Dez Bryant arrested (911 Call-Post 847) **closed**

Wood

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624221 said:
Mom was the only police incident. Nothing happened at the club. Cops weren't called at the mall (misdemeanor sagging pants charge?).

police were called to his altercation with lil wayne in february.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Wood;4624223 said:

No, he was never involved with the Police. That was a false report. It was broken up almost immediately by his entourage.

The initial report by Ben Rogers of ESPN Radio in Dallas indicated that Bryant, 23, was detained following a physical altercation in a Miami night club with no further details.

According to Blacksportsonline.com, the altercation took place when a heckler took aim at Bryant over his unpaid debts and lack of on-field success.

"Bryant who we were told had a few drinks in his system attempted to let it go, but eventually had enough and the altercation ensued," according to the report. "Wasn’t anything too serious as security and Bryant’s entourage quickly broke it up."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bryant-not-arrested-after-nightclub-altercation.html

No police.

“We are aware of media inquiries only and have heard of no documented reports from authorities,”

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2012/01/specifics-regarding-dez-bryant.html/

Califan007

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4624206 said:
Dez could have went over there and started an argument and picked a verbal fight.

That doesn't mean he assaulted his mom or did anything criminal, much less cold cocked her in the face while she was knitting him a sweater vest and drinking a homemade lemonade. You're still allowed in America to visit family members and disagree with them.
I never said it did! http://i4.***BLOCKED***/albums/y103/extremeskins/ols.gif...Jeebus.

It's really simple: I think the very few things anyone can say they "know" about this case is that:

- An incident of some sort took place
- Dez' mom ended up with some bruises and swelling
- Dez is apparently "remorseful" for his role in everything

The first two were from another poster here.

My comment doesn't reach--or even point to--any conclusions of what happened.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Wood;4624223 said:

And they concluded he had nothing to do with the altercation. How does that count as anything?

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Wood

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624224 said:
No, he was never involved with the Police. That was a false report. It was broken up almost immediately by his entourage.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bryant-not-arrested-after-nightclub-altercation.html

No police.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2012/01/specifics-regarding-dez-bryant.html/

David Smiley, the Herald's Miami Beach reporter, Tweets that a MBPD source tells him that Lil' Wayne and his entourage were the "famous rapper" involved in the Bryant fight. (Miami New Times)

Califan007

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4624208 said:
Yeah, cuz that never happens. "TO has 42 million reasons to live." Remember that?
1) I never said it "never happens" lol..geesh, you people. I said "more times than not"...there IS a difference between the two, you know.

2) I wonder if the person who said that about T.O. was a "longtime" advisor...and if so, I wonder if they still are lol ;)

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
How many of you would put up with a knucklehead like Dez at work?

Bottom line is that Dez hit a woman, and that woman is his mother. A man never hits a woman, for no reason, ever.

Quit blaming imaturarity or upbrining as his excuse. In the real world, this immaturity brings jail time, or even death. He has to grow up and be a man. If he wants to call himself a man, he has to act like one first. He is not the first one in this world with a rough upbringing, Jason Witten's was probably much worse, and he matured pretty nicely. Dez is just an idiot, and is used to being enabled.

I don't think this episode will bring him a suspension from the NFL. The Cowboys would be wise to give him a team imposed one. For all we know, the mother may be passed on a couple of bucks and she may drop the charges and all will be forgotten until the next episode. How long before that one comes along?

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Wood;4624229 said:
David Smiley, the Herald's Miami Beach reporter, Tweets that a MBPD source tells him that Lil' Wayne and his entourage were the "famous rapper" involved in the Bryant fight. (Miami New Times)

What about Lil' Wayne?

Is he the police now?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Califan007;4624225 said:
I never said it did! http://i4.***BLOCKED***/albums/y103/extremeskins/ols.gif...Jeebus.

It's really simple: I think the very few things anyone can say they "know" about this case is that:

- An incident of some sort took place
- Dez' mom ended up with some bruises and swelling
- Dez is apparently "remorseful" for his role in everything

The first two were from another poster here.

My comment doesn't reach--or even point to--any conclusions of what happened.

Come on folks. His people are already playing the "remorseful" angle. You don't go that route if you feel you did nothing wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...z-bryant-remorseful-over-incident-with-mother

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4624231 said:
Bottom line is that Dez hit a woman, and that woman is his mother. A man never hits a woman, for no reason, ever.

No he didn't.

Califan007

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624210 said:
Dez Bryant is the Devil. Everything he does is out of pure evil.
I thought is mom was the devil...you know, running around the house nekkid with blow all over her nostrils, waving a carving knife at puppies and kittens...and Dez merely said "Mother, won't you please calm yourself...have some tea."

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4623555 said:
reported by people who talked to his mom. there seems to be a general consensus that his mother isn't exactly someone to trust. no one is saying touching his mother was the right thing to do. what people are doing is trying to understand the situation and what caused Dez to lay his hands on his mother. there are certain situations that warrant putting your hands on someone.

you guys cant be real.

I mean come on, if your mom pisses you off, you simply leave. He beat on his very own mother for god sakes. I seriously doubt Dez needed to rough her up in "self defense".

Dez is a tool. He's half a ****** and needs to go the way of Antonio Bryant.

jwitten82

Reaction score
CaptainMorgan;4624238 said:
you guys cant be real.

I mean come on, if your mom pisses you off, you simply leave. He beat on his very own mother for god sakes. I seriously doubt Dez needed to rough her up in "self defense".

The only witness there said Dez never hit his mom.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
you guys cant be real.

No he didn't. He was in a argument with his brother and she got in the middle. He pushed her away.

Even his brother, the only witness to speak said he did not hit her.

deon hatton ‏@DeonHatton
For who Eva listen to tha media my brother didnt hit our mother @DezBryant

a_minimalist

Reaction score
you guys cant be real.

No actually he didn't beat on his mother. Take a look in the mirror before you go around calling people a tool and half a ******. You're sounding a lot like your own insults.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4624236 said:
Really? the police report says he did.

Thank you for pointing that out.

People who make the argument that he didn't hit her -- tell me this. Is it OK to push your mama? Or in any way physically intimidate her? You all know the answer but are too tied up in trying to be "right" that you won't admit it.

People on this board take semantic arguments to the point of stupidity over and over.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624240 said:
No he didn't. He was in a argument with his brother and she got in the middle. He pushed her away.

Even his brother, the only witness to speak said he did not hit her.

Well, for some reason I believe that the Police Department did some investigating and took statements from witnesses before issueing a warrant. That's usually the way it happens. Plus they noted the marks on the mother's arms and wrist.

Like I said, the charges will likely be dropped.

You don't argue with momma!