Dez Calls Out the "Garrett Guys" With C's On Their Jerseys

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dez stating that the team captains were not in his corner says a lot about Dez.

That’s exactly it and no one is talking about that. First did someone or someone’s really lobby to have him released. I know of one player in this league that carries that kind of clout and that’s Tom Brady. I don’t want to hear about Garrett’s boys because that’s bologna. That was hard for me to comprehend when Dez INSINUATED that.

But just say what if some players did that. There has to be something really, really wrong and we don’t know about it and it’s hard to believe that we haven’t heard about it.

I think he was just let go because of his performance to salary ratio and nothing else.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dez said, "I'll take my monkey and go somewhere else".

52ae5d7feab8eae0203952bd-750.jpg
Lol

Verdict

Reaction score
The fact that there are "Garrett guys" and, by extrapolation, "non-Garrett guys" tells me all I need to know. Garrett has to go. He's lost the team.

Cutting Dez gave Garrett credibility. It's a beautiful day in Cowboy Fandom.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The jerky knees on this forum is astounding.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Exactly............no player on this team has won chit, so they got no place talking smack about other guys and trying to get them released.

Like you said, every player on this team needs to shut the hell up and worry about their own jobs and their own performances, even if you are a captain. Last time I checked, none of these captains have been hoisting any trophies around here, like ever.
So the player was just as much of a loser as the captains. Yet he was a cancer on this team off the field. Declining dramatically on the field.

I don't see where Witten is getting paid 12.5 mill a year. Or Lee.

And you have NO idea on if anything was said. Or what was said if anything.

This is all based on comments from the player. A guy I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
after watching both of his interviews and having been listening to the fan all week I believe He is talking about Dak.

multiple fan hosts have been saying Dak wanted him gone for over a week and it sounds like that is who Dez is talking about.

I guess Dez is to Dak as Owens was to Romo in 08.
I don’t think Dak was pushing anyone out,as it was Dallas siding with the QB over him. From Dallas’ POV they got a young franchise QB they are investing in,and a highly paid underperforming vet who’s vocally unhappy,and causing waves.
That didn’t leave them much choice IMO.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
The fact that there are "Garrett guys" and, by extrapolation, "non-Garrett guys" tells me all I need to know. Garrett has to go. He's lost the team.
We cut a player and now Garrett has lost the team? You guys are funny.

So who's a non Garrett guy? Beasley? Williams? So if they get cut or traded its because they aren't Garrett guys? Because it's highly likely that 1 if not both are not going to be on this team.

So who else?

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I would say Dez is a product of this organization. The coaches evidently didnt develop him either because they werent good at coaching or Dez connection to the front office made him feel like he didnt have to listen. I dont ever recall the coaches disciplining Dez and he became a ranting lunatic on the sidelines that put everyone on edge. And the coaches would reward his bad behavior by trying to get him the ball. Dez never really had the football structure around him to develop a troubled talented player.
No football structure? We hired a full time babysitter for him. We gave him rules to follow.

He had been fined. Talked to. But he scored TDs and had just signed a new contract. They tried to make it work.

I never would have given him that contract.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lee: always injured
Crawford: overpaid
Dak: likely not a franchise QB
Witten: past his prime
Bailey: a kicker
Scandrick: not even on the team

The designation of “captain” isn’t necessarily about the best player or healthiest player. It has a lot to do with leadership, and the respect of teammates, and of course the guys calling plays for the offense and defense.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly didnt think Dez handled himself poorly during the interview.

He was fairly well spoken. He wasn't dishing out dirt on anyone specifically.

The guy grew up as a Cowboy and clearly his feelings were hurt. Its also clear there were coaches who didnt have his back.

The one MASSIVE question I have which would change my entire opinion about the interview is: is he full of crap???

I cant see guys like Witten and Lee going after Dez unless he was simply unreliable and deserving of criticism.

But I also dont trust Garrett or Linehan so yeah its conflicting.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
With his sit down with Jane Slater, Dez calls out the guys who wore C's on their jerseys and the players he calls "Garrett Guys". Saying they didn't like him and he was whining in typical Dez fashion about how he didn't know why. And he won't call out names but they know who they are and he will text them and let them know. But he kind of gave a lot of them away with the C's on the jerseys statement. In 2017, the players who wore the C were:

Sean Lee, T Crawford, Dak, Witten, Lee, Bailey and Scandrick.

Going to guess Scandrick was always in his corner. Bailey doesn't get involved in that as he's a kicker. They are loners. I doubt Crawford really cared either way. But Lee, Witten and Dak? I am pretty positive they were tired of his tired act. Dak made the comment after the Seattle game that maybe he should put the ball right in his facemask so he can't drop it. Witten was on him in that Detroit game a few years ago when he melted down on the sideline. And left early.

Dez could have easily took the high road and went on about his business. But nope. He thinks him getting cut is some big deal. Players are cut constantly in this league. Even the good ones get this treatment. But remember everyone telling us how mature he has gotten? Lmao. He's still the same immature clown he has always been. This is why Dallas was done with him. His act wore out. And he started to diminish on the field. He was a problem to this team and it's Dez first, winning and team second. He o HC of the Yearproved that his whole career. But so many fall for his Throw Up the X and team first marketing gimmick he portrays online and they eat it up. Acting like this is some dark day in Cowboys history.

Good riddance Dez. You won't be missed.
What team is going to sign this guy?

He throws players (captains) under the bus..

He cricises coaches who 2 years ago were Coach of the Year..

and a team who's owner just entered the HofF.

This guy is embarrassing.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
What team is going to sign this guy?

He throws players (captains) under the bus..

He cricises coaches who 2 years ago were Coach of the Year..

and a team who's owner just entered the HofF.

This guy is embarrassing.
Oh he’ll get snagged up alright,and it’s gonna be by a team in our division.

kskboys

Reaction score
So the player was just as much of a loser as the captains. Yet he was a cancer on this team off the field. Declining dramatically on the field.

I don't see where Witten is getting paid 12.5 mill a year. Or Lee.

And you have NO idea on if anything was said. Or what was said if anything.

This is all based on comments from the player. A guy I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw.
Witten just took a pay cut.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just watched Babe on cbs11. He said He does not believe any players went to garrett about getting rid of Dez.

He also said there was no bigger Garrett fan than Dez and Jason has helped Dez in more things than football and has been good for him.

More importantly he mentioned that Garrett did meet with Dez and urged him to take the high road and not make the situation worse for him I guess.

I am uploading the video to my youtube page as we speak. I will add it to the thread when its done.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Just watched Babe on cbs11. He said He does not believe any players went to garrett about getting rid of Dez.

He also said there was no bigger Garrett fan than Dez and Jason has helped Dez in more things than football and has been good for him.

More importantly he mentioned that Garrett did meet with Dez and urged him to take the high road and not make the situation worse for him I guess.

I am uploading the video to my youtube page as we speak. I will add it to the thread when its done.
But, but, but... he said the captains, oh captain, my captain.

And no one ever talked to him ever.

Oh who to believe.