Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because he does NOT HAVE TO PLAY THIS YEAR!

Well, that would be his choice. However, a "team" is not a one man show no matter how good the player is. But, unless Dez has been abducted and brainwashed by aliens...he is going to play.

erod

Reaction score
No he can sit and make nothing, outside of football I doubt Dez has the skills to do anything else

He can go sit on an NFL Network set for $100K a year. That would be brilliant, wouldn't it?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nelson is faster than Dez, bigger than Dez, and just about as good in every way. And he signed for $11.5 million guaranteed.

Dez is getting offered a LOT more than that. So what's the problem?

True, I think Dez is a better athlete but not to the point I would sacrifice other top players just to keep him. It would be great for Dez but not so good for the Cowboys when we are forced to let go pro bowl talent in the process.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
why they won they beat us how much did Dez do for us in the playoffs? It is about winning as a team not who can pay their WR the most money. Talent wise I agree Dez is better but this is about winning football games and part of doing that is to assemble great talent through out the roster and you can't do that by paying out unreal contracts to 1 player

there is such a thing called gameplan? Perhaps Dallas gameplans to "let the game come to them" when Dez is doubled and tripled. And weren't we all raving about how mature Dez is becoming when he doesn't go off because the team does not get him the ball? It makes play call easier and Romo's job easier to KNOW where the double team is. The double team is wherever Dez lines up. So let's not rave about his maturity when he is not getting the ball...then turn around and ask where are his numbers!

Rogah

Reaction score
In the articles I've read on ESPN, Dez thinks he's the best receiver in the NFL because his TDs and pass reception percentage are higher than CJ's,
I hope he doesn't really think that because Calvin Johnson, when healthy, is the best receiver in the NFL, bar none, and it really isn't even all that close.

I shudder to think what would happen if he ever played for a team with a good quarterback.

Jenky

Reaction score
I also wouldn't pay a receiver big money beyond Romo's window either. What's the purpose in that?

Uh, you already have the talent around for the next QB who takes over on a rookie deal?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He can go sit on an NFL Network set for $100K a year. That would be brilliant, wouldn't it?

WTH! lmao

If that is true, then Dez should just quit football altogether and just go on on TV!

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't think I'm a "damn idiot". You're just looking at it from the wrong perspective. Sure a middle class citizen can take care of themselves with 12 million dollars, but 50 million dollars is a lot more secure and it provides better opportunity. The cold, hard truth about this world is that it operates with benjamins than the brain.

Wait, Dez is that you brah?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't really think that because Calvin Johnson, when healthy, is the best receiver in the NFL, bar none, and it really isn't even all that close.

I shudder to think what would happen if he ever played for a team with a good quarterback.

Are we sure about this. Because I just had someone put up Jordy Nelsons numbers last year...and tell me that Dez is not that much better because there numbers are not that much different. So.....does the same theory apply to CJ?

visionary

Reaction score
In other news, cowboyvic reminds CowboysZone once again how he kept telling us this was going to happen, but we wouldn't listen.

In still other news many of us have been saying (with fewer histrionics) that it is fine if the Cowboys make Dez play on the tag

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So Dez draws double coverage and Romo eats teams alive because of it. Not my words. Yours. And I agree. So if Dez is NOT on this team this year. Who is going to open up the passing game for everybody else? And I can PROMISE you...Dez is faster than Irvin, RIce, Chris Carter, and lots of other HOF WRs. So there is more to the position other than speed. And NONE of those aforementioned guys make the play Dez made against Green Bay. Was not even in their game to go up and get that ball like that!

Dez draws double coverage but CJohnson beats double coverage. CJohnson contract was a fluke and should never be brought up in Dez talks.

Because of his rookie contract 6/55m, CJ had a cap hit of 22m in 2012. That means it would have cost DET 26m to Franchise tag him in 2013 and 31m to tag him in 2014. That is 57m for 2 years and he got 48 guaranteed.

Dez is due 13m and 15m for the next 2 years or 28m. He should get around 20-25m guaranteed and that is what DAL offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.