Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Sounding more likely now.

Dallas should now trade another million for a few protection clauses, and shake on it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Over $13MM is fair as long as guaranteed money is decent as well.

Pretty much this. Give him a good guarantee and 13 mil is fine. Lower the guarantee and if I'm bryant, you'd better raise the per year!

pansophy

Reaction score
I agree but Mike also played with a HOF RB, a HOF QB and one of the top defenses in the NFL. Your right there was also no cap

He also played in an era when the CBs could be all over you. Irvin and #1 WRs with elite talent were more important than they are today with today's rules. That's why the Patriots never seem to a decent WR and still pass for a lot of yards. Get lots of targets and a QB who can throw it to the right guy.

Romo can do that. We need to improve our pass blocking this year over last. They were great in run blocking and but not as good in pass blocking.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He also played in an era when the CBs could be all over you. Irvin and #1 WRs with elite talent were more important than they are today with today's rules. That's why the Patriots never seem to a decent WR and still pass for a lot of yards. Get lots of targets and a QB who can throw it to the right guy.

Romo can do that. We need to improve our pass blocking this year over last. They were great in run blocking and but not as good in pass blocking.

I agree Irvin was great so was the Dallas Cowboys as a whole that is why they won.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
one of our finest here

Good Lord.

VD2kLKk.gif

Jenky

Reaction score
Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys are offering franchise player Dez Bryant over $13 million a year and Bryant is now "more optimistic than ever" that a deal will be reached before Wednesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

Rapoport said the two sides had "a long way to go" Tuesday night so it appears they've made progress. Bryant is still hoping for a contract in the neighborhood of Calvin Johnson's eight-year, $150.5 million deal but the Cowboys might sway him by offering a huge amount of guaranteed money. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole said the Cowboys are also looking for ways to void Bryant's contract in case he gets in trouble.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jul 15 - 11:38 AM

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Different coach and system when they went for Galloway. Different coach and system when they went after Roy Williams.

For the record, I want Bryant here. But what previous coaches did has little bearing on today.

I am responding to the notion that you do NOT have to have superstar WRs to win. And I am saying you don't....depending on what system you run. But Dallas has ALWAYS coveted a marquis WR. There is a reason the number 88 is reserved for whom Dallas deems a special player!

EST_1986

Reaction score
Dez is going to try to squeeze another million or two out of the Cowboys and be done with it.

The Cowboys knew they would have to come up from their original offer. They budged, now the ball is in Dez's court. He knows now that the Cowboys need him desperately. I'd talk them up maybe to $14 million or $15 million and call it a contract.

They went up 200k per after all this time I don't think he can squeeze 1-2 more mil per

erod

Reaction score
Word is, Dallas wants a contract structured similarly to Tyron's in exchange for an annual number close to Calvin Johnson's.

Not sure of the specifics of that exactly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Word is, Dallas wants a contract structured similarly to Tyron's in exchange for an annual number close to Calvin Johnson's.

Not sure of the specifics of that exactly.

I'd say it's very similar to what's being described here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...strong-terms-for-voiding-guaranteed-payments/

The Cowboys are expected to include in any final offer to receiver Dez Bryant strong, broad language that would void future fully-guaranteed payments under a wide variety of specific circumstances. The Cowboys are expected to do that with Dez primarily because they’ve done it with other deals in 2015.

Most notably, first-round cornerback Byron Jones, according to multiple sources, agreed to language wiping out all future guarantees not only in the event of a suspension imposed by the league or the team, but if the player is arrested, incarcerated, or even detained by police. Also, any fines under the substance-abuse policy or Personal Conduct Policy would trigger a voiding of the guarantees, as would something as simple as missing a rehab session while injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.