and we'd be fine, you had another thing coming. We need Murray for production and leadership.

two words for you: next year

Thomas82

Reaction score
I believe Murray is going to play. If he doesn't, it's going to be because the Coaching Staff feels as if he can't get it done with the hand. I have no doubts about Murray's toughness. Even in College, he played hurt when he could. I have always had questions about his durability going back to his Oklahoma days but not about his willingness to play hurt or with pain.

He'll play.............

Not only will he play, he'll have his usual workload and carry us to a W.

toto1939

Reaction score
man, I am not sure this is good news. Murray has had fumbling issues in the past when he had 2 good hands. Having him at less than healthy and with fumbling potential may be worse than going with other options. I think the other running backs could run well but their blitz blocking could be a deadly problem. And i read the Colts like to blitz.

Which is exactly why we need Murray playing to protect Romo against the blitz. Or are you confident that Brandon Weedon can carry the team into the playoffs?

Fredd

Reaction score
Can 't tell if this is a smoke screen or not by Dallas, but I sure do hope DM is in there

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If this were me, I would have Randall and Murray in the backfield on some plays. The ideas of having one of them motion, or set them in a T formation and Romo has an option to hand off to one or throw to the flat for the other.

I have not seen this team do anything like this.

Neither has the NFL.

So stack the line for Murray and see Randall take a swing pass behind a blocker outside.

Gaede

Reaction score
two words for you: next year

No thanks. Randle has looked good to me. But a starting RB he is not.

Hambrick all over again.

I want my starting RB to be someone to lead the team, someone to rely on. He just doesn't have those qualities

kevm3

Reaction score
The man up thing is cool and all, but there's a huge difference in playing RB and QB with an injury since RBs deal with contact every time they touch the ball. It might be better for Murray to sit a game out and see what we got in Randle and Dunbar. We're going to need Murray for the playoffs if we make it. No need to run him into the ground right now while injured. Plus, Romo could get blasted if Murray is unable to block properly

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
They were discussing the location of the break on Mike & Mike, saying where his is broken may be one of the better case scenarios. The Stealer Lover Merril Hoge said he had the same break and he was able to play because of the location of the break. I guess we'll see.

Saw that. But Hoge wasnt going to carry the ball 30 times a game either.

windjc

Reaction score
The man up thing is cool and all, but there's a huge difference in playing RB and QB with an injury since RBs deal with contact every time they touch the ball. It might be better for Murray to sit a game out and see what we got in Randle and Dunbar. We're going to need Murray for the playoffs if we make it. No need to run him into the ground right now while injured. Plus, Romo could get blasted if Murray is unable to block properly

You are assuming that we can beat the Colts without Murray. Now as much as I have been impressed with Randle and Dunbar as change of pace backs the last 4+ weeks, I have ZERO confidence that they could carry the ball 25+ between them and/or punish defenses in the process.

To beat the Colts, Dallas must run the ball, sustain long drives and dominate time of possession with the EXACT same formula as last week. Dallas cannot do that without a strong run game. The Colts D does not know Dallas as well as the Eagles do, so Murray, if he can go, should have even more impact in this one that last week.

Without a dominate run attack, Dallas will have to match Romo toe to toe with Luck in a shootout. I do NOT like Dallas' odds in that scenario.

Dallas must win this week to have a good chance of the playoffs. Remember, a loss, and chances are we are on the outside looking in with 1 week to go.

Wood

Reaction score
You are assuming that we can beat the Colts without Murray. Now as much as I have been impressed with Randle and Dunbar as change of pace backs the last 4+ weeks, I have ZERO confidence that they could carry the ball 25+ between them and/or punish defenses in the process.

To beat the Colts, Dallas must run the ball, sustain long drives and dominate time of possession with the EXACT same formula as last week. Dallas cannot do that without a strong run game. The Colts D does not know Dallas as well as the Eagles do, so Murray, if he can go, should have even more impact in this one that last week.

Without a dominate run attack, Dallas will have to match Romo toe to toe with Luck in a shootout. I do NOT like Dallas' odds in that scenario.

Dallas must win this week to have a good chance of the playoffs. Remember, a loss, and chances are we are on the outside looking in with 1 week to go.

First, Dallas has alot more on line than Indy. Thats huge factor. Of course Dallas will use Murray if they can but he may need to sit out. Thats not anyone fault...its just life in NFL. The more important injuries are on OL especially martin if he can't play. I think Indy will give up points to Dallas. Pitts put up 50 on them, NE put up over 40 points and Eagles put up 30 on them. This game will come down to Dallas CB again playing well enough on Indy WR to create few coverage sacks. In the end I just think Dallas will want this game more as Indy really can't move from #3 seed playoff spot.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I would suit him up and see how the game transpires. If things are going well, let him sit. He would also be a nice decoy on goal line situations.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I can think of with this one was: if I'm Murray in the second to last game of a contract season, I"m not letting another back get tape running my snaps behind my line. I'm sucking it up, playing the games, and taking that 'yeah, but it was the OL that made you great' and the 'yeah, but you have a history of missing games due to injuries' off the table in one fell swoop.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Thank God.

If you guys thought Randle could've just stepped in and we'd be fine, you had another thing coming. We need Murray for production and leadership.

Ehh I think that's debatable, but I sure am glad we might not have to find out.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Hilarious to see fans on a message board saying "man up!!!" Give me a break.
I hope this doesn't make him more prone to fumbling. Defenders will target it no doubt if he's in there. Can't afford costly turnovers against Luck.

Defenders will target his non carrying hand?? I hope they do, Murray will run right by them or right over them if they are trying to tackle him that way.