Dez Bryant: "You don't have to ask me anymore: I'm playing against Philly"

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dez being back actually gives Jerry a trade chip opportunity. Both TWILL and Butler are FAs after this season. One if not both will be playing elsewhere. Gotta keep paying that OL.

Cowboys have needs on D and seem pretty deep at WR right now so ..... cue the Lombardi clip.

He's no trading Dez

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Nice thought. Bryant got his money...lets see what he really has inside. You are right on about the QB and the team not really needing his act. Lets see now if he really has any pride or his just a typical street wise tough. I really am curious what he does now.

lol wow.... See what he's got? He doesn't need to prove jack **** to you. Can't prove much with a broken foot and a fractured knee with people who don't belong throwing the football last year for this team..

But by all means keep pushing your factless agenda all you're doing is making yourself look silly :thumbup:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Deep at receiver? Hardly. There's Dez and a bunch of third tier guys.

Cole Beasley is producing much better than a 3rd tier guy and TWill is a legitimate number 2. Whitehead and Butler are up and comers who've shown an ability to make big plays.

You are just being a contrarian and overly negative right now.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
What's sad is that I saw the post and I thought "I don't care" I've seen what a good QB can do without a superstar WR. Dez better hope Dallas doesn't trade him for a high draft pick and a quality pass rusher in the off season. But yeah..if he's ready...let's roll.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He hasn't been healthy since he's got paid. Let's don't pretend like he's mailed in.
Well I dont pretend to know what dez thinks, or his desires etc, or what acutally goes on with him, I can only speculate using
little bits and pieces, and I could be right or wrong, only time will tell.

Dez seems to me to now be the guy who thinks he can just show up and play, without working hard to be the best he can be during the week.
I think he trys, but not like he should.
I also think Dak who has a very strong work ethic, could easily not like a guy like dez. This is just speculation.
I think other players on the team may feel similar,about dez. But they tolerate him as long as he produced game day,
but last year and this year he hasnt produced.

The lack of "proper" conditioning could be the reason for his injuries.
I heard he was dunking balls over the goal posts, when he first came to camp out of shape, in 2015.
This led to a pulled hamstring they said , but I wonder if maybe he cracked the bone in his foot, and then just made it worse or broke it
in first game with giants.
They never showed the play he was hurt on, or how he hurt his foot.
He was taken out once for dehydration, and then later he mysteriously has the foot injury, and no details were given on how
his foot was hurt.
The knee he hurt later in the year was by landing awkwardly, and this last injury he was awkward again, they need to give him dancing lessons
so he would not be so awkward and lacking coordination.

He used to always make a few circus catches, also awkward lol, but they were good, but for 70 mil he needs to do more than that.

The one play I salute him on is the td catch he made, and he awkwardly got it in the endzone, and then a couple of other catches
were ordinary, but he did good on those.
He needs to work harder to be better, and stop with all the talking and socializing with other corners , and wr. and try to be the
guy the cowboys thought they were getting.

Some fans put dez on a pedestal, and idolize him for what he did in the past, and that is ok, but at same time realize
that dez may never come back, or it will just be flashes here and there.

I would rather have a cheaper guy who works hard and makes some plays every week.
That is why Dak likes cole, he is a hard worker and it shows on game day.
Beasely doesnt have anything but quickness, and smarts, and decent hands, but he gets the max out of those.
If Dez actually worked as hard as some other guys like dak, not telling what he could do.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dez seems to me to now be the guy who thinks he can just show up and play, without working hard to be the best he can be during the week.

You have absolutely no basis for this view.
I think other players on the team may feel similar,about dez. But they tolerate him as long as he produced game day

You have absolutely no basis for this view.
He was taken out once for dehydration, and then later he mysteriously has the foot injury, and no details were given on how
his foot was hurt.

These are incoherent ramblings. Your view is terribly distorted. What's happened here, and you've just laid out the blueprint for why you're so far off, is you've based out your entire opinion on worthless, baseless speculation. These being wrong, you've made unrelated conclusions that can't possibly be correct, because they're formed from nonsense.

You've said a lot of whacky things (the OL doesn't open up holes, Martin was responsible for the Murray fumble), but this takes the cake.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I dont pretend to know what dez thinks, or his desires etc, or what acutally goes on with him, I can only speculate using
little bits and pieces, and I could be right or wrong, only time will tell.

