Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's an empty threat, and the Cowboys know it. If he is willing to sit and lose 750k a game, then let him sit. Franchise him again next year and put him in the same situation. He would be a fool to walk away from his guaranteed franchise tender.

Not really. He can recoup any game money with the 1 yr contract.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt to all of that. Different era for many reasons.

Your right, those teams did not have to deal with the Cap until later on in 1994. Retaining players was easier. Now days there is a cap and it does have an effect on teams and we see a lot more players moving from team to team that we did before FA and caps. However Dallas now has to contend with caps, we had 6 Pro Bowl players last year including 2 OL player who will soon be FA themselves and what Dallas does now has an impact on what they will be able to do to retain other top players. No matter what era of football we are talking about one thing does not change and that is great teams win not 1 player

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They went up 200k per after all this time I don't think he can squeeze 1-2 more mil per

That's simply tax money. I think they can go up a million more. I'm going to bet they end up at $14 million or slightly above.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'd say it's very similar to what's being described here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...strong-terms-for-voiding-guaranteed-payments/

The Cowboys are expected to include in any final offer to receiver Dez Bryant strong, broad language that would void future fully-guaranteed payments under a wide variety of specific circumstances. The Cowboys are expected to do that with Dez primarily because they’ve done it with other deals in 2015.

Most notably, first-round cornerback Byron Jones, according to multiple sources, agreed to language wiping out all future guarantees not only in the event of a suspension imposed by the league or the team, but if the player is arrested, incarcerated, or even detained by police. Also, any fines under the substance-abuse policy or Personal Conduct Policy would trigger a voiding of the guarantees, as would something as simple as missing a rehab session while injured.

I would never agree to "detained by police". Too must trust in the po-po there

anava

Reaction score
I would hope the more money he gets the more safety clauses are in the contract. Would only make sense.

LittleD

Reaction score
I cant believe how many people really think losing dez isnt that big of a deal. Its comical to me. I actually want him to sit now. Just so fans here respect what we have in Dez. No Murray no Dez and people think we are going to go 2-2? 0-4, that will be our record. Book it

How about you go sit with him now and wipe his wounded pride. We're all tired of listening to your bull!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's simply tax money. I think they can go up a million more. I'm going to bet they end up at $14 million or slightly above.

My money is in the neighborhood of 7 years and $100 million.

(Which is a nice neighborhood)

erod

Reaction score
CJ91jwkUcAAYGY_.jpg

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
My money is in the neighborhood of 7 years and $100 million.

(Which is a nice neighborhood)

I drove through that neighborhood once with Chip Kelly. It was nice but he just kept saying he wanted a "Mariota". Not sure what he meant.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Those moves were some of the worst in team history. Galloway cost Dallas 2 1st rd pick, Roy Williams cost us a 1st and 3rd and talent around the team suffered and we lost. Jerry has at times over valued the WR and this team has paid dearly for it.
Goodness gracious do you guys get it? Of course they were! But why have we done it over and over again. Sometimes with success....sometimes without success. Because THIS organization THINKS it is a formula for success. But if Dallas does not WANT to be in the business of paying for high priced WRs or RBs....then CHANGE how you approach football! Heck the Pats picked up Legarette Blount mid-season. And won the SB with him. They did not even have a top 15 WR and won a Super Bow! Because they are set up to plug and play with regards to those positions. We are not! We are about to find out if you do not need a physical RB for this offense to be successful. Because I can tell you righ now...there is not one on the roster. And all you have to do is put in the tape of the game against the Cards last year...and watch Terrance Williams get manhandled like a high school player..so I know the only physical WR on this team is Dez

Sydla

Reaction score
A funny byprodcut of this will be the reactions of opposing fans if we get Bryant signed. Facebook and message boards are full of Eagles, Giants, etc. fans claiming Dallas is stupid, how can you not sign a great player like this, how do you expect to win without him, blah, blah, blah.

The moment the news breaks that we did sign him, the same fans will be saying how dumb we are for signing an overrated malcontent, etc.

Gonna be hilarious.

remdak

Reaction score
Goodness gracious do you guys get it? Of course they were! But why have we done it over and over again. Sometimes with success....sometimes without success. Because THIS organization THINKS it is a formula for success. But if Dallas does not WANT to be in the business of paying for high priced WRs or RBs....then CHANGE how you approach football! Heck the Pats picked up Legarette Blount mid-season. And won the SB with him. They did not even have a top 15 WR and won a Super Bow! Because they are set up to plug and play with regards to those positions. We are not! We are about to find out if you do not need a physical RB for this offense to be successful. Because I can tell you righ now...there is not one on the roster. And all you have to do is put in the tape of the game against the Cards last year...and watch Terrance Williams get manhandled like a high school player..so I know the only physical WR on this team is Dez

Uh Terrance did better than Dez did against the Cards

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No reasonable gentleman would disagree that the cap needs to be managed.

But if you're not going to pay going rate for an All-Pro homegrown player who has produced every year in the league, loves the game and lives and breaths The Dallas Cowboys....what's the point?

What. Is. The. Point?

The challenge is what is the going rate?

You ask 10 people and you're going to get 10 answers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A funny byprodcut of this will be the reactions of opposing fans if we get Bryant signed. Facebook and message boards are full of Eagles, Giants, etc. fans claiming Dallas is stupid, how can you not sign a great player like this, how do you expect to win without him, blah, blah, blah.

The moment the news breaks that we did sign him, the same fans will be saying how dumb we are for signing an overrated malcontent, etc.

Gonna be hilarious.

No doubt!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Im sorry, at the end of the day, it is our money on the table, we pay their salaries when we buy tickets, and merchandise. So im sorry but as fans it is partially our money on the table as well.

No it doesn't work that way. It's a business. Your patronage doesn't give you rights to how the profit is spent. It's not your money being spent to keep Dez happy, it's Jerry's and the NFL's. They will do with it what they will, without your consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.