Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dez is going to try to squeeze another million or two out of the Cowboys and be done with it.

The Cowboys knew they would have to come up from their original offer. They budged, now the ball is in Dez's court. He knows now that the Cowboys need him desperately. I'd talk them up maybe to $14 million or $15 million and call it a contract.

Now see that might be a little too greedy
WBnxDrT.png

But if he see's blood in the water, and he knows the Cowboys will budge then.....
fuFgzN1.png

Proximo

Reaction score
No they can't but taking a vacation in the middle of negotiations is just blatant stupidity. So is risking the season predicated on the notion he loves football and won't be able to stay away

My point (obviously) was that it's completely ridiculous to blame the current situation 100% on Stephen and Jerry.

They cannot control what Dez's demands are, and they cannot control if Dez will or won't accept their offer.

Again, it takes 2 to tango.

It was a collective failure that they could not iron out a deal by now.

They're not going to offer Dez whatever he wants just so they can close the book on this.

Jenky

Reaction score
Remember when Kansas City signed Larry Johnson to a big contract after a big year? How'd that turn out?

Justin Houston now makes more per year than Peyton Manning. Let that sink in.

visionary

Reaction score
13/year guaranteed for 3 years I can live with
Any higher and the Cowboys are losing out
Rest should not be guaranteed based on health and off field issues
If not, let him play on the tag

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My point (obviously) was that it's completely ridiculous to blame the current situation 100% on Stephen and Jerry.

They cannot control what Dez's demands are, and they cannot control if Dez will or won't accept their offer.

Again, it takes 2 to tango.

It was a collective failure that they could not iron out a deal by now.

They're not going to offer Dez whatever he wants just so they can close the book on this.

I agree, I don't blame dez trying to get the best he can get, I also do not blame Dallas for having a line they will not cross. Dez concerns are what is best for him Jerry and Stephen have an obligation to an entire team some who will also soon be FA. Given what I have seen from the organization in recent years they have been more than fair to their players sometimes to the point of going over board on contracts.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Demariyius Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson......

How many world championships have they won collectively?

They're just wide receivers. One receiver doesn't deserve 13 percent of the team's salary cap.

Jordy, Gronk(Pretty much a damn WR)
Zji5MOV.png

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dez has no leverage at this point. If he sits games, he just loses money, and the Cowboys will just franchise him again next year. He has to sign.

Romo also get's a year older, and closer to death. (Only has about 2 good years left)

So who really loses at this point if we just waste another year? Talk about tagging him all you want, but if he really follows through with his threat, at his age. He wins.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Romo also get's a year older, and closer to death. (Only has about 2 good years left)

So who really loses at this point if we just waste another year? Talk about tagging him all you want, but if he really follows through with his threat, at his age. He wins.
He wins the right to make ridiculous money from a non-contender. If that's honestly what he wants, more power to him. This may be the highest offer he ever gets from a contending team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Live Dez Event being advertised at 2:45 central time on DC.com. Do we have a deal?

remdak

Reaction score
Live Dez Event being advertised at 2:45 central time on DC.com. Do we have a deal?

That's been advertised since earlier today. I think they are just planning a show to discuss the Dez stuff, whether or not he signs.

Frozen700

Reaction score
So Dez gets hurt, and the season is over. Right?

Geez, a lot of faith you have in the other 52 and the staff.

If Dez get's hurt, you damn right the season is over.

Who's going to carry the Torch? Terence "I catch with my body" Williams? You mean the guy who see's a bunch of single coverage, but only manages to walk away with minimal yards and a TD when all the hard work is done, or busted coverage?

Who else? Beasley? The guy who's main purpose is to use his size and quickness to get those dirty yards, when Dez is doubled?

Frozen700

Reaction score
He wins the right to make ridiculous money from a non-contender. If that's honestly what he wants, more power to him. This may be the highest offer he ever gets from a contending team.

True.

We will also not be a contending team, once Romo retires in about 2 years. So what are you saying?

phildadon86

Reaction score

I dont think so, they have been talking about that since this morning. Its possible a deal will be done by then though

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

That type of thinking gets you Joey Galloway and Roy Williams. Think long term. They essentially have Dez locked up for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.