Dez Bryant: "You don't have to ask me anymore: I'm playing against Philly"

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Not sold on Butler as a starter, he dropped a bomb today and had a stupid penalty that likely cost us points. He is more of a role player than a starter imo.

Butler is no threat to Dez's job if that's the point you're trying to make.
His penalty only cost us 10 yards, and the first down stood. It was first and ten still.

superonyx

Reaction score
Note to Dez: Team is 3-0 without you. Just saying. Maybe Dez should concentrate on doing something on the field instead of constantly running his mouth. Time for Dez to shut up and let his play do the talking.
Goofball comment.
So when a reporter asks him if he will play vs Philly he should not answer and say his play should do the talking?

The Natural

Reaction score
Note to Dez: Team is 3-0 without you. Just saying. Maybe Dez should concentrate on doing something on the field instead of constantly running his mouth. Time for Dez to shut up and let his play do the talking.
what does this have to do with him announcing that he is playing? lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryant said after the Cowboys beat the Packers on Sunday that with Dallas heading into its bye week, he has absolutely no doubt that he’s playing the next game, against the Eagles in Week Eight.

“Don’t have to ask me anymore, I’m good,” Bryant told Jane Slater of NFL Network. “Playing against Philly.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-says-hes-ready-to-go-for-cowboys-next-game/

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
He was practicing this week - I'd think another two weeks, of course he'll be back.

Green, Scandrick and Romo are the big question marks. I'm assuming Claiborne can heal in that timeframe.

Lody

Reaction score
yea cause he definitely hasnt produced in the past. :facepalm:
this offense is without a question better with Dez than without, rather he's "running his mouth" or not

NextGenBoys

Reaction score

Just stop it. Ugh

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not Dez is a better receiver than Butler or not. Of course he is but at the same time, Butler deserves credit for helping with the win over GB, rather than pointless criticism for not doing enough. Let's appreciate what has helped us get to this point, rather than nitpicking over what should have been a tad better to suit our druthers.

Holy Christ, it's hard to please some of us around here. We were pretty doggone fortunate to have Butler available to help our cause -- let's just give credit where it's due and leave it at that. We got capable help when we needed it most and it's a good thing we did. I'm happy for that.

Last edited:

Rob-G

Reaction score

Nothing worse than announcing you'll be back after the bye. How vulgar of him.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Note to Dez: Team is 3-0 without you. Just saying. Maybe Dez should concentrate on doing something on the field instead of constantly running his mouth. Time for Dez to shut up and let his play do the
yea cause he definitely hasnt produced in the past. :facepalm:
this offense is without a question better with Dez than without, rather he's "running his mouth" or not

What does Dez past performance have to do with anything? The point that the OP is making is that Dez hasn't done s*** for this team lately, and that includes before the injury. Dez needs to produce like a 70 mil dollar WR and stop dropping the ball when he hits the ground. How many 100 yard games has Dez had over the past 10 he has played? All the OP is saying is that Dez needs to shut up and let his play do all the talking. By the way, what happened to the people saying Beasley wouldn't produce without Dez on the field? Truth is, this team can win without Dez.....

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
What does Dez past performance have to do with anything? The point that the OP is making is that Dez hasn't done s*** for this team lately, and that includes before the injury. Dez needs to produce like a 70 mil dollar WR and stop dropping the ball when he hits the ground. How many 100 yard games has Dez had over the past 10 he has played? All the OP is saying is that Dez needs to shut up and let his play do all the talking. By the way, what happened to the people saying Beasley wouldn't produce without Dez on the field? Truth is, this team can win without Dez.....

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

You obviously haven't paid any attention to his posts in the past on this subject. He played 3 games this year and had a 102 against wash and was averaging 13.6 yards per clip.. I mean really? Do we have a short memory with the QB play last year, and the fact that he still wasn't healthy coming back after the broken foot? Perspective is an important thing that seems to be forgotten and dismissed on this board.