Twitter: Demarcus Lawrence tweet

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it depends on how he plays. Injuries, especially a broken foot, can't really be helped. If he comes off it blazing and is clearly an upgrade over the other ends, I think we're more likely to restructure than cut him. He's got a $19 million base, so a restructure would provide all or most of what we'd need to also re-sign Gregory (for the first year).

And that restructure would just make future years worse.

Fans who want to replace him need to provide a viable solution to the hole it leaves. Are we going to move Parsons to end to pair with Gregory or are we satisfied with Golston or Basham? We could re-sign Armstrong, but he's also not a starter IMO.

We’re 7-1 without him. That ‘hole’ isn’t as big as you’re making it out to be.

I'd rather restructure and keep Lawrence than have to use a first-round pick to replace him (with the possibility that that first-rounder could turn out like Taco Charlton).

I don’t think you’re taking the math into consideration. And that first rounder could have and should have been TJ Watt. Never forget that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We’re 7-1 without him. That ‘hole’ isn’t as big as you’re making it out to be.

We will face some tougher offenses than a lot of those we beat. If we're going to get where we want to be, then we're going to need players like Lawrence and Gregory. I don't want to lose another playoff shootout.

We're also 1-0 without Dak. Does that mean we're just as well off with Rush starting?

Trendnet

Reaction score
We will face some tougher offenses than a lot of those we beat. If we're going to get where we want to be, then we're going to need players like Lawrence and Gregory. I don't want to lose another playoff shootout.

But TJ Watt though.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But TJ Watt though.

Right. But we didn't draft Watt. Mistakes are made every year. I prefer not to create a need that we might fail to fill in the draft. Plus, it forces you into drafting a position instead of just trying to get better.

Again, that's all contingent on how Lawrence plays when he comes back. I think he'll go back to being one of our top defenders, but that's simply my opinion right now.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I don’t get the hate on Bashum or Gholston. Both were supposed to be backups but because of injuries they were forced into action. Gholston is playing ok. His pressure was the reason Diggs got the interception against Atlanta. I bet some of you all really miss Jaylon and Chedo.:facepalm:
I miss Taco, Joe Randle, Jihad Ward and Claiborne the most IMO. And Chaz green

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don’t either and I’m not chasing him off while he’s still under contract this season. But the team has clearly shown they CAN win without him.

We're also 1-0 without Dak. Does that mean we're just as well off with Rush starting?

7 > 1

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Soon? Going to give back some of that money so we can recruit a player who actually contributes and plays?

Mannix

Reaction score
I don’t get the hate on Bashum or Gholston. Both were supposed to be backups but because of injuries they were forced into action. Gholston is playing ok. His pressure was the reason Diggs got the interception against Atlanta. I bet some of you all really miss Jaylon and Chedo.:facepalm:
Gholston was hurt all of training camp....he is doing everything on the fly!