RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

TWOK11

Reaction score
I laugh at the panic from all the "fans".

People are pissed we made an awesome move and got better today.

It's like Alexander sneezed on everyone.

We cut an underachieving player, but it remains to be seen if we will be better. For all his faults, Dez was the fourth most commonly doubled receiver in the league. He occupied multiple defenders.

You think we were running into loaded boxes before?

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Surgically r
We cut an underachieving player, but it remains to be seen if we will be better. For all his faults, Dez was the fourth most commonly doubled receiver in the league. He occupied multiple defenders.

Someone is going to have to get creative. Not this coaching staff’s strong suit. But they asked for it, so it is on theme now.
Boise State likes their “trick plays”. Maybe this is why Linehan pushed so hard for Moore:cool:

BlindFaith

Reaction score

Where did you get that stat from?

erod

Reaction score
The Fan reporting that a lot of players were ready for Dez to leave, including Dak.

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score

Oh no the loaded box myth again? I heard teams would load the box against Zeke and that didn't really happen much. Then once Zeke went out fans said teams would load the box to stop Morris and he ended up averaging more yards per carry than Zeke. Now that Zeke's back you really think teams are just going to load the box? That basically means one missed tackle will lead to very long gains like against the Steelers two years ago.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Why would he say he'll see the cowboys twice next year. That would limit the number of teams that he wants to play for meaning that he's more motivated to get revenge than dollars.

He can spout off about anything he wants right now. He's not playing for peanuts for revenge. If he jumps in to a cheap contract for revenge he's an idiot. Not gonna happen...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The writing was on the wall. The money saved made it a no brainer with this team’s cap situation. Good luck dez.

But Dez was already fitting under the cap and they didn't need money for rookies until after the summer.

There was no need to release Dez for cap reasons, he and everybody else was fitting under the cap. So why do they need an extra cash for. This is what they were saying on the podcast on the Cowboy's website.

Even if you use the money to extend Zach, his cap number would go down. So again, they didn't need to release Dez for cap reasons. They said on the roundtable that this move only makes sense if you were freeing the money to go get E.T.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Shout out to everyone who said this wouldnt happen...

Business is business and if you ain’t producing why act surprised when you get axed

Funny how that applies to the players but not the coaches.;)

When is Garrett going to "start producing" or get the axe? Only been 8 yrs.:angry:

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Jerry Jones will Jerry Jones.

He does what he do.

Cowboys are a dead franchise. Until someone comes in like Lacob did with the Golden State Warriors, this team is to the NFL what Las Vegas is to tourism.

cern

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The #Cowboys have released WR Dez Bryant, source said. It’s done.
some things just have an air of obviousness to them. this was one. his record the last 3 years etched in stone. a jag player. you simply cannot allow a player of such low production to count 16.5 million against the cap on a cap strapped team. addition by subtraction. don't know why it was so hard to understand.

Big_D

Reaction score
Dez has already said his 1st choice is trying to land with an NFCE team.

Going to Washington or the Giants would be a poor decision on his part. I know he wants revenge, but he'd get more payback on a real contender when the Cowboys are sitting home in January and Dez is deep in the playoffs. NO, GB, NE, MIN etc. My guess is he ends up outside the NFCE

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I get it, but perhaps the QB, and as a result, the rest of the offense will be better served by not having him in his ear non-stop.

Clearly, there were issues.

I mean, doesn't the fact that they didn't even ask him to take a pay cut indicate that the team was tired of his act?

Oh, no doubt. I just hope that they don't force themselves into taking a WR higher than we need to do so. This draft is loaded with talented WRs, and I happen to be of the opinion that the better WR options might be available later in the draft. I think WRs like Lazard and Wilson could be good replacements for Dez, and they would be later picks. Therefore, I would rather stay pat with defense early, and worry about WR later in the draft with some of the draft sleepers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
More likely this was to clear space to extend Martin.

They didn't need the space to extend Martin because an extension for Martin would actually lower his cap charge this year. That is why they were saying on the Cowboy's podcast that this is a stupid move if they don't use the money to go get somebody else to improve the roster.

Virtually everybody on the roundtable agreed the team was worse if they didn't go do something with the money they saved. I think it was Eatman that said, "if this is just to save money, why?"

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Going to Washington or the Giants would be a poor decision on his part. I know he wants revenge, but he'd get more payback on a real contender when the Cowboys are sitting home in January and Dez is deep in the playoffs. NO, GB, NE, MIN etc. My guess is he ends up outside the NFCE

This is going to sound crazy, but I'll explain my point once I say this. I think that he would actually fit well in Denver. Let me explain. Emmanuel Sanders is starting to become unreliable for them. Dez and DT would compliment each other very well (though, Dez wouldn't get to wear 88 lol). On top of that, ES, Dez, and DT would make one powerful combination in Denver. Plus, Case Keenum would have a nice trio to choose from in terms of receiving options. Therefore, it may be unlikely, but I could see Dez actually ending up in Denver. They're kind of my dark horse (pun intended) for what will become the Dez sweepstakes.

plymkr

Reaction score
So many people were convinced this would never happen. They were wrong.

I have to say, this was dumb, this was a very tradeable contract. Look for him to show up in a Commanders or Eagles contract.
Yeah I'm still struggling with the fact we didn't trade him. Did we even try to trade him? Makes me mad.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Best of luck to you Dez....................I totally disagree with your release.

I know you are upset right now, but look on the bright side. You were never going to win jack staying here playing for Clappy, so now you have a chance to go sign with the Pats and get a ring, that would be the best revenge you can get against this organization.