Twitter: Dez goes off on reporters in lockerroom after practice

31smackdown

Reaction score
The media is a group of bully's these days.. look at the approach most suggest.. don't do anything that might make them react and write something slanderous... really? Why do players and coaches have to keep reminding them to talk about football instead of coming up with 8 ways to ask about off the field topics or commentary on player personalities? They're out of control and when they get treated like the brats that they are they throw fits and complain they can't do their job because no one is talking to them and they attack the character of those who don't do what they want. This goes on until the majority start respecting their opportunity and start reporting properly, but that's real work that some of them are not willing to do. Look at how Belichick handles them. He shuts them down one by one. If you don't ask a real question you don't get an answer. The ones that respect that get good stories, the others just troll twitter and make comments. That's all Dez is saying.. respect the people you are covering and treat them fairly.

erod

Reaction score
The media is a group of bully's these days.. look at the approach most suggest.. don't do anything that might make them react and write something slanderous... really? Why do players and coaches have to keep reminding them to talk about football instead of coming up with 8 ways to ask about off the field topics or commentary on player personalities? They're out of control and when they get treated like the brats that they are they throw fits and complain they can't do their job because no one is talking to them and they attack the character of those who don't do what they want. This goes on until the majority start respecting their opportunity and start reporting properly, but that's real work that some of them are not willing to do. Look at how Belichick handles them. He shuts them down one by one. If you don't ask a real question you don't get an answer. The ones that respect that get good stories, the others just troll twitter and make comments. That's all Dez is saying.. respect the people you are covering and treat them fairly.

Dez was mad all week because JJT said that Richard Sherman handled him in the Seattle game. That's it. That completely had Dez out of his mind.

And I still have no idea why he went after Robert Klemko. That still puzzles me.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You see conflict in the media all the time.

I live in Philadelphia and there are rifts in the media between beat reporters, columnists, radio hosts, etc. Two of the local radio hosts got in a pissing match at an Eagles practice a month ago. A few of the beat reporters have had public rifts. When a reporter from a NJ paper floated a story that the Eagles wanted to cut Desean Jackson because of off the field issues, some of the other beats ripped him.

So, all of the time means 1 incident?

A better example should have been the Adam Schefter case where he claimed there was a 'schism' in the Vikings locker room when they signed Brett Favre because players wanted to have Tavaris Jackson start instead (I'm not making this up).

The Vikings locker room was baffled by the 'report.' The Minnesota press did scoff at Schefter's claims...but never went beyond that and questioned his sourcing and the fact that he likely just made it up.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You are missing my point.
No one said he would be cut or that he should somehow be reprimanded for his actions

There are posters here that have said that if it happened up Parcells or Jimmy, he would have been waived. Other posters seem to want him reprimanded. I mean, what's their end game?

, at least never suggested that. So kill that strawman right now.

Puh-leaze. There's already been a poster that claimed he would be waived if this was a Parcells or Jimmy coached team which is preposterous.

But in the end, you can't complain about the media making you out to be crazy who flies off the handle, when in fact, the way you respond to them is do just that............ fly off the handle

Yes, you can.

The media has ethical standards that they are supposed to adhere by. Stories about tapes that are worse than Ray Rice that have no verification and never come out...is unethical journalism. Claiming that Dez was celebrating Lockett's injury because you suddenly learned how to read lips on a vine video, is unethical.

The media is supposed to have journalistic standard that is above the nonsense of rumor mongering and provocation.

But guess what? They are going to suck and still report crappy things even after you read them the riot act. So at some point, don't you just wise up and decide that as much as you want to rip them apart, the best way to combat this is try to not give them any ammunition?

It doesn't matter because they are just going to make stuff up about him, no matter how damaging it is because he's a star player for Dallas. What did Dez do to provoke claims that there was a tape 'worse than the Ray Rice tape?' It was the offseason and he wasn't involved in anything and couldn't be questioned by reporters without his approval...so, what did he do to provoke that other than be a star player for Dallas?

The fact is that this media nonsense, sensationalism, lies, provocation, and unprofessionalism is unfair to the readers. And then they will act like 'woe is me' for having to put up with these athletes and have this over valued sense of worth because they believe they are the pipeline to the team for the fans. The fact is that despite the Seattle Twitter nonsense, Dez played great and this won't be a distraction for him either. And if it's too much of a distraction for another player to perform well, then we should cut ties with that player because he's not fit to play in Dallas. The media is just apt to play the role of victim anytime somebody calls them out on their nonsense and if JJT said it, he should be suspended for a lack of professionalism...but, hey it's ESPN...you can sexually harass women and still get paid millions. JJT might be up for a pay raise.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It is now the world we live in. Forever. He's just feeding the beast.

Check the comments across the internet today about him on all the message boards. He's getting lambasted.

He can't win. He needs to let these things lie.

Yeah, the same comments on the internet that lambasted him for the 'worse than Ray Rice tape' and the 'celebrating Lockett's injury.'

Guess what? I'll pass on taking those with any credibility.

You're right. He can't win. But, might as well expose these frauds while you get the chance to do so. If I'm going down, I'm making sure those people that started it are going down with me and quite frankly, I would make sure that no stone goes unturned in the process.

YR

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
"Both Moore and John Clayton of ESPN report that none of the other reporters in the area heard Taylor say the n-word. Moore adds that even two Cowboys officials agreed that Taylor did not use the word with Moore describing their reactions as "Street simply misunderstood."

Okay, but Moore and Clayton aren't "staffers". They're no more than ESPN trash that work for the same brotherhood of imbeciles that Taylor works for.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Ha, I'd say after going 0-6, we don't need any help looking bad. But let's talk about what really matters, who will Dez raise his voice to next???

