RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

erod

Reaction score
The more you sit back and ponder this, it sounds like the kind of decision that good franchises make.

In the past, we coddled and carried these types of players well beyond what we should have.

Still would have liked a 4th round pick or something though.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The man-baby is tweeting away. Gosh he is such a joke. No class.

Darkhound

Reaction score
At this point... IMO.. while we have the PATHETIC CLOWN wannabe of a coach and this NOW CLEARLY PROVEN uncappable Front office, nothings will ever change. I will no longer get mad, excited or upset. It is safe to say that for the last 20 years Americas Team is the perfect example of a MEDIOCRE SPORTS FRANCHISE

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The more you sit back and ponder this, it sounds like the kind of decision that good franchises make.

In the past, we coddled and carried these types of players well beyond what we should have.

Still would have liked a 4th round pick or something though.

You mean like when we cut Ware and found out we had no pass-rush while he went on to win a Championship?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Dez is not a WR1 with a QB that cannot place throws downfield consistently. He needs to play with Stafford, Ryan, Brady, Brees, or similar QB that can make those throws. Then he can be a WR1 again.
The best example of a true WR1 in this league is DeAndre Hopkins. No top WR has had to play consistently with crap QBs the way he has and still produced at an elite level. Sometimes, the WR needs to elevate the QB.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
You mean like when we cut Ware and found out we had no pass-rush while he went on to win a Championship?

I'm the wrong person to discuss Ware with. I think he's about the most overrated Cowboy of all time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The best example of a true WR1 in this league is DeAndre Hopkins. No top WR has had to play consistently with crap QBs the way he has and still produced at an elite level. Sometimes, the QB needs to elevate the QB.

I liked what I saw from their rookie QB last year.

erod

Reaction score
Not sure why a few are mentioning Philly. He’s not really a fit with what they already have.

They didn't need Demarco Murray either after signing Ryan Matthews to big money. (Of course, that was Chip Kelly.)

The Eagles love to stick it to Dallas anyway they can. Doesn't have to make sense.

I hope they do because he's not a good fit with Wentz either.

The team that should go get him is Green Bay. Rodgers would dominate with Dez.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Ware had been injured for 3 years running and left to go to a 3-4 team more suited for his size.

That doesn't justify a $12m salary for 700 yards and 6 TD. Nor is it magically going to make Dak consistently place balls downfield.

mugsybows

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys: or how i learned to stop worrying and come to love the bomb.

FineFan

Reaction score
I was wrong. I thought Dez would be on the team at least this season. Not gonna happen.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
A very good player for the Cowboys, I respect what he did here. However, some of the sideline bs (and spare me the Irvin comparisons, that guy backed it up), the air of unreliability, and the fact that we are still talking about running and learning better routes as we approach age 30, leave me rather nonplussed with this move.

Are the Cowboys better? on paper, not a chance. But, I'm willing to see how it shakes up here at WR. they've added a few supplemental pieces. Look, an almost 30 year old receiver with injures to the foot and knee over the last 3 seasons is definitely someone trending the wrong direction. The biggest question for the Cowboys, outside of the Jones boys woeful FO performance, is young Rayne Dakota at QB.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Hey, I just hope they can make the same tough choice if our QB continues on this Downward trend.
Well I agree with that, just think there are alot of factors that went into last year so I won't out it all in Dak yet

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Don't tell me the Cowboys aren't big news.
This is running on the major sports channels non stop, like the president got shot.

As an aside, it sounds like all the insider information about Dez not running sound routes and being too hard to handle are True, just like they were about T.O.

So much for insiders making up information.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He'll go to Denver....

Watch them draft Saquon Barkley RB Penn St. and sign Dez...and they will roll.:muttley:

They have DeMaryius Thomas, who is basically a similar player to Dez. Why would they want two of them?