DeMarco Murray To Play Against The Colts

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Whoa, calm down Hook'em, LOL. The thread title says he WILL play.

Yup, further supports my last post. There seems to be a whole lot of dislike and disrespect for Murray around here -- the guy NEVER said he wouldn't play, he NEVER said he couldn't deal with the pain. And yet, with the way many on here are acting, you would think he shouted that from the rooftops.

Aven8

Reaction score
Lol at the guys thinking he's just another back! Another back that leads the league in TD's and rushing.

I want him to play just for the threat. If he only gets 10 carries that's fine. What we have at stake is huge and don't forget Indy can play!

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Yup, further supports my last post. There seems to be a whole lot of dislike and disrespect for Murray around here -- the guy NEVER said he wouldn't play, he NEVER said he couldn't deal with the pain. And yet, with the way many on here are acting, you would think he shouted that from the rooftops.

Where is the dislike or disrespect? I am PRAYING he plays. I was responding more to some in here that think he won't play. Or, shouldn't,because. You know, A broken bone in your hand , non carrying hand, is going to be disaster to play with in a football game. LOL..IF it's up to Murray, he plays, no doubt. Dallas needs Murray.. Without, they aren't winning any meaningful games come January. Just my opinion..

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Who is making this claim, Dr Jerry Jones?

I will wait and see. Most guys need a full week to recover. Very rare to play 6 days after a surgery. It's not even about the pain tolerance the doctors said.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Owens had a bye week to recover.

At least know your facts.

Also how often was Owens as a wide receiver asked to pick up a blitzing linebacker in the pocket?

At least know player responsibilities.

I know he should be playing this Sunday. That is all I need to know..

Once again..Just like when the Emmitt injury was brought up. Owens injured his hand in the second game of that season. A hell of a lot of a different scenario than what is going on in Dallas right now. Dallas can never afford to have one of it's best players on the sideline in any game. Especially with how important Murray is to this team.

I'll google and get my "facts" straight next time.. Maybe you should figure out exactly the impact of having another 13 or so games to decide what happens in January, say then two games left, NEEDING to win both, to possibly even qualify for the playoffs, in January.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Where is the dislike or disrespect? I am PRAYING he plays. I was responding more to some in here that think he won't play. Or, shouldn't,because. You know, A broken bone in your hand , non carrying hand, is going to be disaster to play with in a football game. LOL..IF it's up to Murray, he plays, no doubt. Dallas needs Murray.. Without, they aren't winning any meaningful games come January. Just my opinion..

You told Murray to "man the hell up and friggin' play." Call me crazy, but that sounds a whole lot like calling Murray out.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I'm more worried about a compromised Murray coughing it up than manning up, we won't win this game if we lose the turnover battle, and that could be a real probability with a damaged hand.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Linehan needs to come up with a wrinkle that Indy has not seen. We can still run the ball, maybe not quite as much without Murray, but still run the ball.
Dunbar and Randle will bring a little change of pace. Where Murray is strong and physical, he is not quick nor elusive.
But Dunbar and Randle have a little quickness and speed, so maybe those two can bring the running game but just a little differently.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I believe Murray is going to play. If he doesn't, it's going to be because the Coaching Staff feels as if he can't get it done with the hand. I have no doubts about Murray's toughness. Even in College, he played hurt when he could. I have always had questions about his durability going back to his Oklahoma days but not about his willingness to play hurt or with pain.

He'll play.............

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
You told Murray to "man the hell up and friggin' play." Call me crazy, but that sounds a whole lot like calling Murray out.

No, I just typed man up and play in general. I don't know Murray, Never have met him or spoke to him. So, there would be no way to do that. But, if it helps in him playing. I would . LOL.. Dallas needs him. No other way about it.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I believe Murray is going to play. If he doesn't, it's going to be because the Coaching Staff feels as if he can't get it done with the hand. I have no doubts about Murray's toughness. Even in College, he played hurt when he could. I have always had questions about his durability going back to his Oklahoma days but not about his willingness to play hurt or with pain.

He'll play.............

This,

I am worried is all.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Hilarious to see fans on a message board saying "man up!!!" Give me a break.
I hope this doesn't make him more prone to fumbling. Defenders will target it no doubt if he's in there. Can't afford costly turnovers against Luck.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
No, I just typed man up and play in general. I don't know Murray, Never have met him or spoke to him. So, there would be no way to do that. But, if it helps in him playing. I would . LOL.. Dallas needs him. No other way about it.

Cool, I'm probably reading way too much into it. I get defensive when it comes to my favorite players and I'm still a bit sensitive to all this talk about Murray being a product of the system. LOL.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I think he'll try and give it a go but I think Dallas is definitely going to look to get Randal and Dunbar more touches in this particular game to help him rest that hand up some.

This for sure. I'm a little more concerned with the health of our Oline and keeping Romo on his feet. These colts have a pesky DLine and if we get pass happy due to a (non Murray presence) we'll need full protection to be effective. Linehan is going to need to be very judicious with his play calling. He kept the Egles guessing and exploited miss matches well but can't underestimate these Colts.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Hilarious to see fans on a message board saying "man up!!!" Give me a break.
I hope this doesn't make him more prone to fumbling. Defenders will target it no doubt if he's in there. Can't afford costly turnovers against Luck.

He should man up, it ain't that serious.