Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Word is, some teams were considering making an offer to Justin Houston and sacrificing two first-round picks.

That's why he got paid like that.

But that could muddy this a bit. We'll see.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
did you say the same thing about Murray then....the Cowboys survived before Dez got here and will long after Dez leaves....he's not the end all be all for this organization....he's a good receiver, but good wide receivers are a dime a dozen coming out of college now and it's all about managing the salary cap and trying to keep a core team together as long as they can to compete for the long haul...and Dez doesn't love the game anymore than anyone else playing pro football.

No I didn't want to pay a RB the going rate. It is a fungible position. WR is not. IF you don't know that maybe this talk won't be productive.

And if you think Dez is a dime a dozen WR. We should stop talking.

And since you don't think Dez loves football more than the average player (See: McClain, Rolando) we definitely need to stop talking.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I think they're actually fine with paying him gobs of money. They just want protection clauses that he thinks he's outgrown. I honestly think that's the biggest hang-up. They want ways out if he goes astray, but otherwise, they're probably OK with a $50-million guarantee. Condon doesn't want to set that precedent, and Dez wants total freedom.

You don't know what is holding up negotiations. Baseless speculation.

erod

Reaction score
No I didn't want to pay a RB the going rate. It is a fungible position. WR is not. IF you don't know that maybe this talk won't be productive.

And if you think Dez is a dime a dozen WR. We should stop talking.

And since you don't think Dez loves football more than the average player (See: McClain, Rolando) we definitely need to stop talking.

Be honest, Toruk. Jerry taught you to use "fungible". (He did me.)

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Who says they are not offering the going rate? Could it be he is asking for more than the so called going rate? Cowboys seem to be made out as the bad guy in this. Dallas has been very fair with players over the years to the point the organization has come under fire from many of the same fans who now want Dallas just to bend over and pay whatever Dez demands. I think if Dallas is willing to offer up money that makes Dez the 2nd or 3rd highest paid WR then they are clearly offering the so called going rate.

We know the terrible offer the started off with in this negotiation. Given that...i'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Goodness gracious do you guys get it? Of course they were! But why have we done it over and over again. Sometimes with success....sometimes without success. Because THIS organization THINKS it is a formula for success. But if Dallas does not WANT to be in the business of paying for high priced WRs or RBs....then CHANGE how you approach football! Heck the Pats picked up Legarette Blount mid-season. And won the SB with him. They did not even have a top 15 WR and won a Super Bow! Because they are set up to plug and play with regards to those positions. We are not! We are about to find out if you do not need a physical RB for this offense to be successful. Because I can tell you righ now...there is not one on the roster. And all you have to do is put in the tape of the game against the Cards last year...and watch Terrance Williams get manhandled like a high school player..so I know the only physical WR on this team is Dez

What success? Last WR who won a ring in Dallas was Irvin but that was not Irvin alone, that was a damn good team top to bottom. Dallas season does not solely depend on Dez, he is a very good player but the change in this team happened when we put an OL in place who could allow Dallas to run that allowed Romo the time to find his targets. You win because of a team as a whole not because of 1 player. Bad teams over pay those players good team manage a cap so that they can put a full competent team on the field.
Believe me I want to see Dez in Dallas but there is a point where the money is too great, if he wants CJ money then go somewhere else, if Dallas is offering top 2 to 3 money and he does not want it that is his choice but do not give me this BS of Cowboys are being unfair

erod

Reaction score
You don't know what is holding up negotiations.

That article didn't show you had any special knowledge as to what is holding up negotiations.

Claiming it is likely something other than money....well...that's very unlikely. If the Cowboys were putting a deal forward that contained 50m in guaranteed money. We'd have a deal.

Not if Dez doesn't like the "rules" he had in his last contract. I think Dallas wants those in this one, too, according to the word around the local media.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Report: Cowboys move offer to Dez Bryant over $13 million a year

As the clock continues to tick, the back-and-forth games continue.

According to NFL Media, the Cowboys have offered franchise-tagged wide receiver a long-term deal worth more than $13 million a year, noting that Bryant is “more optimistic than ever.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-offer-to-dez-bryant-over-13-million-a-year/

I needed this news......

4gk3CmS.png

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We know the terrible offer the started off with in this negotiation. Given that...i'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Of course not, Dallas is being unfair and reports that Dez is wanting more than what CJ got it fair and somehow the going rate?

erod

Reaction score
Remember when Kansas City signed Larry Johnson to a big contract after a big year? How'd that turn out?

Justin Houston now makes more per year than Peyton Manning. Let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.