News: Dez Bryant tweets he wants to rejoin Dallas Cowboys 2018 Season

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
The Cowboys are the only team that will allow his insubordination like it’s all good fun.

Teams aren’t touching him because of what goes on and off the field. Not because he can’t play anymore.

He’s chronically missing / late to meetings.

He’s constantly whining.

His work ethic by all accounts took a dramatic dip after he got that big contract

He’s frequently half assing routes if he thinks he isn’t getting the ball.

Overall just a major distraction that Jerry allows, but 31 other teams would not. DISFUCTIONAL.

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
I think you take him back. For this one reason. He wants to prove everyone wrong.

Not to mention we have no play-makers on the outside.

100% AGREE BRING HIM BACK NOW! Trust me, I've seen every frustrating dropped pass and ego-maniacal rants from Dez, but I am here to say I would 100% take him back in a heartbeat with these important stipulations:

(1) IF he has MATURED in his "down-time".....realizing he needs to do whatever is takes to HELP his team reach the SB, instead of pressing Dak to throw to him every down!
(2) IF he can show some humility and appreciation for being in the NFL on the America's team.
(3) IF he can wear stick-um to avoid the continual drop passes that made me want to jump through the tv
(4) IF he can channel that amazing energy, passion and fire that I LOVED ABOUT him and use it to MOTIVATE, not hinder the team

Like others, I think you would see a CHANGED, HUMBLE, APPRECIATIVE, PASSIONATE man who loves this team and wants a SB ring with us bad enough to. ......he is needed for those 50-50 balls in the red zone.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I don't care if they bring him back or not. Cowboys still need to draft a wr next year.

VABoyz

Reaction score
IF dez wouldnt have been calling people names on the way out then i could see it..just hard to believe they can bring him back after that..not sure how some players AND coaches would feel. might be a problem. they'd need to vote or something

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
100% AGREE BRING HIM BACK NOW! Trust me, I've seen every frustrating dropped pass and ego-maniacal rants from Dez, but I am here to say I would 100% take him back in a heartbeat with these important stipulations:

(1) IF he has MATURED in his "down-time".....realizing he needs to do whatever is takes to HELP his team reach the SB, instead of pressing Dak to throw to him every down!
(2) IF he can show some humility and appreciation for being in the NFL on the America's team.
(3) IF he can wear stick-um to avoid the continual drop passes that made me want to jump through the tv
(4) IF he can channel that amazing energy, passion and fire that I LOVED ABOUT him and use it to MOTIVATE, not hinder the team

Like others, I think you would see a CHANGED, HUMBLE, APPRECIATIVE, PASSIONATE man who loves this team and wants a SB ring with us bad enough to. ......he is needed for those 50-50 balls in the red zone.

Agree. I think there's a heck of a chance he's had a realization that he's been a problem and needs to change his attitude. He would have to agree that he's NOT going to step right on the field, he's going to have to earn playing time. He would have to agree to a 1 year prove it deal with not that many big incentives. Could be his last chance.

I doubt they do it though.
(We like our guys)

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez wasn’t released because he is talentless. He was released for 2 reasons. 1-his production no longer matched his contract and 2- his inabilty to SHutup was becoming a distraction as displayed prominantly in All or Nothing. My heart wants to say give him a shot because I lile the kid personally. If he was on this team he’d clearly be the best wr even if he’s half the player he once was. Unfortunately even if he promised to keep his mouth shut I just don’t see how you could bring him back without causing an even bigger locker room issue than what you had before releasing him.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Watcha think Jerry, think about 10/150M get er done?

That sounds like a stupid enough move for Dysfunction Junction to do.