RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dez release is no surprise. We all know he hasn’t produced at his pay level in 3 years, so this move was pretty much inevitable.

The surprise and sadness of some fans is a normal reaction as a fan. You get attached to players and also tend to overrate what they can do for you. The FO is doing right thing here.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The majority of fans know little about football in general or how to run an NFL franchise.
This....

Not that I claim to know any better but...

This was pretty obvious for anyone not filled with emotion over it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BOOOO!!
JJ can kiss it

Is it just me or no one else notice Jerry's official statement makes no mention of $$$$. Only reason given.....we decided to go
a new direction. It was never about pay cut........

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Anybody else heard the rumor of dez wanting to join an NFCE team? Supposedly when he was leaving he said " i'll see you guys twice this year".

superonyx

Reaction score
The majority of fans know little about football in general or how to run an NFL franchise.
Apparently its not just the majority of fans that dont know how to run an NFL franchise.
Where are all these SB since Jimmy ran his fat little butt out of town?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggest failure on this deal wasn't dez, it was the FO for not tagging him a second time and for giving him that stupid contract
That is what SJones wanted to do but JJones panicked and gave in to his demands.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You know itll be a massive mistake to take Ridley if a talented Defensive player slips to our pick.
I will tell you this my friend... If DaRon Payne and Ridley are both there at 19, I would have a hard time not taking Payne and then fighting like crazy to get my 2nd WR choice in the 2nd round... just saying.

Perhaps get Payne at 19 and then package something to move up and get a WR.

It could happen.

John813

Reaction score
That is what SJones wanted to do but JJones panicked and gave in to his demands.

Didn't want any distractions going into 2015. And then it all fell apart in the first two weeks.

@Bleu Star , what do you see in Payne to make him worth 19 overall?

Like the player, but at 19... Not sure on that.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Man..... I almost photoshopped Dez's face on that classic picture of Quincy Carter in sweats....LOL

But I'm going to chill.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Honestly, I want it to be GB. Cant wait to see what the dez detractors on this board have to say when he catches the pass to end our playoff run or kick us out of the playoffs.

Since GB has proven to be perfectly capable of repeatedly beating us while we had Dez, having him *also* catch a pass to beat us won't mean much.

Sydla

Reaction score
I hope no one really thinks this changes our draft strategy at all. The smoke has been there for weeks. We are looking at getting a top flight WR at 19.

Then devoting the rest on D.

If that's their plan, they are dumb.

As noted in the post right above yours, 13 WRs have been drafted in the first round in the last 3 years. 1 has made a Pro Bowl. And he was a Top 10 pick.

And this isn't even a strong WR draft in terms of upper echelon WRs.