Twitter: Dez goes off on reporters in lockerroom after practice

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I tend to believe that it was the Cowboys that floated that "video" thing to the media to justify the franchise tag. Dez then threatened not to play, and Jerry blinked.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but in this case, I simply cannot believe JJ (or any other team owner) would resort to such low tactics. No player in his right mind would want to play for such a team. At any rate, the media took some sketchy, at best, info and ran with it as if it were absolute gospel. They screwed up and should have owned up to it publicly and should have issued a public apology to Dez.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Dez freaked out last week over a tweet from some random guy on Twitter after the Seattle game. He's a loose cannon.

Yes, after he was accused of celebrating the Seattle player's injury? With there being NO evidence of that other than reporters claiming it as fact as they came from the Matt Mosely school of lip reading.

Even Bruce Irvin said that Dez wasn't celebrating Lockett's injury.

Wonder why Dez feels 'disrespected?'

Maybe when you cost him millions of dollars with a rumor that 'he has a tape out there worse than the Ray Rice tape' and then accuse him of celebrating a player getting carted off (which could also cost him millions in potential endorsement money)...you start to feel disrespected.

And maybe you don't care for one reporter calling you the n-word because just like the video tape rumor and the lip reading reporting...it's completely and utterly unprofessional.

YR

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
It was a tweet that said he was celebrating an injury. And it got picked up immediately and repeated. That's not being a loose cannon. And I hate that fans of the Cowboys and fans of Dez don't see that issue for what it was and aren't universally behind the player for something like that.

It's precisely incidents like that that Dez is talking about when he says they need to 'get it right.' He's right, even if he's being naive or foolish in ranting about it. They do need to get it right, but as long as people are willing to give them a pass when they don't bother to do it, they can get away with spinning and prevaricating and too many people will just shrug and say 'what are you going to do?'

It's catching up to them. ESPN, in particular. I'll be glad to see them continue to disintegrate over the next few years.

:clap:

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
There were Cowboy officials there who said that he didn't say it. JJT has been in the media for 30 years, and you think he's going to drop the N word to a nobody like Devin Street out of the blue? Seriously? At some point these players need to be held accountable and stop looking for the media to be the scapegoat for their frustrations.

Who were the Cowboys officials? I haven't seen this.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you say, but in this case, I simply cannot believe JJ (or any other team owner) would resort to such low tactics. No player in his right mind would want to play for such a team. At any rate, the media took some sketchy, at best, info and ran with it as if it were absolute gospel. They screwed up and should have owned up to it publicly and should have issued a public apology to Dez.

That and the Cowboys had the franchise tag on him. It would be an illogical negotiating tactic on their part.

Meanwhile, the media has never been afraid to make up any story they could find on any popular Cowboys player. For instance, the reports were that Dez was celebrating Lockett's awful injury. Was that something the Cowboys leaked out there?

How about Terrell Owens crying after the 2008 Bengals game where he had the game winning TD because a close family friend passed away earlier that week and Mr. Blue Suit reporting that he was crying because 'he didn't get the ball enough.'

Or how about all of the reports that Marinelli had his things packed and was leaving for Tampa?

Keith Davis died, remember?

The fact is that I have a good memory and can play the game of the media nonsense against the Cowboys and beat anybody at it. They're not all cloak-and-dagger subplots from Jerry. It's just media scumbags being media scumbags and unprofessional media members being unprofessional media members and lying media members...lying.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, after he was accused of celebrating the Seattle player's injury? With there being NO evidence of that other than reporters claiming it as fact as they came from the Matt Mosely school of lip reading.

Maybe when you cost him millions of dollars with a rumor that 'he has a tape out there worse than the Ray Rice tape' and then accuse him of celebrating a player getting carted off (which could also cost him millions in potential endorsement money)...you start to feel disrespected.

And maybe you don't care for one reporter calling you the n-word because just like the video tape rumor and the lip reading reporting...it's completely and utterly unprofessional.

YR

All true. But when your reputation is a hot head who can fly off the handle, even if you want to defend youself, you can't do in a manner that just adds more fuel to the fire.

Is it fair? Nope. But life isn't fair. No one should be surprised that this storyline keeps playing out over and over. Because everytime it comes up, guess what, Bryant flips out to just prove their point.

He needs to combat this in a more calm and mature fashion (or just ignore it) if he ever wants this storyline and reputation to die down.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Who were the Cowboys officials? I haven't seen this.

"Both Moore and John Clayton of ESPN report that none of the other reporters in the area heard Taylor say the n-word. Moore adds that even two Cowboys officials agreed that Taylor did not use the word with Moore describing their reactions as "Street simply misunderstood."

movaughn88

Reaction score
"Both Moore and John Clayton of ESPN report that none of the other reporters in the area heard Taylor say the n-word. Moore adds that even two Cowboys officials agreed that Taylor did not use the word with Moore describing their reactions as "Street simply misunderstood."

Ah the old journalistic "anonymous source" in this case "Cowboys officials." This is just journalists banding together to protect their own little group of dweebs no one cares about. Who would side with the media on anything anymore? They do nothing for the team. If Dez wants to scream at a reporter who's in his personal space asking annoying questions, who cares?

