Twitter: Dez goes off on reporters in lockerroom after practice

etw926

Reaction score
That's not what I said, this shows me that you are being willfully ignorant. Go back and read all of my posts if you want to try to challenge what I said.

Willfully ignorant would be him reading through your post.

khiladi

Reaction score
That's not what I said, this shows me that you are being willfully ignorant. Go back and read all of my posts if you want to try to challenge what I said.

You did say it among many other things. That being said, Dez tweet doesn't just refer to the N word, he said:

"Saying I don't give an F about me and calling players *****s is not professional"...

That's two things Dez spells out.. I don't know what that exactly means, but he's clearly referring to a BEHAVIOR, not one particular thing...

Wayne02

Reaction score
You did say it..

You're misrepresenting what I said and all you have to do is read in order to get the full context of my arguments but you refuse to because you've got nothing to say.

khiladi

Reaction score
You're misrepresenting what I said and all you have to do is read in order to get the full context of my arguments but you refuse to because you've got nothing to say.

Your arguments span a whole series of posts.

One of them is you knowing JJT for 30 years and him going to your church and he would never say such a thing..

That's exactly what you said.. I didn't say you didn't have other arguments..

I simpku said that he's a personal friend of yours, which may be indicative of bias. Others rushed to JJT defense, but they also work for ESPN..

So essentially it boils down to he said -she said. And like others said, JJT has an issue with the firing of Wells. Maybe you knew him as well.

So just like you may be frustrated in Dez based on your past experience, Dezmay be frustrated with JJT..

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, I'm going to emphasize:

Dez spelled out two things in his tweet about the reporter:

"Yea I blew up on the media but report why I blew up on ya' all. Saying I don't give an F about me and calling players *****s is not professional"...

Again, I count TWO examples by Dez of why he blew up, not just one. So he was clearly frustrated by what he perceived as unprofessional behavior by the reporters. Focusing on the N word is just one aspect to the whole issue.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Your arguments span a whole series of posts.

One of them is you knowing JJT for 30 years and him going to your church and he would never say such a thing..

That's exactly what you said.. I didn't say you didn't have other arguments..

I simpku said that he's a personal friend of yours, which may be indicative of bias. Others rushed to JJT defense, but they also work for ESPN..

So essentially it boils down to he said -she said. And like others said, JJT has an issue with the firing of Wells. Maybe you knew him as well.

So just like you may be frustrated in Dez based on your past experience, Dezmay be frustrated with JJT..

Dez can be mad at JJT, I don't care about that but lying to the public about him calling Street the N word is going too far. He didn't call him that and he pretty much has everyone backing him up on that. Dez and Street has no one in their corner. No Cowboy officials, no teammates, no coaches, no one. Funny how Street hasn't come out and stated anything else about that situation. I said that I know JJT personally and that he attends my church. I didn't say that he was incapable of calling them the N word just because he went to my church or that I know him. I said this probably 10 times already.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dez can be mad at JJT, I don't care about that but lying to the public about him calling Street the N word is going too far. He didn't call him that and he pretty much has everyone backing him up on that. Dez and Street has no one in their corner. No Cowboy officials, no teammates, no coaches, no one. Funny how Street hasn't come out and stated anything else about that situation. I said that I know JJT personally and that he attends my church. I didn't say that he was incapable of calling them the N word just because he went to my church or that I know him. I said this probably 10 times already.

Again, he said, she said..

Further, whether Street hasn't come out and said anything doesn't prove he lied. That is an assumption on your part. It is a plausible explanation, but there are others.

It could be, like somebody posted on this thread, Garrett and Jerry told them not to speak on the issue anymore.

Wayne02

Reaction score

Further, whether Street hasn't come out and said anything doesn't prove he lied. That is an assumption on your part. It is a plausible explanation, but there are others.

It could be, like somebody posted on this thread, Garrett and Jerry told them not to speak on the issue anymore.

We're not getting anywhere, you're just arguing just to argue at this point. Peace.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

So unless he goes back and reads all your posts he is willfully ignorant. lovely. megalomania goes well with the martyr routine.

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, for the umpteenth time:

Dez accused JJT of being unprofessional and one of the ways among OTHERS is that JJT used the N word. That was not his ONLY argument in how JJT was being unprofessional.

It was 15 minute tirade, so he probably said a whole lot of stuff. Nowhere was the argument, from what I read, that it was all about the N word.

I'm sure, considering Cpwboys players were laughing, Dez was roasting him hard as well. Maybe he brought up Wells, the boy if JJT and how JJT acted unprofessionally then and so on..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Street's corroboration trumps random message board guy particularly our lonely troll here. JJT has reported on behalf of Wells as a 'team source' for years.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
There was a tweet that JJT sent out that was in another thread about the media where he hash tagged Dez in tying him in with Randle Hardy and RoMac. I'm sure that hasn't gone over well with Dez either.

IMO again this seems very personal between Dez and JJT. Someone here said that JJT was indeed friends with David Wells and called Dez a POS.

Now with the access JJT has to the lockerroom I get the feeling that Dez sees him as a traitor and someone who can't be trusted. See some of his articles as of late written about Dez.

This could've been brewing for a longtime and IMO the word that may or may not have been said is insignificant at this point. Just look at everything that has led up to this exchange.

IMO it would appear when Dez yelled at Rich he was referring to the fact that the PR team and Players/Public relations have allowed JJT to run wild with respect to his own interests see David Wells. It is their job to protect the players and set some ground rules. They're doing a terrible job with that. I believe that Dez feels that JJT should be banned from the lockerroom and can not be trusted. Why? When a reporter who is good friends with someone who allegedly stole from Dez and then called Dez a POS that might be a good reason he is always going to report with agenda and guys like that are not guys who should be allowed in a trusted area.

This is all my opinion of course trying to draw a conclusion with all the info that is out there.

Last edited:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

You said you knew him. In the next sentence you said I don't believe he said that. Pretty easy to deduce that your belief in JJT stems from your personal connection. Otherwise it's just a pointless anecdote that only hinders your position.

khiladi

Reaction score

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Writes with an agenda IMO.... You can't call a guy a POS and think he's going to respect you period. When you're friends with a guy who he trusted that ripped him off he isn't going to think highly of you. IMO I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner, and it sounds like it would've when Dez said he didn't show up in the lockerroom.

Listen someone who is a journalist and calls a star player for a team you cover a POS should lose all rights to that lockerroom period end of story. Shame on Rich for not doing his job. That is one guy who has the power to control the media around the team and he hasn't done a good job period.