Demarcus Lawrence wants at least $17 mil per year

cern

Reaction score
We have seen what qb's can do when given a lot of time I in the pocket to find an open receivers. Aaron Rodgers comes to mind. We finally have an elite edge rusher and some are suggesting let him go??? Omg.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If he wants 17 mill then you have to franchise tag and make him prove it again.

If Dez Bryant can takes 3 steps back like he did when he got his money, along with several other Cowboys, then Demarcus Lawrence is no safe bet either.

Tag him and make him do it again.
I dont know what the big deal is! If he werent in Dallas we would all be crying how Dallas should go after a guy like that! If you tag him and he plays well again there is a good chance he will get even more money. Sign him to a 4 year deal and while their at they should sign Irving too. Cut Dez and your basically getting two for the price of one!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would prefer they keep Hitchens and Irving and take a DT in the 1st. Maybe Ganjory will play and Tapper can stay healthy.

Lawrence is about 5M a year high in what he wants but I'm sure there's some team that will pay it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Almost no one here wanted to sign OVernon, Chandler Jones or M Ingram the last couple years and they all had better track records than DLaw

Throwing 17m at him even for one year is a huge overpay

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
Y'all want to win but don't want to pay anyone. Keep bringing in Pea and Carroll type cheeeeeeep sorry guys. How's that been working out?

lk8701

Reaction score
We should have traded our 4th round pick for Robert Quinn.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
All our money needs to go to the offensive line and Dez. We don’t want to pay for defensive players. Rod maybe can get Taco to perform one year before we let him walk.

Hadenough

Reaction score
All our money needs to go to the offensive line and Dez. We don’t want to pay for defensive players. Rod maybe can get Taco to perform one year before we let him walk.
I forgot about that unwritten rule but your right they dont spend on defense!

blueblood70

Reaction score
We should have traded our 4th round pick for Robert Quinn.
a 4th and 6th and don't forget anew expensive contract that will be close as Tank..its why they traded him they couldn't afford him and Donald..read the article all teams have to make these decisions and let good players go due to salary cap issues..