The question is more like what can the media say next about Dez that is so preposterous that has zero evidence and then act like there's nothing wrong with it?

Let me guess...

There's allegedly a tape of Dez burning down an orphanage with the orphans in it.

After the game, he congratulated Jameis Winston on his success with raping his victim. I read his lips.

After running 60 yards to make a tackle off a Cassel interception, Dez jogged back to the sidelines. Clearly, he was loafing because he should have sprinted towards the sidelines. Sources at Valley Ranch tell me they are upset with Dez.

Sources tell me that Dez cheats on his taxes.

A woman from North Dakota tells me that Dez sexually assaulted her in North Dakota. But, Dez tells me that he's never been to North Dakota. Dez obviously is lying, he raped that woman.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
"Both Moore and John Clayton of ESPN report that none of the other reporters in the area heard Taylor say the n-word. Moore adds that even two Cowboys officials agreed that Taylor did not use the word with Moore describing their reactions as "Street simply misunderstood."

Moore and Clayton are not staffers and Moore and Clayton weren't there as JJT was alone interviewing Street. Furthermore, it's not like ESPN employees have never lied to stick behind each other.

YR

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
25 pages huh?

For some reason I don't give one damn about this story

Wayne02

Reaction score
Okay, but Moore and Clayton aren't "staffers". They're no more than ESPN trash that work for the same brotherhood of imbeciles that Taylor works for.

Did you read what it said? Moore confirmed that TWO cowboy officials stated that JJT didn't say that.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Moore and Clayton are not staffers and Moore and Clayton weren't there as JJT was alone interviewing Street. Furthermore, it's not like ESPN employees have never lied to stick behind each other.

YR

Did you read it? Moore confirmed that TWO cowboy officials said that JJT didn't say that.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Did you read what it said? Moore confirmed that TWO cowboy officials stated that JJT didn't say that.

Did you read what I asked? Who are the staffers? Moore confirming what TWO Cowboys officials supposedly said doesn't give us names or proof. It's no more than he said she said.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Did you read what I asked? Who are the staffers? Moore confirming what TWO Cowboys officials supposedly said doesn't give us names or proof. It's no more than he said she said.

Why does he need to give the names of the cowboy officials? Are you saying that Moore is lying about it? No one else in that locker room can confirm what Street and Dez were stating was accurate. Why is that?

Wayne02

Reaction score
How would they know if Street and JJT were talking alone?

Why would Street just make this up?

YR

You tell me. Why would JJT call Devin Street who is a nobody, the N word? Why can't anyone confirm that this was true? There were plenty of people around, so why can't anyone else confirm Street's accusation?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Why does he need to give the names of the cowboy officials? Are you saying that Moore is lying about it? No one else in that locker room can confirm what Street and Dez were stating was accurate. Why is that?

Also noteworthy is not a single Cowboys player or coach has stepped up back up Street on his accusation.

You'd think if Street felt confident enough to make the accusation (and Dez re-iterate) players would be coming out of the woodwork to support Street.

Players protect their own and all that...

It's nothing but crickets in the locker-room on this topic. Nobody else is going in involve themself in something as stupid and dangerous as falsely accusing someone in the media of using the n-word.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

I don't see what the big deal is. If it's clearly a misunderstanding, he could say that 'well, Rich Dalrymple and Mike Woicik were there and didn't hear JJT say it.'

It's not like it's something that needs to be private or a Cowboys official wouldn't dare let his identity be revealed.

I would also like to know so we can spot who the 'Cowboys officials' are and if they were there because my source said that Street and JJT were just by themselves.

I understand having anonymous sources, but unless Moore reveals them in this case where anonymity isn't needed and this could actually clear up the situation...I will take Moore's claim with a grain of salt.

YR

Wayne02

Reaction score
Also noteworthy is not a single Cowboys player or coach has stepped up back up Street on his accusation.

You'd think if Street felt confident enough to make the accusation (and Dez re-iterate) players would be coming out of the woodwork to support Street.

Players protect their own and all that...

It's nothing but crickets in the locker-room on this topic. Nobody else is going in involve themself in something as stupid and dangerous as falsely accusing someone in the media of using the n-word.

Very good point.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You tell me. Why would JJT call Devin Street who is a nobody, the N word? Why can't anyone confirm that this was true? There were plenty of people around, so why can't anyone else confirm Street's accusation?

It's a popular term that is used by black people to reference on another. I don't think JJT was saying it to be mean or racist. But, it was unprofessional and you never know who is going to take it in a way that doesn't agree with you.

They can't confirm Street's accusation because THEY WERE BY THEMSELVES. This idea that there was 'plenty of people around' isn't the truth. This was a typical media session in the locker room, but people weren't around Street and JJT because they were talking alone.

YR

Wayne02

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. If it's clearly a misunderstanding, he could say that 'well, Rich Dalrymple and Mike Woicik were there and didn't hear JJT say it.'

It's not like it's something that needs to be private or a Cowboys official wouldn't dare let his identity be revealed.

I would also like to know so we can spot who the 'Cowboys officials' are and if they were there because my source said that Street and JJT were just by themselves.

I understand having anonymous sources, but unless Moore reveals them in this case where anonymity isn't needed and this could actually clear up the situation...I will take Moore's claim with a grain of salt.

YR

Well you don't have to believe Moore, that's your choice, but the point still stands that not one single person is attaching themselves to back up what Street says. That says a lot to me, not even Garrett is backing up what happened and said that Dez should handle it better. Dez was wrong, and Street made it worse with his false accusation.