DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This has been obvious for a while now.

The Witten thing might have been the very last straw.

I know if I played with my arm hanging off for an entire year while Witten did nothing and came right back in like he never left, I would be a little miffed.

Witten played hurt for years missing a game his rookie year and comes back and signs a contract for a base salary of 2 mil and could make as much as 5 mil with bonuses and you think Lawrence is upset about a max of 5 mil for ONE season? Stop trying to read minds you're not very good at it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The one guy that has earned his payday more than anyone and the team is unable to get a deal done:

Here's a couple of thoughts on this "insider" who claims Lawrence feels disrespected. First, there's NEVER been an "insider" that's been right all the time. Second, where are the direct quotes from Lawrence that he feels disrespected. "Insiders" saying it don't count. They say what they say to be listened to and they think everyone is supposed to believe everything they say as gospel even though there's been plenty of times these "insiders" have gotten things wrong. Third, every team going into the off season leading up to the draft do something called gamesmanship, also know as false info. Well here's a shocker for everyone, players/agents do that to. They do that to get the public to to think what they want them to think and they think it helps in negotiating. Fourth, the ONLY ones that know for sure exactly what is going on are the player, his agent and the team. Lastly getting tagged and guaranteeing Lawrence 20 mil for the season is not peanuts and nothing to feel disrespected about. I still believe they will get a long term deal done before the July deadline.

GMO415

Reaction score
A minimum $17 million a year? He'll survive.

I don't want to hear him cry about shhhhh

glimmerman

Reaction score
So...if he really wanted 20m guaranteed and made that a firm demand, why would Dallas have offered him anything? If he would have come out and said I want 14m guaranteed, maybe they would have played ball.

Did you ever think that Beasley just wanted to start over somewhere else?
I am sure he did. Apparenly only a million apart. We offered 6 million a year and they offered 7...

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Let the family take their hard earned vacation. They have really been workin' hard selling this idea that they are "all in" and are not satisfied.

I am sure that is very draining for them.
Ir's very draining on me. lol

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I am sure he did. Apparenly only a million apart. We offered 6 million a year and they offered 7...

If that is true...he is gonna burn that million a year in the high cost of living and state income tax. Not to mention just the hassle of moving. But Buffalo gets him closer to NY so that might help his rap career.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I really don't care about what Dlaw thinks.
He gets payed either way.
Im late in the thread, and DLaw is late to become more of a multi millionaire than he already is.
All the franchise tag really means, is that his great grand kids are millionaires also, once a real deal gets ironed out.
So just shut your pie hole, all you have really proven is that you find a way to stay clean, healthy, productive when you know a contract is forthcoming.
That equation I never feel comfortable about the end result vs value.

uvaballa

Reaction score
We can lament the fact the Cowboys could have gotten D-Law for $17 million per last season; but after the Mack, Donald, and now Flowers deals we are assuming he wouldn't ask for a restructured contract worth more money and hold out to get it.

I'm getting tired of the D-Law saga. If the Cowboys can trade him and get that $20.7 million back I wish they would do it.

If they do that and don’t bring in a legit pass rusher the D will be trash next year. So get ready for Dak and company’s first non winning season.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Here's a couple of thoughts on this "insider" who claims Lawrence feels disrespected. First, there's NEVER been an "insider" that's been right all the time. Second, where are the direct quotes from Lawrence that he feels disrespected. "Insiders" saying it don't count. They say what they say to be listened to and they think everyone is supposed to believe everything they say as gospel even though there's been plenty of times these "insiders" have gotten things wrong. Third, every team going into the off season leading up to the draft do something called gamesmanship, also know as false info. Well here's a shocker for everyone, players/agents do that to. They do that to get the public to to think what they want them to think and they think it helps in negotiating. Fourth, the ONLY ones that know for sure exactly what is going on are the player, his agent and the team. Lastly getting tagged and guaranteeing Lawrence 20 mil for the season is not peanuts and nothing to feel disrespected about. I still believe they will get a long term deal done before the July deadline.
Thanks for that!!