Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
You my friend get it. I seriously wonder if people UNDERSTAND what they are watching. And for those who do NOT understand...Garrett has come right out and TOLD you. He is NOT trying to trick you! He is trying to out PHYSICAL you. Which is WHY Garret was an ardent Murray supporter over the other backs on this team. I have often said there was a serious disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff about who DeMarco Murray was..and who he wasn't.

So we have moved on from Murray. And now people think we can just move on from Dez too? Citing Seattle and New England!

Again, you cannot reason with people who only understand fantasy football. And think REAL football is plug and play!

Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Demariyius Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson......

How many world championships have they won collectively?

They're just wide receivers. One receiver doesn't deserve 13 percent of the team's salary cap.

erod

Reaction score
That i agree with. See, even people that argue can come to agreements, get it done DEz lol

Hopefully, in the 11th hour, that is all that remains. I think Dez caves at that point.

And if so, Stephen is a genius.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You can get any WR and win a superbowl, i read it here, it must be true.

Honestly...depending on what system you run...that is POSSIBLE. But all you have to do when it comes to THIS system....is see what happened once Irvin was done. Or look at what happened when TO got hurt in 2007 AGAIN....AGAIN...there was a REASON....THIS franchise went after Galloway....there was a REASON...THIS franchise went after Roy Williams with TO in place. CLEARLY...THIS organization thinks you need one. So all of these KNOWLEDGABLE "fans" are not even paying attention to their own team. Because they KEEP pointing out Seattle and New England.

If you do NOT want to be held hostage by the WR position....design an offense that can Danny Amendola 80 catches a season....a guy who could not make THIS team...but put up those numbers for someone else!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what sense does that make? This is a fragile young man. Why toy with him. I understand business. But if you have a deal that you are willing to offer. At THIS point....offer it and move on. I know as a fan how long it took me to get over what happened in Green Bay....imagine how Dez feels when he was the one who had to be told he did NOT catch that ball? Both he and Cowboys nation....but ESPECIALLY him...could use something positive NOW....especially with how critical a season this is for our organization. We have not been in this position in a long time....and if you THINK being in this position at THIS point is a negotiating tactic....I think it is PAST time to get it done and let's get rolling!

It's not "toying" with him. There is an expression "deadlines make deals" for a reason. The party being offered the deal is going to believe that the other party will increase their offer as long as there is more time remaining; however, once all time is gone, then they know it really is the final offer.

It is the same concept where your first offer is not your final offer. With your way of looking at it, everybody would just make their 1st offer their final offer and there would never be a negotiation.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If I'm Jones I stick to that offer and let Dez make a choice. Play or don't play

Dez is going to try to squeeze another million or two out of the Cowboys and be done with it.

The Cowboys knew they would have to come up from their original offer. They budged, now the ball is in Dez's court. He knows now that the Cowboys need him desperately. I'd talk them up maybe to $14 million or $15 million and call it a contract.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Honestly...depending on what system you run...that is POSSIBLE. But all you have to do when it comes to THIS system....is see what happened once Irvin was done. Or look at what happened when TO got hurt in 2007 AGAIN....AGAIN...there was a REASON....THIS franchise went after Galloway....there was a REASON...THIS franchise went after Roy Williams with TO in place. CLEARLY...THIS organization thinks you need one. So all of these KNOWLEDGABLE "fans" are not even paying attention to their own team. Because they KEEP pointing out Seattle and New England.

If you do NOT want to be held hostage by the WR position....design an offense that can Danny Amendola 80 catches a season....a guy who could not make THIS team...but put up those numbers for someone else!

and Yet Irvin along with the NFL all time leading rusher won SB. TO didn't in Dallas. Dallas gave up way to much to get Galloway and overpaid and gave up picks to get Roy Williams and all those moves did was hurt the Cowboys. I think many of us are paying very good attention to what Dallas is doing and what they have done.

Sydla

Reaction score

Different coach and system when they went for Galloway. Different coach and system when they went after Roy Williams.

For the record, I want Bryant here. But what previous coaches did has little bearing on today.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
and Yet Irvin along with the NFL all time leading rusher won SB. TO didn't in Dallas. Dallas gave up way to much to get Galloway and overpaid and gave up picks to get Roy Williams and all those moves did was hurt the Cowboys. I think many of us are paying very good attention to what Dallas is doing and what they have done.

To be fair, Irvin played and won those SBs in an era without the salary cap.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Different coach and system when they went for Galloway. Different coach and system when they went after Roy Williams.

For the record, I want Bryant here. But what previous coaches did has little bearing on today.

Those moves were some of the worst in team history. Galloway cost Dallas 2 1st rd pick, Roy Williams cost us a 1st and 3rd and talent around the team suffered and we lost. Jerry has at times over valued the WR and this team has paid dearly for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.