Dez Bryant: "You don't have to ask me anymore: I'm playing against Philly"

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I think the speed and quickness of our receivers played a role in burning the GB Secondary and winning that game. I hope when Dez comes back, he has the speed to do the same.

hendog

Reaction score
Teams will commit safety help to Dez so that makes everyone's job easier from the wr's to Zeke.

StarHead69

Reaction score
More passes to Dez means less (and easier) carries for Zeke. Win - Win.
Spread the ball around and lessen the risk of injury while everyone has a little more left in the tank for the playoffs. I love the idea of Dez on the field drawing a safety out of the box.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Note to Dez: Team is 3-0 without you. Just saying. Maybe Dez should concentrate on doing something on the field instead of constantly running his mouth. Time for Dez to shut up and let his play do the talking.

It's not like Dez never drops a bomb -- take off your rose colored glasses and you'll see better. I'm not claiming Butler to be a starter but there's also plenty of room for improvement in Dez's performance as well. Let's not pretend there's not.

You can't even compare what Dez struggles at to what Butler struggles at. Butler is still a project. Dez is one of the best in the league who's been struggling with injuries lately.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm glad he'll be back.

It'll open things up even more for others, as well as give Dak yet another playmaker to use.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You can't even compare what Dez struggles at to what Butler struggles at. Butler is still a project. Dez is one of the best in the league who's been struggling with injuries lately.

Nobody is comparing Butler to Dez, least of all myself. I've already stated several times that Dez is considerably better. Butler is backup material but he's not bad for someone who doesn't get many reps. Still, Dez does have problems getting open vs. talented corners, disappears when he's not being targeted "enough" and his route running isn't anything special. Personally, I think he's somewhat overrated, injuries or not -- jmho.

Last edited:

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
His penalty only cost us 10 yards, and the first down stood. It was first and ten still.
Incorrect, it negated the 1st down, next play was 3rd and 3 (assuming you're talking about the block in the back here). I thought it was supposed to be a first, given the penalty was after yards gained, but that's not how it was ruled.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody is comparing Butler to Dez, least of all myself. I've already stated several times that Dez is considerably better. Butler is backup material but he's not bad for someone who doesn't get many reps. Still, Dez does have problems getting open vs. talented corners, disappears when he's not being targeted "enough" and his route running isn't anything special. Personally, I think he's somewhat overrated, injuries or not -- jmho.

So he can't do all they yet when healthy his been a perennial 1300 10 td guy........ that would tend to mean he's more underrated then overrated since he's essentially not good at anything lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree, it is possible he has some good years left, but not sure he has the work ethic to come back to what he was.
20-40 million G makes him not try as hard as before.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Hopefully, they will keep moving him around. More slants!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So he can't do all they yet when healthy his been a perennial 1300 10 td guy........ that would tend to mean he's more underrated then overrated since he's essentially not good at anything lol.

I believe you volunteered that "not good at anything" phrase. You have a knack for twisting my posts into something they're not. -- lol

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Dez being back actually gives Jerry a trade chip opportunity. Both TWILL and Butler are FAs after this season. One if not both will be playing elsewhere. Gotta keep paying that OL.

Cowboys have needs on D and seem pretty deep at WR right now so ..... cue the Lombardi clip.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez being back actually gives Jerry a trade chip opportunity. Both TWILL and Butler are FAs after this season. One if not both will be playing elsewhere. Gotta keep paying that OL.

Cowboys have needs on D and seem pretty deep at WR right now so ..... cue the Lombardi clip.
Deep at receiver? Hardly. There's Dez and a bunch of third tier guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I believe you volunteered that "not good at anything" phrase. You have a knack for twisting my posts into something they're not. -- lol
lol I'm honestly trying too but you spent a whole post dedicated to the things he doesn't do and all I'm saying is that for all his flaws it's remarkable that he can even muster a 1k season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
lol I'm honestly trying too but you spent a whole post dedicated to the things he doesn't do and all I'm saying is that for all his flaws it's remarkable that he can even muster a 1k season.

I'm not a Dez detractor at all. I just want to see him extract the most from his God-given talent. I'm hoping he'll get there yet, if he hasn't already.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
This is the best thing that ever happened to Dez and this team, I am talking about his injury. For the first time sitting on the sidelines Dez has to be feeling that this team can win without him, and that he is expendable. With all the talk in the media and fans about trading him or that he is a team distraction with missed meetings, appointments etc... This will finally light a bulb in his head to make him come back with fire and vengeance. I truly believe that we will be seeing a different Dez than the old one.
Nice thought. Bryant got his money...lets see what he really has inside. You are right on about the QB and the team not really needing his act. Lets see now if he really has any pride or his just a typical street wise tough. I really am curious what he does now.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Nice thought. Bryant got his money...lets see what he really has inside. You are right on about the QB and the team not really needing his act. Lets see now if he really has any pride or his just a typical street wise tough. I really am curious what he does now.

I hope the message hit home for him, but he is still Dez so you never know what you are going to get with this guy.