Dez Bryant: "You don't have to ask me anymore: I'm playing against Philly"

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
It was originally estimated to be 3-4 weeks by pretty much every doctor they asked on the subject.

I suspect that the game to game estimate was Jason Garrett gamesmanship.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Why not?

Will he make us worse? He is easily an upgrade over Butler.

Perhaps but Butler has been coming on lately. Dez has a just cause to insist upon making his comeback and Butler is likely one of them. Whatever happens, it's a good situation to have when one of the backups does well in spelling you. There's nothing like competition to make a guy strive to be better. It might very possibly make the team considerably better off in the long run. Dez needs to stop coasting in games when he's not targeted.

Last edited:

robjay04

Reaction score
Butler has been coming on lately. Dez has his reasons to insist upon making his comeback and Butler is likely one of them. Whatever happens, it's a good situation to have when one of the backups does well in spelling you. There's nothing like competition to make you strive to be better.

Not sold on Butler as a starter, he dropped a bomb today and had a stupid penalty that likely cost us points. He is more of a role player than a starter imo.

Butler is no threat to Dez's job if that's the point you're trying to make.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How is this a bad thing? Another weapon for Dak. All criticisms of Dez Bryant aside, let's not forget the huge game he had at Washington. Then he got hurt on his first catch the next game. I think he and Prescott were just starting to build some chemistry.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Dez are you scared Butler is going to take your job? Oh wait the bum dropped a bomb.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not sold on Butler as a starter, he dropped a bomb today and had a stupid penalty that likely cost us points. He is more of a role player than a starter imo.

Butler is no threat to Dez's job if that's the point you're trying to make.

It's not like Dez never drops a bomb -- take off your rose colored glasses and you'll see better. I'm not claiming Butler to be a starter but there's also plenty of room for improvement in Dez's performance as well. Let's not pretend there's not.