Twitter: Dez goes off on reporters in lockerroom after practice

khiladi

Reaction score
It's clear there is tension between Dez and JJT as a result of Wells.

Here is the original tweet by Dez regarding JJT and Wells:

It's apparent Dez was unhappy how JJT kept talking and pushing Wells in relation to the Dez contract.

JJT responded with the following:

If this is disrupting the Cowboys, than VR has an obligation to remove the disruption that is JJT from the locker room. Dez is on the football team and JJT is not.

khiladi

Reaction score
Writes with an agenda IMO.... You can't call a guy a POS and think he's going to respect you period. When you're friends with a guy who he trusted that ripped him off he isn't going to think highly of you. IMO I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner, and it sounds like it would've when Dez said he didn't show up in the lockerroom.

Listen someone who is a journalist and calls a star player for a team you cover a POS should lose all rights to that lockerroom period end of story. Shame on Rich for not doing his job. That is one guy who has the power to control the media around the team and he hasn't done a good job period.

I've actually gone back and read some of JJTs articles and they are generally well written and balanced. That being said, when you follow the Wells drama, it's clear that JJT is pushing it. Why is that really an issue for the public?

There must have been a lot of personal bitterness during the contract situation on this point between the Wells party on Dez that we don't have access too. The fact that JJT went as far as to call Dez a POS on Twitter shows how far it must have gone.. Rich clearly needs to get this guy out of locker room..

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It's clear there is tension between Dez and JJT as a result of Wells.

Here is the original tweet by Dez regarding JJT and Wells:

It's apparent Dez was unhappy how JJT kept talking and pushing Wells in relation to the Dez contract.

JJT responded with the following:

If this is disrupting the Cowboys, than VR has an obligation to remove the disruption that is JJT from the locker room. Dez is on the football team and JJT is not.

That troll should've never been allowed back in that lockerroom period. You can't call a player a POS when you are a journalist. This is a big fail on Richs part and I can see why Dez was angry and telling him that he should handle this. In what world does a reporter call a player a POS? Where is the professionalism and integrity in that?

That is just unreal and we have guys here on this very board condoning this guy? Really is it ok for a reporter to call one of our beloved players a POS? This is the Dallas Cowboys! This is Dez Bryant. We don't root for JJT! What a hack

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I've actually gone back and read some of JJTs articles and they are generally well written and balanced. That being said, when you follow the Wells drama, it's clear that JJT is pushing it. Why is that really an issue for the public?

There must have been a lot of personal bitterness during the contract situation on this point between the Wells party on Dez that we don't have access too. The fact that JJT went as far as to call Dez a POS on Twitter shows how far it must have gone.. Rich clearly needs to get this guy out of locker room..

All credibility goes out the window when you call a star player a POS period.

Dez would lay his health on the line for the team and should be given that respect at least by our fans.

I don't think this guy deserves to be defended at all. He is a 'reporter' you should be writing with a bit more professionalism then POS.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All credibility goes out the window when you call a star player a POS period.

Dez would lay his health on the line for the team and should be given that respect at least by our fans.

I don't think this guy deserves to be defended at all. He is a 'reporter' you should be writing with a bit more professionalism then POS.

I don't think he called him a POS. reads like POS = posturing. At least to me.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

It can be taken like he did. Poor word choice on his part. It can be construed that he did mean POS. Especially with his friendship to Wells. Maybe he does think Dez is a POS especially after Dez unloaded about what Wells has done. Either way he never clarified and his articles and tweets don't give any benefit of the doubt either. So again this was coming and I think Rich should've handled this months ago IMO.

Wayne02

Reaction score
You said you knew him. In the next sentence you said I don't believe he said that. Pretty easy to deduce that your belief in JJT stems from your personal connection. Otherwise it's just a pointless anecdote that only hinders your position.

Again, your reading comprehension skills are not great, and I've addressed this enough with you especially, so I'll send you the same peace as Khilafi or whatever his name was. Peace.

khiladi

Reaction score

Good point.. That being said, it's clear the tension and JJT, if true, had no business trying to affect contract terms between Dez and the Cowboys, since it is none of his business and unprofessional. It could reasonably be construed by Dez that this is what JJT was trying to do. How often do you here details such as this in contract negotiations between players and organizations?

That's even worse than calling him a POS of you think about it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea okay, he's been in the business for 30 years, I think it's more probable that you will get fired, or go out of business before he loses his job.

Not sure that's relevant. And not sure what basis you could have for saying it in the first place. But perhaps more importantly, I don't care.

We'll see how things play out. This is a hatchet that doesn't bury too easily.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point.. That being said, it's clear the tension and JJT, if true, had no business trying to affect contract terms between Dez and the Cowboys, since it is none of his business and unprofessional. It could reasonably be construed by Dez that this is what JJT was trying to do. How often do you here details such as this in contract negotiations between players and organizations?

That's even worse than calling him a POS of you think about it.

I definitely think there is tension there, but I don't think it's Ed Werder levels yet. Werder was so T.O. focused that he got himself semi-banned from covering the Cowboys for a long while.

khiladi

Reaction score
I definitely think there is tension there, but I don't think it's Ed Werder levels yet. Werder was so T.O. focused that he got himself semi-banned from covering the Cowboys for a long while.

Dallas is kind of in a bind, with Romo out. I would assume, if he comes back and they start winning, this will all die down without VR having to do anything. If they continue to lose, they probably better start regulating things quick. Dallas can't afford the bad PR, particularly with Hardy right now.

Let's just hope Romo comes and saves the day and Hardy gets extended.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dallas is kind of in a bind, with Romo out. I would assume, if he comes back and they start winning, this will all die down without VR having to do anything. If they continue to lose, they probably better start regulating things quick. Dallas can't afford the bad PR, particularly with Hardy right now.

Let's just hope Romo comes and saves the day and Hardy gets extended.

Romo is the miracle man I don't doubt this team could go on a run. It just sucks knowing that with the talent they have they couldn't muster one win. That is just bad bad bad. Goes to show Dallas need to start planning for life after Romo.

I have no doubt when Romo comes back it will bring some much needed positive PR to this squad. I think though that the PR team Mainly Rich needs to do some much needed fine tuning in how and who is allowed in this lockerroom it's time to handle those responsibilities. This is where I envy a team like the Pats

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Do a little background on the things JJT has tweeted, intentionally or not. You might be surprised at some of the things he's said.

He's quite easy to get angry. He got mad at me on twitter for asking him if he could deny his 'team source' was David Wells. He of course did not. That was before it was all out in the open.

What JJT is doing is completely unethical. David Wells is his friend and he is using the press to further his friends interests under false pretenses. That is the problem with journalism though. There is no accountability. In most professionally licensed fields that trash is grounds for dismissal.

mugsybows

Reaction score
First off this fool is an ESPN writer and his Twitter is the most insecure thing I've ever seen. He's fighting with users. To me right there that just shows how terrible and unprofessional he is. Dudes a hack