DeMarco Murray To Play Against The Colts

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ed Werder just reported the Cowboys are confident Murray will play Sunday against the Colts. Just reported on Mike & Mike.

I wish I felt confident he would play but gut feeling is he will not make it this weekend.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well, it is possible the Cowboys are just saying this and things could change . . . . . . . . .

I hope he can play, my concerns would be his ability to block and even more important the ability to control the ball. Others who have had this injury missed games including Emmitt. They say the pain and swelling are worse right after the surgery so will 6 days be enough time? My gut feeling is no he will not be ready but like everyone else I hope he can go but it can't be playing just to play he must be effective and if he is not then I would just as soon go with Randle and Dunbar

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I hope he can play, my concerns would be his ability to block and even more important the ability to control the ball. Others who have had this injury missed games including Emmitt. They say the pain and swelling are worse right after the surgery so will 6 days be enough time? My gut feeling is no he will not be ready but like everyone else I hope he can go but it can't be playing just to play he must be effective and if he is not then I would just as soon go with Randle and Dunbar

They were discussing the location of the break on Mike & Mike, saying where his is broken may be one of the better case scenarios. The Stealer Lover Merril Hoge said he had the same break and he was able to play because of the location of the break. I guess we'll see.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And I'm now on record stating that Demarco Murray will pass Emmitt Smith's record for the Cowboys this weekend.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
man, I am not sure this is good news. Murray has had fumbling issues in the past when he had 2 good hands. Having him at less than healthy and with fumbling potential may be worse than going with other options. I think the other running backs could run well but their blitz blocking could be a deadly problem. And i read the Colts like to blitz.

CCBoy

Reaction score

I doubt that a punch with the palm will be the problem...or a blocking action.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They were discussing the location of the break on Mike & Mike, saying where his is broken may be one of the better case scenarios. The Stealer Lover Merril Hoge said he had the same break and he was able to play because of the location of the break. I guess we'll see.

As I said I hope so

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
T. Owens,, A WIDE RECEIVER, played with the same damn injury..

It's a bone in his left hand,,

MAN THE HELL UP AND FRIGGIN PLAY for crying out loud. If they wanna make a go of this special season. He needs to play.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This could be a blessing in disguise if it makes Murray focus on holding onto the ball better. He does get a little careless at times. Even if he's just a decoy it gives the Indy defense something to worry about. If their run D is as bad as people say, we need to take advantage whether it's Murray, Randle or Dunbar.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

MAN THE HELL UP AND FRIGGIN PLAY for crying out loud. If they wanna make a go of this special season. He needs to play.

Whoa, calm down Hook'em, LOL. The thread title says he WILL play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

These guys are tough for fans to question that is pretty lame. He will play if he can but it is not about toughness it is a matter of being able to do the job. Emmitt missed a game with this injury and no one questioned his toughness nor should Murray.