Dez Bryant takes the team out for $54,000

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3592371 said:
Does anyone know how these rookie hazing things work? I mean, they wouldn't do this to Dez a second time, would they?:eek::

He already bought them all Jordan shoes. This dinner price is mind blowing.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SDCowboy85;3592401 said:
He already bought them all Jordan shoes. This dinner price is mind blowing.
I'm going with the theory that he blew $50k on a single bottle of a little something, something.

And that the food bill was a little more reasonable.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
newlander;3592078 said:
That is CLASSIC!!!!!!!!! Should've just carried the pads....lesson learned young man. Don't fight upstream in life like an idiotic salmon. Sometimes just easier and cheaper to go with the flow....wow.

:lmao2:

Reaction score
We'll im not "poor" Thankfully for many reasons, nor " well off "

But still , Thats a nice amount of his contract.. Or for the majority of the United States .

Id be mad and pay like 20,000 If i was i him and say no way.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For comparison purposes, thats like if you make 50K a year and drop $270 on a meal.

Thats a huge freaking bill!!!!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
zekecee;3591800 said:
Bryant has a five-year, $11.8 million contract that includes $8.5 million in guarantees.
Not to be in my man's wallet or anything, but I think he's good for it!

Exactly. He doesn't care about that. It was a god gesture and it's over with the equivalence to the removal of $50 from our pockets. No big deal to Dez.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
It's pretty clear some of you dont go out much.

500 for dinner is not a lot of money when you are doing it up. Especially for someone that makes 100k per.

I think some of you do not realize how much a million dollars is.

He paid 54k on a bill, they were doing it up, gratuity surely was included because football players are notoriously bad tippers.

I have a friend that says she can not imagine spending 200k or so on a car. I said to her, you have a 50k car in the driveway, you only make a little over 100k per year. This guy makes ten times what you make, so 200k is nothing in that perspective.

ologan

Reaction score
Tony Romo would be smart to fork over half to Dez AND Roy....May pay big dividends a little later on down the line,and he can certainly afford it.

laythewood28

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3592583 said:
It's pretty clear some of you dont go out much.

500 for dinner is not a lot of money when you are doing it up. Especially for someone that makes 100k per.

I think some of you do not realize how much a million dollars is.

He paid 54k on a bill, they were doing it up, gratuity surely was included because football players are notoriously bad tippers.

I have a friend that says she can not imagine spending 200k or so on a car. I said to her, you have a 50k car in the driveway, you only make a little over 100k per year. This guy makes ten times what you make, so 200k is nothing in that perspective.

You are right about that. I know first hand that at Emmit is a cheap mofo. Irvin tips well.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dmq;3591789 said:
Dez Bryant takes the team out for $54,000

September, 28, 2010 Sep 281:42PM CTEmail Print Comments By Calvin Watkins

At some point you knew Roy E. Williams was going to get Dez Bryant.

In training camp, Bryant refused to carry Williams' shoulder pads, saying he didn't know anything about the tradition of rookies carrying a veteran player's shoulder pads.

Williams excused it saying just take the team out and get him some Nikes.

Monday night at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, Bryant took the offensive players out, then Williams invited the defensive players and when the night was over the bill came: $54,896.

"They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser David Wells. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

Players ordered basically everything on the menu and even took home bottles of wine.

After checking out the winebook, which is 90 pages, we wonder if anyone purchased the Chateau Latour for $9,000.

Then we figured a few players got that Plumpjack Reserve for $600.

No word from Bryant or Williams about their thoughts on how the evening went.

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5626300

This is illegal. (unless it's changed since I moved away and that is VERY unlikely) You cannot take alcoholic beverages off premises. Restaurants and clubs aren't licensed for such activities.

laythewood28

Reaction score
nyc;3592615 said:
This is illegal. (unless it's changed since I moved away and that is VERY unlikely) You cannot take alcoholic beverages off premises. Restaurants and clubs aren't licensed for such activities.

$55,000 says its ok.