Dez already asked to take a pay cut?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If you want a good route runner who can catch 100 balls and score 7 TD's.. Jarvis Landry is a free agent and so is Davante Adams. We need to spend some money in free agency and draft well at WR this year.

Jarvis Landry has had how many good seasons again?? Cowboys could of had Josh Gordon for peanuts if they acted sooner.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I like him at his current contract. He is a 5 time probowler and 4 time All Pro and still only 27 years old. I'll take my chances with him having a bounce back year. The deal he signed was a overall team friendly contract. You'd have to be high to ask Tyron to take a pay cut.
Dez' contract would have to drop to the 6.5 to 7.M per year range to even make it even remotely attractive to any team whether it's in Dallas or somewhere else, and even then not every team would be interested.....we're not the only ones that see his production to value ratio is nowhere close to equal.....add to that the games he completely takes off and his sideline demeanor and his value drops even more.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easily replaceable last season on a 13-3 team but not on this year’s team where all the receivers struggled. For our receiving situation to improve with the current team we need a legit #1 WR. Not going to be easy finding another receiver who can put 7 TDs on the board with the many issues we had on offense this season. If we don’t replace him with a better receiver we’re not going to improve. We could go from bad to worse. Our young QB needs a legit # 1 WR.
Dez 6 TDs
Witten 5 TDs

It would be hard to get worse than his 50% catch rate. Noah Brown can probably catch half the balls thrown to him...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez 6 TDs
Witten 5 TDs

It would be hard to get worse than his 50% catch rate. Noah Brown can probably catch half the balls thrown to him...

Even on a real down year Dez still has more TDs than any receiver on the team. You would actually be fine with Noah Brown replacing Dez? :cool: All Brown has shown he can do that Dez can do is drop balls and not get open. He’s looked like a complete JAG so far.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If you want a good route runner who can catch 100 balls and score 7 TD's.. Jarvis Landry is a free agent and so is Davante Adams. We need to spend some money in free agency and draft well at WR this year.
Adams just got 4/58m......Jeffrey got 4/56m.......Landry will get 10m+

Dez for 2/25m with 0 gtd is not bad

I would def draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd and later in the 6th or 7th
I would only sign a FA if I could trade Dez

Brooksey

Reaction score

I didn’t see the Adams deal but there’s quite a few free agents available like J Landry and A Robinson.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I didn’t see the Adams deal but there’s quite a few free agents available like J Landry and A Robinson.
the number is shrinking and those guys are no sure upgrades......injuries, slot WRs and JAGs

jordan4vols

Reaction score
I’ve always loved Dez but I can find plenty of receivers that cause 2 turnovers and have a 3/43 stat line in a win or go home elimination game. Elite wr are supposed to change the game. Dez is not elite right now. Now we can argue maybe a better offensive mind could move him around etc but right now he’s not making plays. He said “double team me cause Zekes going to run for 250” and then promptly pouted when we were feeding Zeke who had over 75 yards in the first half.

Brooksey

Reaction score
the number is shrinking and those guys are no sure upgrades......injuries, slot WRs and JAGs

I’ll take Jarvis Landry right now and draft a future #1 no problem. Gonna cost us some $. Robinson is young and has shown #1 productivity in past, not sure what happened this year. I don’t think we can just rely on a rookie, wr’s take time.

hutch1254

Reaction score
For me it is not about the money at all. I no longer want the drama that goes with the player. We have to force feed passes to the player early in the game to make him feel good about himself so he doesn't turn into a cry baby drama queen on the sidelines? If that's the case then the offense and offensive coordinator are being held hostage to appease the player. I no longer want cameras canvasing the sideline for this players' rogue crying when baby doesn't get his bottle. The words "almost" and "always something" will always be associated with the player for me.

The release of the player can't come soon enough.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I’ll take Jarvis Landry right now and draft a future #1 no problem. Gonna cost us some $. Robinson is young and has shown #1 productivity in past, not sure what happened this year. I don’t think we can just rely on a rookie, wr’s take time.
Landry isn't going anywhere

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would look at a guy like Allen Robinson that might sign a 1-year prove it deal after missing 2017 with an injury.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me it is not about the money at all. I no longer want the drama that goes with the player. We have to force feed passes to the player early in the game to make him feel good about himself so he doesn't turn into a cry baby drama queen on the sidelines? If that's the case then the offense and offensive coordinator are being held hostage to appease the player. I no longer want cameras canvasing the sideline for this players' rogue crying when baby doesn't get his bottle. The words "almost" and "always something" will always be associated with the player for me.

The release of the player can't come soon enough.
The Player.

Is this Parcells posting about TO...
:rolleyes:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they just replace Butler I would look at Pryor. He failed in Washington but I saw an article about him that was interesting.
1: He injured his ankle in game 2 and is now going to have surgery. This had to have been part of his problem.

2. The article indicated that Washington used him differently than Cleveland did in 2016 when he had 77 catches and 4 TDs. He only had 20 catches and 1 TD this year so he should not be expensive.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If they just replace Butler I would look at Pryor. He failed in Washington but I saw an article about him that was interesting.
1: He injured his ankle in game 2 and is now going to have surgery. This had to have been part of his problem.

2. The article indicated that Washington used him differently than Cleveland did in 2016 when he had 77 catches and 4 TDs. He only had 20 catches and 1 TD this year so he should not be expensive.
Pryor is not a bad reclamation project

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Dez' contract would have to drop to the 6.5 to 7.M per year range to even make it even remotely attractive to any team whether it's in Dallas or somewhere else, and even then not every team would be interested.....we're not the only ones that see his production to value ratio is nowhere close to equal.....add to that the games he completely takes off and his sideline demeanor and his value drops even more.
I agree with this 100%

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Even on a real down year Dez still has more TDs than any receiver on the team.

Only one more TD than old man Witten despite 46 more targets than anyone else on the team. If that was an attempt to demonstrate Dez's current value, it wasn't the best effort.