News: Dez Bryant tweets he wants to rejoin Dallas Cowboys 2018 Season

J12B

Reaction score
I remember the start of last year, the offense was clicking and Dez was playing decent.

Once Zeke was suspended and Tyrone Smith was injured-everything came off the tracks.

I would be fine with him getting a new deal here, incentive based. Deonte Thomoson would become expendable and we would gain a 4th round comp pick in return.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
..yeah...Wow..!! I actually feel bad for him. But in primary perspective he brought this upon himself. Dallas could use him, of course. At the same time could mess up chemistry that is being built.
Facts

funkytown

Reaction score
Sign him up. Throw him that back shoulder fade in the red zone. Maybe mix in a few slants and bubble screens. He could be useful.

We just replace the throws to Hurns, TWill, Thompson and give them to a more athletic, angrier, dynamic player in Dez.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
How much are you Dez lovers talking about "signing him back up" for? Hopefully nowhere near the 14.5 mil y'all though he was going to go for this year.

funkytown

Reaction score
How much are you Dez lovers talking about "signing him back up" for? Hopefully nowhere near the 14.5 mil y'all though he was going to go for this year.

The minimum. I think he would wants to be here that bad.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dez, like Romo, doesn't want to play for another team. Probably also why Witten retired a Cowboy. There may be things they don't like about the organization or players, but they wouldn't want to play anywhere else when their mind is right.

If Dez did come back he'd be on a short leash and probably released after 2 seasons. Any rise in temper from being passionate or frustrated and you can bet Stephen Jones will be the first to say he's released.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The minimum. I think he would wants to be here that bad.
I'd bring him back in for a vet minimum contract with eacalators based upon performance.

He can also be cut if he clowns like he did before he got the last cut...

Win win situation.

But has his ego devolved to accepting a contract of that nature?

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

funkytown

Reaction score
I'd bring him back in for a vet minimum contract with eacalators based upon performance.

He can also be cut if he clowns like he did before he got the last cut...

Win win situation.

But has his ego devolved to accepting a contract of that nature?

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

That's how I see it. A win-win situation.

Bring him in for the minimum and see if his attitude and ego has improved. If not, cut him.

Its a gamble with the odds in your favor big time. You gamble right and you win big. If you're wrong then in all reality you didn't lose much. Not like we have some young stud receivers he would be taking snaps away from. Gallup can still get his too.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I guess his response about taking a paycut has gone from "hell naw" to yessss PLEEZ.

johneric8

Reaction score
Just maybe, Dez is humbled and is looking back realizing he wasn't at all focused the last couple of years and could be potentially better than he was for the last two years? I saw him getting lazy personally and distracted. Maybe a humbled Dez is an amazing one? I think it's worth a try, he loves the cowboys more than any of us.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
You dont want a dez Bryant with something prove? He would play on fire.

He doesn't have to be our #1 forever and he'd get another chance to prove himself.

Yes go get him. Why isn't he playing with a star to begin with. Fans like me dont easily forget how hard that guy plays especially on the biggest games. He plays hard.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Humble Pie..

Where is his mind now, no more anxiety and depression?

Can he catch the ball now?

Is he in shape?

Vet min + major incentives but no more demanding the ball...

Ok maybe, seriously I was his biggest fan but aside from the heartbreaking injuries and losing a step, or two, dude Led the Entire ******* League in Drops.. It was so bad it seemed intentional.....

gmoney112

Reaction score
Dez Bryant is such a queen.

If he agrees to seek mental help then maybe. The dude is bi-polar or something.

You cant just talk a bunch of crap about your old teammates one day, rag on the team on social media, and the next say you want to come back.

If he'd gotten a payday elsewhere he'd still be yapping.

No thanks Dez. You're almost 30, grow up dude. And maybe you'll get a last shot with somebody. No one wants an over the hill diva at WR, and he was never TO.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Risen was again sent to the Pentagon and Ted Cruz received a white powdery substance...but I would take Dez back on a two year contract that included a ton of incentives and included his dead money as most of the current salary.

(dangers of the past being brought back alive)