Twitter: Demarcus Lawrence tweet

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm so proud of you guys! This thread showed me that much of this board, like myself, is tired of HotWheelz Lawrence and his complete lack of self awareness.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Do some here think we don’t need D Law? Because we do. He’s great vs the run and will be our 2nd best pass rusher to Parsons.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s great vs the run and will be our 2nd best pass rusher to Parsons.

Randy Gregory would like a word.

Heck, Osa and Dorance Armstrong would like a word as well.

They all cause more havoc in the backfield than HotWheelz Lawrence.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's thinking next level on the cap space. A post June move would make sense.

That is, if they can wait for that cap relief.

But for me it comes down to Lawrence or Gregory. You’re not keeping both. And if I have to choose? I’m keeping Gregory.

pitt33

Reaction score
I know everyone is frustrated that he is not on the field. If anything, we could really use him in run support. Let's not forget the initial timeline for his return was Thanksgiving...at the earliest.

I, for one, am looking forward to him taking the field. And if Gregory comes back in a few, I believe it will bode very well for this defense. And it couldn't come at a better time.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All I know is I listened to McCarthy's PC after the game and he was pretty emphatic that he misses having Tank on his line. I'll side with the real coach, not the armchair coaches on this one. I think people smell another Jaylon on this one, especially with the salary, but I know this D-Line will be better when he comes back. If the Boys can beat opponents like KC, Raiders, and the Saints without their 2 best pass rushers (not counting Parsons), this team is going to gain some serious momentum going into the Playoffs.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Do some here think we don’t need D Law? Because we do. He’s great vs the run and will be our 2nd best pass rusher to Parsons.

Correction 3rd best. Parsons and Gregory then maybe DLAW if he plays again. But DLAW is not a pass rusher any longer he is a run stopper

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'll worry about the contracts this off season..right now I would love to see Tank, RG, Osa, #11 on the field at the same time....it would be better than it has been.

Edit: when I say I'll worry I mean I'll watch what happens...Stephen and Jerra stopped talking to me in 2014, it was a mess and lines were crossed....

Rayman70

Reaction score
cut soon? He still on the team? Guess I forgot all about him. Sincerely.... Dorance Armstrong.

bigE79

Reaction score
Seriously.

yb9gosasg3sfe8zcgkta.jpg

A bunch of scrubs giving themselves an unearned nickname. An embarrassment in the history of the Cowboys.
Poor Sean...you know damn well he wanted to have nothing to do with this...miss you #50

bigE79

Reaction score
Exactly...look at his face..fake smile and all. classic lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean until he gets 1v1 matchups because there are other players actually making the opposing OC worry.....I'll make everyone a deal, lets see how it actually goes when Law gets to play with others WHO CAN PLAY and if he sucks then lets run him outa town...Law can get sacks he has done it, maybe let DQ have him for a couple games before we demote him to JAG DE....just sayin.

Reactions: G2

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m betting it’s after this season. They’ll spread that $19 million out over two years like they did with Romo.

I think it depends on how he plays. Injuries, especially a broken foot, can't really be helped. If he comes off it blazing and is clearly an upgrade over the other ends, I think we're more likely to restructure than cut him. He's got a $19 million base, so a restructure would provide all or most of what we'd need to also re-sign Gregory (for the first year).

Fans who want to replace him need to provide a viable solution to the hole it leaves. Are we going to move Parsons to end to pair with Gregory or are we satisfied with Golston or Basham? We could re-sign Armstrong, but he's also not a starter IMO.

I'd rather restructure and keep Lawrence than have to use a first-round pick to replace him (with the possibility that that first-rounder could turn out like Taco Charlton).

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone who is a Cowboys fan can support D Flaw. Dude has been a world class me me me d bag contract year player. His very existence has been actively bad for the team and it most likely is not going to turn around any time soon.

Hmmm ... I was thinking the same thing about Cowboys fans who dog a player who has consistently been one of our best.