RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

superonyx

Reaction score
The trio of red, rod, and linehan should have been canned right after the GB playoff loss if SJ/JJ are serious about a new direction. They should have been grooming Witten’s replacement last year like the chargers did with gates. Dez just let his passion get the best of him and it cost him his job. He shouldn’t be made as any scapegoat and now Dak will have no excuse this year imo. They got rid of a guy he clearly had no connection with and now the proof will be in the pudding this season if he is elite or just another backup who had a good year.
Don't blame Dak. He will end up being another victim of these pathetic coaches.
I couldnt blame Goff and Gurley under Fisher and I can't blame Dez and Dak under Linehan/JG.
When everyone knows your plays they tend to not work too well.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Anyone care to offer an apology to that janitor?

What an incredible insider!

Dallas Cowboys Janitorial Services. Anyone have the ph#?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dez is already chirping. God he might be my least favorite playe of the last 20 years. Good riddance. I hope he joins a rival. Let him go to the Commanders. He can go 4-40 there and pout. We know one thing - he will be easy to cover.

Sydla

Reaction score
So Mosher is saying Dak had a hand in this?

Isn't Mosher kind of a tool?

superonyx

Reaction score
Anyone care to offer an apology to that janitor?

What an incredible insider!

Dallas Cowboys Janitorial Services. Anyone have the ph#?
Stop being so insecure Bleu.
You got what you wanted. The overwhelming majority of fans thing we are worse off now than yesterday.

We will apologize when this makes us a better team....Don't hold your breath.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Every time you bring up DeMarcus Ware, also remember DeMarco Murray. Ware was the exception, not the rule.

I'm on board with this decision. Dez's production was declining and he wasn't performing to his contract. I personally would have preferred that his agent pursue a trade, or that we swapped him on draft day (even if it was for a late round pick).

But the truth is that we're better served having someone else in that position - that position being a true #1 wide receiver. I think we can all agree that he wasn't a #1 anymore.

superonyx

Reaction score
Best news I've heard in several years.
Whats that like?
How does it feel to be a fan of a team and hate a top player on the team?
I'm curious....does it make it harder to enjoy the games?
Seems like it would suck.

I save my hatred for guys who play for the opponents...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't think will change our plan at 19. FO has already known this for months.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Good move!! It is time for a change.
I have to agree, I answered another post saying he would NOT be cut, but like most in the back of my mind knew they would throw someone under the bus, and Dez was the most likely candidate. It's a hard pill to swallow, but we all agree this team HAS to do something to shake up the rest of these guys.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Yea...Lets let JG and Linehan have a person to blame for their failings.
That sounds like the right direction to me..
Next year it will be Dak.
Next year will be more likely JG and company if they don't win this year.

I know no one wants to believe this, but Hurns will be at least as productive as Dez has been over the last two years. I happen to think he will be more productive, if he stays healthy.

We have heard rumblings that Linehan will have a much greater say in the offense.

I think JG is clearly on the hot seat this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think will change our plan at 19. FO has already known this for months.

If the plan is take a WR at 19, then the front office has used the last few months to craft a really dumb draft plan.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I hope no one really thinks this changes our draft strategy at all. The smoke has been there for weeks. We are looking at getting a top flight WR at 19.

Then devoting the rest on D.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Stop being so insecure Bleu.
You got what you wanted. The overwhelming majority of fans thing we are worse off now than yesterday.

We will apologize when this makes us a better team....Don't hold your breath.
The majority of fans know little about football in general or how to run an NFL franchise.