I think he trys, but not like he should.
I also think Dak who has a very strong work ethic, could easily not like a guy like dez. This is just speculation.
I think other players on the team may feel similar,about dez. But they tolerate him as long as he produced game day,
but last year and this year he hasnt produced.

The lack of "proper" conditioning could be the reason for his injuries.
I heard he was dunking balls over the goal posts, when he first came to camp out of shape, in 2015.
This led to a pulled hamstring they said , but I wonder if maybe he cracked the bone in his foot, and then just made it worse or broke it
in first game with giants.
They never showed the play he was hurt on, or how he hurt his foot.
his foot was hurt.
The knee he hurt later in the year was by landing awkwardly, and this last injury he was awkward again, they need to give him dancing lessons
so he would not be so awkward and lacking coordination.

He used to always make a few circus catches, also awkward lol, but they were good, but for 70 mil he needs to do more than that.

The one play I salute him on is the td catch he made, and he awkwardly got it in the endzone, and then a couple of other catches
were ordinary, but he did good on those.
He needs to work harder to be better, and stop with all the talking and socializing with other corners , and wr. and try to be the
guy the cowboys thought they were getting.

Some fans put dez on a pedestal, and idolize him for what he did in the past, and that is ok, but at same time realize
that dez may never come back, or it will just be flashes here and there.

I would rather have a cheaper guy who works hard and makes some plays every week.
That is why Dak likes cole, he is a hard worker and it shows on game day.
Beasely doesnt have anything but quickness, and smarts, and decent hands, but he gets the max out of those.
If Dez actually worked as hard as some other guys like dak, not telling what he could do.

Dez has been hurt these past two years. I don't know how else to get that through to you. Romo and Scandrick have also been hurt these past few years. It happens. Dez when he comes back will rack up 100 yards and a few amazing catches and you guys will be right back on his bandwagon..........Dez is the least of my concerns.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cole Beasley is producing much better than a 3rd tier guy and TWill is a legitimate number 2. Whitehead and Butler are up and comers who've shown an ability to make big plays.

You are just being a contrarian and overly negative right now.

Overly negative? How so? I'm speaking prior to this year. You know, back when everyone wanted T-Will cut? Now he's a legit number 2......Beasley now is a legit #2.

I like our receivers. I don't really know what tier Beasley has become this season but I do know he's become reliable and that's all I ask.

My point wasn't knock our receivers........it was more so to acknowledge the importance that Dez is to this team. As of right now fans don't see it. They see things going well and see success. But when teams are peaking in December you need playmakers. Beasley has become one. The jury is still out on T-Will but there's no question that Dez is a playmaker. His flaws and all. He lines up and he's a top 10 player at receiver. You guys may be confident in a Terrence Williams and Cole Beasley led team but i'd rather have Dez in there in the mix.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Overly negative? How so? I'm speaking prior to this year. You know, back when everyone wanted T-Will cut? Now he's a legit number 2......Beasley now is a legit #2.

I like our receivers. I don't really know what tier Beasley has become this season but I do know he's become reliable and that's all I ask.

My point wasn't knock our receivers........it was more so to acknowledge the importance that Dez is to this team. As of right now fans don't see it. They see things going well and see success. But when teams are peaking in December you need playmakers. Beasley has become one. The jury is still out on T-Will but there's no question that Dez is a playmaker. His flaws and all. He lines up and he's a top 10 player at receiver. You guys may be confident in a Terrence Williams and Cole Beasley led team but i'd rather have Dez in there in the mix.
When Dez is healthy I think he is a top 5 player at WR and you need a guy like that in the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When Dez is healthy I think he is a top 5 player at WR and you need a guy like that in the playoffs.

I don't understand how that's any question. He has flaws. I get it. But let's don't kid ourselves. His assets way far more than the flaws he has. Guys with his talent don't grow on trees.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Then I think you responded to me in error because I believe the WRs have been playing extremely well with the most talented WR of the bunch sitting on the sidelines.

Cowboys have excellent depth on WR corps is what I'm saying, which includes Dez. I'm not the one calling them a bunch of 3rd tier players, which most people would equate that description to scrubs.