Wayne02

Reaction score
Ah the old journalistic "anonymous source" in this case "Cowboys officials." This is just journalists banding together to protect their own little group of dweebs no one cares about. Who would side with the media on anything anymore? They do nothing for the team. If Dez wants to scream at a reporter who's in his personal space asking annoying questions, who cares?

Wow, so just ignore the facts and side with Dez even though you have no objective evidence to support Dez in this instance. Dez was wrong whether you want to acknowledge that or not and he just made himself and this team look bad. He put his clown shoes on again and some of you guys refuse to realize it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
All true. But when your reputation is a hot head who can fly off the handle, even if you want to defend youself, you can't do in a manner that just adds more fuel to the fire.

Is it fair? Nope. But life isn't fair. No one should be surprised that this storyline keeps playing out over and over. Because everytime it comes up, guess what, Bryant flips out to just prove their point.

He needs to combat this in a more calm and mature fashion (or just ignore it) if he ever wants this storyline and reputation to die down.

Guess what?

Dez isn't going to be cut over this.

And he would not have been cut under Jimmy or Parcells or Belichick or Bill Walsh or whomever.

And that really irks reporters because it's 'unfair' that a talented player can act like that and get away with it.

But, life isn't fair.

It's all tit-for-tat with the reporters because they hate themselves for having their miserable job that doesn't pay well and requires them to find freelance work.

I will support the guy that gets attacked for no good reason and fights back. It may not sound fair, but life isn't fair.

Just like it isn't fair that I should expect reporters to actually do the job they are sent to do and not reporting rumors, not lip reading videos and not referring to players using the n-word.

Oh wait, that's completely fair on my part. And that's why I don't pay for their stuff and don't read their stuff and that's why ESPN is on a rapid decline and will just fire those reporters in a few years. And then they can whine how that isn't fair that they lost their job because the Disney stock is down.

YR

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Wow, so just ignore the facts and side with Dez even though you have no objective evidence to support Dez in this instance. Dez was wrong whether you want to acknowledge that or not and he just made himself and this team look bad. He put his clown shoes on again and some of you guys refuse to realize it.

I'm not sure you or erod are capable of making an objective judgment on anything Dez related. You've made it clear by jumping on any anti-Dez narrative with glee, despite repeatedly being proven wrong in previous cases. You're suffering from a severe case of confirmation bias.

movaughn88

Reaction score

It's a locker room. There are high emotions and guys scream at each other all the time. For all I care, Dez can scream at whoever he wants for whatever he wants, unless it affects the product on the field. If he screamed at Romo and Romo didn't like it, we'd have a problem. This is meaningless. Jerry pays these guys to play football, and I could care less if the players scream at a reporter who no one is paying to do anything, other than a website that has ruined its reputation and is in decline. The only reason you think this makes the team look bad is ESPN is feeding everyone that to create a story.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think about 98% of the stuff the media reports on Dez is crap. This time I think Dez just blew off the handle.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

When was the last time, outside of a perjury situation, that the media actually had conflict with one another?

In every line of work there's conflict with one another, just like the media loves to report the conflict between players and coaches and owners.

Yet, never a word about media members conflicting with each other. It's Omerta in print.

YR

erod

Reaction score
Someone accused him of being happy for another player's injury.

I'd love to see you react different when someone does that to you.

A nobody on Twitter did this. Is he going to do this over something I write on Cowboyzone, too? This is 2015, there's ALWAYS somebody saying something about these guys on social media.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I'm not sure you or erod are capable of making an objective judgment on anything Dez related. You've made it clear by jumping on any anti-Dez narrative with glee, despite repeatedly being proven wrong in previous cases. You're suffering from a severe case of confirmation bias.

I don't think you've ever proven anyone wrong on here, I'm very objective on anything concerning the Cowboys and a homer is incapable of proving me wrong on anything with this team.

erod

Reaction score

YR

It is now the world we live in. Forever. He's just feeding the beast.

Check the comments across the internet today about him on all the message boards. He's getting lambasted.

He can't win. He needs to let these things lie.

Wayne02

Reaction score
It's a locker room. There are high emotions and guys scream at each other all the time. For all I care, Dez can scream at whoever he wants for whatever he wants, unless it affects the product on the field. If he screamed at Romo and Romo didn't like it, we'd have a problem. This is meaningless. Jerry pays these guys to play football, and I could care less if the players scream at a reporter who no one is paying to do anything, other than a website that has ruined its reputation and is in decline. The only reason you think this makes the team look bad is ESPN is feeding everyone that to create a story.

My whole point for posting on this topic was to dispel the notion that JJT called Dez or Devin Street of all people, the N word. It didn't happen, and the fact that so many people on here are blindly standing with Dez on this shows once again that many on here have absolutely no objectivity with this team or the players on this team.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
A nobody on Twitter did this. Is he going to do this over something I write on Cowboyzone, too? This is 2015, there's ALWAYS somebody saying something about these guys on social media.

That's why I don't think players should go on twitter especially after a loss. Nothing good comes out of it.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
he just made himself and this team look bad. He put his clown shoes on again and some of you guys refuse to realize it.

Ha, I'd say after going 0-6, we don't need any help looking bad. But let's talk about what really matters, who will Dez raise his voice to next???