News: Dez Bryant to undergo MRI after suffering knee injury

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the team, not 1 dumb player.

Jerry and the Cowboys bent over backwards to help him in the early years because of all of his personal problems. They even redid his contract around year two to advance him money because he was in trouble with creditors.

He "repaid" them by making the new contract negotations a huge ordeal and threatening to hold out even though they were offering him 13+ million per.

What makes Dez dumb? The guy attempted to get paid and negotiated a raise. That's smart if you ask me.

superonyx

Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense is that they saw some extent of damage on the MRI and they won't announce anything until they get a second opinion and determine if he can play through it without additional damage.

100% speculation based on them pretending they didn't have the results.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense is that they saw some extent of damage on the MRI and they won't announce anything until they get a second opinion and determine if he can play through it without additional damage.

100% speculation based on them pretending they didn't have the results.

Yep. If it showed no damage, they would come out right away with that news.

plasticman

Reaction score
I have been a Dez critic but I can understand his lack of production over the past year. You develop a rhythm with your quarterback, and Dez has very little cohesion with our rookie as he also did with both Cassel and Weeden. I mean, Dak is his fifth starting QB in a year.

However, Dez contributes simply in the potential that must be respected by his opponents. He helps others to become open and he is a great downfield blocker.

the Dak and Dez Show will be full force soon.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The injury looked identical to Russell Wilson's, so it's not surprising that it is a similar injury at this point. It is interesting that they haven't come out with a definitive diagnosis and time frame.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What makes Dez dumb? The guy attempted to get paid and negotiated a raise. That's smart if you ask me.
Have you not followed all of the dumb stuff he does? Gets a monkey, then gives it away. Buys stuff and can't pay the bills. Can't learn the offense for the first several years (Remember Patrick Peterson laughing about him being limited to two routes). Being combative with DBs like Revis and Norman then getting punked by them in the game.

If you live locally you would hear many more stories of his antics.

If he played for another team you would see that he's the dumbest NFL player since Dexter Manley.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are kidding yourself if you think 10 teams wouldn't have crawled over each other to give Dez that same contract

You can dislike him but you can't just make things up.....Dez is a top WR, period
Greg Hardy is a top 5 talent at DE. Nobody will hire him. Teams don't like to pay dumb players.

Other teams see Dez as a hothead that could pull a Hardy move off-field at any time. He probably already has but Jerry paid people off to cover it up.

Carson

Reaction score
Greg Hardy is a top 5 talent at DE. Nobody will hire him. Teams don't like to pay dumb players.

Other teams see Dez as a hothead that could pull a Hardy move off-field at any time. He probably already has but Jerry paid people off to cover it up.

That Walmart video really killed his career didn't it!

yimyammer

Reaction score
jeri just said no MRI on Dez so far, there might be one later today but was evasive about his knee and whether future play is in doubt

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That Walmart video really killed his career didn't it!
Good thing he had Jerry to resolve that problem for him.

If he played for the Panthers and Jerry Richardson his career might indeed be over.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Have you not followed all of the dumb stuff he does? Gets a monkey, then gives it away. Buys stuff and can't pay the bills. Can't learn the offense for the first several years (Remember Patrick Peterson laughing about him being limited to two routes). Being combative with DBs like Revis and Norman then getting punked by them in the game.

If you live locally you would hear many more stories of his antics.

If he played for another team you would see that he's the dumbest NFL player since Dexter Manley.

Those aren't "antics" to me or warrants to call him done.

Gettting a monkey doesn't make you dumb.

superonyx

Reaction score
Good thing he had Jerry to resolve that problem for him.

If he played for the Panthers and Jerry Richardson his career might indeed be over.
If Jerry could solve problems for players I don't think we would have so many players suspended for drug violations.

But don't let reality get in the way of your agenda and disdain for a star player on your favorite team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry could solve problems for players I don't think we would have so many players suspended for drug violations.

But don't let reality get in the way of your agenda and disdain for a star player on your favorite team.
He can't pay off the NFL. Only Mara can do that.