Dez lost his job after the Seattle game

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rule #1: Protect the football. He didn't.
I agree. It was frustrating.
As much as I love football, the result of that play tarnished me. Lol
Anyway, one of the things that made Dez great at times was how beastly he could be battling for the endzone. So I get it,but it still was pretty devestating.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it also hilarious that no one is interested in signing him? Hmmm....
Baltimore was but he turned them down, when you decide to tell people you want a 1yr prove it deal it limits your options. How about you focus on the current team since they're so much better without him.

Did the Ravens ever confirm that they made the offer?

I think the report originated from Ian Rapoport.

Rapoport is one of those reporters that have been rumored to be a mouthpiece for some agents. It's very common practice for agents to plant false stories in order to stir up interest in their clients.

The story does not make sense. Teams are normally happy to offer 1-year deals, especially to veteran players approaching 30. It's the player/agent that normally insist on a multi-year deal.

I'm sure that if the Ravens offered him a 3-year deal, they would have changed it to a 1-year deal.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dez had a costly fumble and a tipped pass that resulted in an interception.

Yeah, Dez should definitely be at the top of the blame list.

Dez being the player getting 13 million per year vs. the 2nd year player getting 600k per year
I dont care.

The QB had 181 yds passing and 2ints. 1 of the ints cost us 7 points.

The “most accurate kicker in NFL history” missed a chip shot FG

Watch that whole sequence when we were 1st and goal from the 3. Tell me how any of that fiasco was dez fault...

Like i said, the whole offense was trash that game. The passing game, run game, playcalling, quarterbacking etc.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I

Rapoport is one of those reporters that have been rumored to be a mouthpiece for some agents. It's very common practice for agents to plant false stories in order to stir up interest in their clients.

The story does not make sense. Teams are normally happy to offer 1-year deals, especially to veteran players approaching 30. It's the player/agent that normally insist on a multi-year deal.

I'm sure that if the Ravens offered him a 3-year deal, they would have changed it to a 1-year deal.
thought it was 2 years for 14 mil

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I

thought it was 2 years for 14 mil

The story was 3-years, 21M.

In the internet media era a story often only has one source but is repeated by many other websites. Even "legit" sites repeat stories from other sources.

sideon

Reaction score

They don't mind 1yr deals if it's reasonable, Dez wanted his 1yr deal to pay him the same amount he'd make as a Cowboy.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
When your #1 WR sits like this on the sideline, in a still winnable game, you know it's time to cut bait.
Dez_Dont_Care.jpg

HungryLion

Reaction score
I dont care.

The QB had 181 yds passing and 2ints. 1 of the ints cost us 7 points.

The “most accurate kicker in NFL history” missed a chip shot FG

Watch that whole sequence when we were 1st and goal from the 3. Tell me how any of that fiasco was dez fault...

Like i said, the whole offense was trash that game. The passing game, run game, playcalling, quarterbacking etc.

Admitting Dez was also trash, when he is one of the highest paid WR’s in the league isn’t a defense of him though.

A WR making that much money is supposed to elevate the offense to a new level, not be another cog in broken machine.

And I’m not even anti Dez, nor did I want him cut. But he was a hot mess that game. At the end of the day, people wouldn’t be criticizing his mistakes nearly as much, if he had kept his mouth shut and not been whining on the sidelines.

Co workers at any profession can’t stand a co worker who runs his mouth, and whines, then doesn’t perform at a high level. If he is going to do that, he needs to ball out. Dez didn’t ball out.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah, he totally knew that in a tie ball game... :facepalm:

When else did you ever see Dez Bryant doing a Randy Moss in Oakland on the sideline? Dez was fired up not giving up when Romo was here.

Did you ever stop to think that a culture and players around can take the fire out of a player? And Dak went on to do exactly what I said. He even did it against the Chargers weeks before.

The offense was stalling again and Dak wasn't sharp. It was over before it began. Dak is trash and I was one of the first on here to say it - even those who used to criticize me have come around to this (though not all have apologized to me)

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Admitting Dez was also trash, when he is one of the highest paid WR’s in the league isn’t a defense of him though.

A WR making that much money is supposed to elevate the offense to a new level, not be another cog in broken machine.

And I’m not even anti Dez, nor did I want him cut. But he was a hot mess that game. At the end of the day, people wouldn’t be criticizing his mistakes nearly as much, if he had kept his mouth shut and not been whining on the sidelines.

Co workers at any profession can’t stand a co worker who runs his mouth, and whines, then doesn’t perform at a high level. If he is going to do that, he needs to ball out. Dez didn’t ball out.
Are you new to football?

There are countless of receivers that whine on the sideline. We have seen this time and time again. Remember when Dez was so called whining and running his mouth at Romo on the sidelines at Detroit? He was actually encouraging and trying to hype him up.

This using Dez as a scapegoat on this site is corny. Nowhere else have I seen so many “fans” blame last season’s shortcomings on Dez. That should go towards the coaching staff, injuries, suspensions, etc.

Funny how the game right before this, Dez made the game winning play. Everybody including OP seems to forget about that one tho

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
When else did you ever see Dez Bryant doing a Randy Moss in Oakland on the sideline? Dez was fired up not giving up when Romo was here.

Did you ever stop to think that a culture and players around can take the fire out of a player? And Dak went on to do exactly what I said. He even did it against the Chargers weeks before.

The offense was stalling again and Dak wasn't sharp. It was over before it began. Dak is trash and I was one of the first on here to say it - even those who used to criticize me have come around to this (though not all have apologized to me)
I've seen Dez act like a baby more than once, not just this game.
So Dak's play took the fire out of Dez? The guy who praised Dak the year before, as if Romo never existed? That same Dez?
Dak for sure wasn't perfect in that game but at the time Dez pulled his whole checking out of the game act, the game wasn't out of reach.
The team as a whole had a pretty bad performance but I don't recall seeing anyone else behave how Dez did.
I'm not even blaming Dez for the loss but when you mentally check out on your team like he did, cutting him loose did everyone a favor.
Pressure is back on Dak, so you can rejoice if/when he doesn't meet expectations.

J12B

Reaction score
Are you new to football?

There are countless of receivers that whine on the sideline. We have seen this time and time again. Remember when Dez was so called whining and running his mouth at Romo on the sidelines at Detroit? He was actually encouraging and trying to hype him up.

This using Dez as a scapegoat on this site is corny. Nowhere else have I seen so many “fans” blame last season’s shortcomings on Dez. That should go towards the coaching staff, injuries, suspensions, etc.

Funny how the game right before this, Dez made the game winning play. Everybody including OP seems to forget about that one tho

The week against Oakland came down to a play by Jeff Heath.

In that game, Dez had 2 catches for 59 yards against one of the worst secondaries in the league.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I've seen Dez act like a baby more than once, not just this game.
So Dak's play took the fire out of Dez? The guy who praised Dak the year before, as if Romo never existed? That same Dez?
Dak for sure wasn't perfect in that game but at the time Dez pulled his whole checking out of the game act, the game wasn't out of reach.
The team as a whole had a pretty bad performance but I don't recall seeing anyone else behave how Dez did.
I'm not even blaming Dez for the loss but when you mentally check out on your team like he did, cutting him loose did everyone a favor.
Pressure is back on Dak, so you can rejoice if/when he doesn't meet expectations.

No, you've seen the media try to say he was starting trouble. You then had AUDIO released showing it was all false and players coming out and saying they love Dez and his passion. Your narrative is false and you need to stop peddling lies.

So, if you'd like, give us all an example of Dez pouting on the sideline and not getting people fired up? I'll wait.