RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

nobody

Reaction score
With Bryant here or gone, I have ZERO faith in Linehan (and Garrett) to get it done offensively. They keep making the same mistakes over and over again in games and refuse to make in-game adjustments, blaming it all on execution.

I understand the decision to cut Dez. If Dez refused to take a pay cut, it makes sense. If Dez was agreeable to a pay cut, it's a bit of a head scratcher other than certain coaches getting butt-hurt that some players were rightfully questioning some coaching decisions.

Mark my words, we're probably going to see a lot more of the same failure just with new faces...and not go far in the playoffs if we make it at all. Why? Coaching coaching coaching.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
The more you sit back and ponder this, it sounds like the kind of decision that good franchises make.

In the past, we coddled and carried these types of players well beyond what we should have.

Still would have liked a 4th round pick or something though.
Yep. I'm a HUGE fan of Dez and wanted to both sides try to find a way to keep him. But he hasn't been anything but good since 2014. It sucks as a fan, but I get it.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Its funny reading some of these comments. I like the Dez has no produced since 2014. Im guessing they disliked Romo as well . Because that was the last real season of Romo . 2015 after an amazing 14 season hurt.... Crap Qbs to replace him . 2016 injured and in come Dak and Zeke . Run first O success hid a lot of glaring problems with Coaches and Dak . 2017 well we all watched that and formed own opinions. I think Dez headed to the Commanders who need a WR and now have Alex Smith he can get him the ball . IF not the Giants and put him opposite OBJ on a one year deal paid mostly by Cowboys . There is no way the Eagles would sign him even if they had they space with his antics. Only 29 still has more in the tank and even showed this offseason he was willing to put in extra effort ... well at least talked the game about working on routes. still taking a 8 mil hit which aint too bad ... will suck if you have to see him 2 x a year . Dez is petty enough to do that

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dez, us fans and the Cowboys are ready to move on and thanks for everything!

mcmvp

Reaction score
They didn't need Demarco Murray either after signing Ryan Matthews to big money. (Of course, that was Chip Kelly.)

The Eagles love to stick it to Dallas anyway they can. Doesn't have to make sense.

I hope they do because he's not a good fit with Wentz either.

The team that should go get him is Green Bay. Rodgers would dominate with Dez.

I don’t think you can compare their current front office to when Chip Kelly ran things. Dez wouldn’t be a fit with Jeffery, Agholor, and Wallace already there.

There are always surprises though...I just don’t see it happening. Wash or NY are more likely.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The #Cowboys have released WR Dez Bryant, source said. It’s done.

GOOD JOB, JEFFY!

I will be interested to see, how Dez, in another organism:

1. Will conduct himself on the sidelines
2. How well will he adapt to another scheme
3. How well he will take coaching/lessons on routes
4. How he will be trained to grasp the ball
5. How well (or not) the new coaches will take to Dez
6. How much cash he can command in pay
7. If his new contract will be heavily weighed with incentives (They'd be crazy to not demand incentives)
8. How he will pick his team (warm like Miami or L.A.? Cold but media heavy .N.Y. Or N.E.? (Not that Bellycheck would put up with Dez)
9. How his play will improve or slide and
10. Has he played any Bob Dylan CDs ...NAW!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Personally I think Dez was ranting too much on the sidelines at everyone and that is what did him in.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Not taking sides but legit asking. NE always seems to do it right and releases a player a year too early instead of a year too late. Will this turn out to be that kind of release or not?

Mannix

Reaction score
--------We should cut Witten while we're at it. Makes a lot of money and is a below average player

Yup

Them

Reaction score
...I Thought Dez would play in Dallas this season...released on Friday the 13th...boo!:star:

Harpospoke

Reaction score
The clock is ticking on any player who gets one of those absurd 10m+ contracts in a league with a 53 man roster and a salary cap. The day comes when they have to get rid of you unless you are Tom Brady or something.

Especially for a WR. There is no way that position is worth that much of your cap. They have been overvalued in the era of Fantasy Football and some teams have fallen for it, over paid, and had to deal with the consequences.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Welp, at least it's over now. That's about all the positives I can say about that. And just who in this draft do they think will replace him? And I still don't want a WR at 19.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Dez will show this incompetent bunch of ***clowns that it ain't him this coming season.

LittleD

Reaction score
If this is indeed the case. They HAVE to sign. Navarro Bowman. Since LB won’t be drafted in the first.

Then still take another Lb on day 2.

Won't do it...at least right now. He wants too much money and has a bad injury history. They also want to keep that comp
pick they have.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The FO thinks Dez is washed up and their not scared of where Dez plays. If they were going to trade him it should have been done long ago when Dez's trade value was high.

Whether they are scared of him or not, they could have got something for him. We take the cap hit no matter what, but a team that traded for him could take that 12.5m salary and convert it into a SB and make his cap hits very reasonable. Ridiculous move by Dallas to just cut him.