Dez Bryant and Martellus Bennett were terrible picks

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BlueAndSilverSurfer;4363081 said:
the Roy Williams trade has helped Detroit immensely, and the Cowboys have had 1 playoff win in 15 years.

**** Jerry
It helps being at gutter of the league, and being at the gutter is better than being where we are.

1st off, they were able to get a ton of 1st round talent, while we're messing around with the 20th pick and so on.

They weren't in denial about their team, but teams in the middle still believe they can add this and that and become a champion. Most fans and GM's that are in the middle of the pack are like compulsive gamblers. They keep hoping if they play one more hand, they'll win the jack pot.

Mash

Reaction score
Just Wow....

I have to stop reading threads like this....

just dumb

They sure come out of the woodwork recently....

I have to take a break it seems....my brain hurts ....

Randy White

Reaction score
jterrell;4363150 said:
with the number of draft picks out of football it is rather silly to focus your displeasure with guys who actually contribute.

STOP :bang2: :bang2: MAKING :bang2: :bang2: SENSE...!!!

I'm going to have to send you the memo again.. but this is the last time, mister..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
BlueAndSilverSurfer;4363081 said:
the Roy Williams trade has helped Detroit immensely, and the Cowboys have had 1 playoff win in 15 years.

**** Jerry

Dez was a great pick he was a legit top 5 player who was taken much later. To lump him in with a lazy unproductive bum like Bennett is silly. Dez was the Cowboys leading WR this past season and is only going to get better. Bennett was an awful pick I said this the day the Cowboys drafted him. The Cowboys had a good blocking TE in Anthony Fasano who was a decent receiver that they already used a #2 pick on a couple of seasons earlier. To trade him and another player away to Miami for a 4th rd pick and burn another #2 on a TE was ridiculous. The Cowboys made the move thinking Bennett would be a better receiver than Fasano. :rolleyes:

They wanted to pair Bennett and Witten in a 2 TE offense which would provide Romo with more options in the passing game. Bennett never panned out in that role and Fasano went on to be a pretty productive starting TE for Miami. As for the Roy Williams trade it was a bad trade because Roy was already on the decline in Detroit and the numbers he was putting up with the Lions tell the story. It was a desperation move by Jerry that backfired.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Eddie;4363123 said:
Honestly, I'd rather have drafted UFA Victor Cruz in the first round instead of Dez.

How the heck did the Gnats get Cruz for free???

The same reason we got Romo, and Austin for "free".

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Jenky;4363181 said:
Another dumb thread.

Bryant = 928 yards 9 tds
Witten = 942 yards 5 tds
Robinson = 858 yards 11 tds
Miles = 579 yards 7 tds

It's like you want them all to have 1500 yards + 20 tds each. Open your eyes and realize that Tony is spreading the wealth.

Thank Jebus for that because we scored just 5 rushing touchdowns all year.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dez is a loser......I hate drafting players who score lots of TDs....they are a waste of time and space.

rathalarge

Reaction score
Eddie;4363123 said:
Honestly, I'd rather have drafted UFA Victor Cruz in the first round instead of Dez.

You better duck!! :laugh2: :laugh1:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Eddie;4363123 said:

How did we get Tony Romo and Miles Austin?

These things happen.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Given how many 2nd rounders do NOTHING at all and how many end up out of the league after a few seasons, having a guy who came in and played every game (save a few for injury) simply cannot be considered a "terrible" pick. More likely this is the OPs terrible failure to understand how many 2nd rounders totally fail.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dariet22;4363097 said:
This team is loaded with players whose reputations exceed their production.

It starts at the top with JJ................:bang2:

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie;4363123 said:

i don't know man, but it pisses me off to no end.

Eddie

Reaction score
dboy214;4363497 said:
i don't know man, but it pisses me off to no end.

Man, I don't think the Gnats would trade Cruz for Dez straight up at the moment.

Can we build a time machine, and force Jerry Jones to draft Cruz with a 7th round pick ???

Eskimo

Reaction score
Risen Star;4363098 said:
I don't remember a single draft source that projected Bennett anywhere near the 5th round.

I'm not saying Bennett was projected as a 5th rounder.

I am saying that you can find an equivalent player to him in the 5th round or thereabouts. Guys who are good blockers and limited receivers at TE are not premium draft picks.

I happen to like MartyB and hope we re-sign him for about $2M/yr or so. He really helps our outside running attack and is a decent dumpoff receiver with some RAC ability. He is a bad downfield receiving threat and I don't expect this part of his game to improve much.

30yrheel

Reaction score
marty has turned out to be a bad pick. dez just hasn't lived up to the first round hype yet.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Dez has lots to do but at 24 pick overall he is not bust, had he been a top 5 pick as his talent level is, then yes he'd be a disappointment thus far. Bennett was a bad pick, i agree, Fasano was a decent tightend and contributor, crap Tony Curtis did more than Bennett.

I wish he was a bengal and Dallas had taken their first round pick.

Eddie

Reaction score
Considering we have Witten as our starting TE for probably the next 8 years, we shouldn't be drafting backup TE's anywhere near the first day.

2nd round draft picks should be starters ... not backups.

I don't care about all this talk of 2 TE formations. It hasn't worked. Don't draft backups on the first day.

I don't think Jerrah has learned that in his 20 year tenure.