Twitter: Dez Bryant tweet on Garrett

erod

Reaction score
Your crazy
No, I know football.

Dez was purely a creation of Romo. He's slow, stupid, and uncommitted. But Romo knew how to use him and channel his childish emotions.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Are you kidding me I wish this team had somebody on it that was fiery amd had heart. Who would NOT have been on the sidelines on 3 and 8 and 4th and 8 with the game on the line. Get out of here with that. Dez was REAL

Amari is the anti Dez, great route runner, quiet, just does his job. How'd that work out for us yesterday, Dez would've never tapped out on the biggest play of the season. Amari is the opposite of a "dog". Michael Thomas runs great route too but is a straight "dog" that's what makes him special. You have to have passion to be great at this game and especially at that position.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
They wasted their own talents in most of the cases. It’s up to the player to execute. There is enough talent there to overcome bad coaching.

you don’t tap out of a game like that or throw the ball like that.

Loso86

Reaction score
No, I know football.

Dez was purely a creation of Romo. He's slow, stupid, and uncommitted. But Romo knew how to use him and channel his childish emotions.
You get off calling guys stupid. Slow not really. I believe he had enough highlights running away from the defense... I mean if you wanna say he was coached up. Why was his emotions childish but witten and brady can do it curse out coaching staff and they be considered motivators and leaders..really... and yes he had limitations to his game but he also had a quarterback who knew how to use his weapons PROPERLY. That's why you have different type of wrs not all can do it all good smh

erod

Reaction score
You get off calling guys stupid. Slow not really. I believe he had enough highlights running away from the defense... I mean if you wanna say he was coached up. Why was his emotions childish but witten and brady can do it curse out coaching staff and they be considered motivators and leaders..really... and yes he had limitations to his game but he also had a quarterback who knew how to use his weapons PROPERLY. That's why you have different type of wrs not all can do it all good smh
They had to assign someone to go to his house to wake him up . He was late almost every day. He played hard, but he'd get himself so caught up in trash talking, he'd be exhausted and dehydrated by the third quarter.

He's a child. That's why teams ignored him when he came free.

Loso86

Reaction score
Amari is the anti Dez, great route runner, quiet, just does his job. How'd that work out for us yesterday, Dez would've never tapped out on the biggest play of the season. Amari is the opposite of a "dog". Michael Thomas runs great route too but is a straight "dog" that's what makes him special. You have to have passion to be great at this game and especially at that position.
I completely agree. But if Amari didnt have his great route running he wouldnt be that good. So I agree 100
They had to assign someone to go to his house to wake him up . He was late almost every day. He played hard, but he'd get himself so caught up in trash talking, he'd be exhausted and dehydrated by the third quarter.

He's a child. That's why teams ignored him when he came free.
Lol yea ok. Are you going off of facts or assuming or going off of he say she say?

Coy

Reaction score
A good example of what we went through happened just this year. Look at this season, you didn't see New Orleans benching Drew Brees for Teddy Bridgewater, just because Bridgewater got hot.

Can you imagine, New Orleans, a team playing for super bowls, going... well we're going to bench Drew Brees because the team is really getting behind Teddy. "He's the hot hand right now".

The Saints do the correct thing, and Drew Brees comes back, and a team that was already good.. becomes elite.

in 2016, Dallas had the same opportunity. We could have become elite by reinserting Romo into the offense. Dak had a great year that year, but it is fact that he was not running a full offense.

What could we have done, if we had the full playbook at our disposal?

And that's the problem with the JG era, too many what if's.. or shoulda.. or situations where the chemistry isn't right, etc... We've squandered 2 title runs, and countless careers, and that really is the heart of Dez's message. Garrett is a good guy, and a high intelligence mind prob, but he's had his 10 years. It's time to try something else.

This deserves 1000 likes

MikeB80

Reaction score
No, I know football.

Same guy who just said Dallas will obliterate the eagles now claims he knows football.

coult44

Reaction score
Bwahahahahaha...and Dez is still bitter. Dude had passion but was never 100% dedicated, funny how quick people forget certain things once a player is gone. It’s almost as if the SEVERAL “Trade Dez” and “Cut Dez” threads never existed. He suddenly becomes a martyr because he talks trash about JG.

Ya know what Dez? I remember you laughing after dropping passes, I remember the majority of people here bashing you for never working on your route running and only relying on your physical talent, I remember how hardly any other teams came calling for you when you were cut and how you turned down the only contract you were offered at the time (Ravens IIRC). I remember how happy the fans were to see you gone and talked about what an improvement Cooper was over you.

Now you want to run your mouth? Speaking of Cooper, his career spans more than just being coached by Garrett. I don’t recall Garrett being the coach when he led the league in dropped passes. I don’t recall Garrett being his coach when he admitted himself he questioned his desire to play the game. I do recall Cooper playing better at home than on the road for some odd reason. I do recall Cooper being covered like an ant in a blizzard. I do recall Cooper dropping more passes as the season went on and none of that has to do with Garrett.

Keep running your mouth Dez. You’re a legend in your own mind and you only talk on social media to try and stay relevant because you’re nothing more than a has been. See ya Desmond, now go slap ya mamma good night for me.

BTW, I could go on about half of the other players on that list but don’t have energy. Every team and every coach has great players but only one a year wins the Super Bowl.

He’s actually a legend amongst Cowboys WR’s. You might never admit that, but the numbers speak openly..

Redline360

Reaction score
Jones and Garrett let the best opportunities of winning a superbowl go down the drains while wasting Romo's career. You had a legit top 5 quarterback when healthy but failed to build and OL(until it was to late - injuries already took a toll on him) to protect him properly and had some of they worst defenses bar a year or two

You had your elite quarterback but yet you failed to give him help. Don't get me wrong a couple of years we had an awesome team on both sides of the ball

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Chirping from the couch. Bryant was a turd. He got paid and then came undone.

Not sure why he needs to talk.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This is Garrett's legacy. A graveyard of elite players. If Jerry had a soul and felt shame he would drop to his knees and ask forgiveness for the nightmare he's put us and these players thru.

The 2007 Dallas Cowboys had 13 Pro Bowlers an NFL Record and Jason Garrett was hired as the Head Coach of Offense before a Head Coach was hired and he wasted their talents.

Other Pro Bowlers wasted with Garrett and Jerry Jones:
Jay Ratliff
Miles Austin
Marion Barber III
Julius Jones
Demarco Murray
Terrell Owens
Leonard Davis
Andre Gurode
Martellus Bennett
Flozell Adams
Jason Hatcher
Greg Ellis
Anthony Spencer
Terrence Newman
Roy Williams (S)
Ken Hamlin
Nick Folk
Dan Bailey
Matt McBriar

Yes they were all Pro Bowlers from 2007-2019 including the other list.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez post contract in a game we were winning. He whined until he got thrown too and then had a mental breakdown.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny guy, seems his payback is aimed at the wrong man. The guy that trashed him, after he was cut, was McClay. I have never seen that in my life but he did it and I think he had a lot of support from that locker room. Bryant is such a tool he can't stay off social media like some jilted lover.