Dez making his comeback. Still wants to play on Dallas as a possibility

The Natural

Reaction score
Questions:
  1. Is he a better player than Gallup right now? No
  2. Would he willingly take a backseat to Coop? Remains to be seen. I'll say no.
  3. Will he get along with Sean Lee? I'm guessing no, after all the comments after his departure.
  4. Will he complain about touches? I'm guessing yes. Coop needs to be fed, Gallup needs to be further developed, Witt will get targets, ditto for Cobb. Where's Dez's targets coming from? We gotta feed Zeke too.
  5. How does Red and Stephen Jones feel about him returning? My guess is not really good.
  6. And lastly, does Dak want him back? I don't think he would want him back given how him and Coop have built up chemistry (that should improve with a full offseason together).
I don't see any feasible way of bringing Dez back. That ship has sailed. I do wish him luck wherever he plays - except when it is vs Dallas.
#3 who gaf about Lee? Jaylon is the man on D now and he loves Dez.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are y'all forgetting what McClay said about him after they cut him? First time I've ever seen any FO guy trash a player after he's been fired. Think McClay feels he's gotten better at running routes and getting separation after a year and an Achilles tear? How many players have you seen improve after that injury? He had a stiff lower body before, what do you think he's like now?

The Natural

Reaction score
Don't know about Smith loving Bryant but Lee is still the leader of that D.
Leaders lead on the field. Lee is a glorified assistant coach.

5be8e24a175965b12d000001.png

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he will take the same contract he took with the saints then yes. I don’t have a problem with it as long as he knows it’s limited snaps. We have 2 or 3 starters. I would like to use him in the slot or other ways. He has hands. And is hard to bring down.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leaders lead on the field. Lee is a glorified assistant coach.

5be8e24a175965b12d000001.png
Still a respected member of that team and not a Bryant fan. And what doesn't Bryant get, they didn't want him and trashed him going out the door. Want to pay the QB 27M and bring back a thorn in his side?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Are y'all forgetting what McClay said about him after they cut him? First time I've ever seen any FO guy trash a player after he's been fired. Think McClay feels he's gotten better at running routes and getting separation after a year and an Achilles tear? How many players have you seen improve after that injury? He had a stiff lower body before, what do you think he's like now?
Would still be a guy that a defense will keep a eye on. He demanded a double team for some years. A opposing dc will still worry about him and if they take him lightly he still has some skills. Wouldn’t mind him on the cheap in a limited capacity.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Still a respected member of that team and not a Bryant fan. And what doesn't Bryant get, they didn't want him and trashed him going out the door. Want to pay the QB 27M and bring back a thorn in his side?
Can’t disagree. There would have to be a understanding if he came back. He wouldn’t be a starter. I think if we told him that then he likely wouldn’t want to come play for us. But there is still some skill left. But does it outweigh the possible negatives it could bring.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither does Hurns.

Take his $5 mil and sign Dez.

I don't care if Dez is still 6 months away from being whole.
Reading through this thread it's pretty clear you have completely forgotten what kind of a player Dez was at the end of his Cowboy career.

Is he or will he be anywhere close to being the physically dominant player he was in his prime? No.

Did he suddenly learn how to run routes? No.

Did he suddenly become a team player? No.

There is NO reason to even consider signing Dez Bryant to a contract. He isn't an upgrade.

Obviously the rest of the league knows this.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If he was on the same page with Garrett, why would he not be if he continually wants to come back? Than I would give him Noah Brown's role and certainly utilize him as a red zone target. Save Allen Hurns contract also.

Remember, this is as long as Dez knows his role and is totally committed to being a model teammate. Otherwise we do not have room for him.

Also, if Dez is willing and I believe he would be, I would utilize him on returns with Tavon Austin.

This warrants using a roster spot on him and helps us in the red zone. Furthermore, this gives Dez snaps where it does not hinder the rest of the WR corps, plays to his strengths and gives us an added jolt to ST's if Dez is the fearless/dynamic return man we saw when he got his shots.

He's not the same athlete but 75% of what he was in what he does best is a help.

Truth be told, we would not let him on returns in fear of injuries to Dez in the past. With a $1.25 million deal and having the WR corps we have, we could put him out there full throttle if he has that passion to do the returns for us and he gives us that jump ball WR we don't have in the red zone.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
Good lord. Just move on already.

We have gotten rid of Beasley. We will roast a vilify Beasley on his tweets, and everyone so conveniently forgets what a stupid ***clown Dez Bryant is?

Brought back Witten to give the locker room some maturity.

Do you want to bring back this immature kid that is Dez Bryant? He would set back this team if he was brought back into the fold.

Is this how anyone thinks you build championship teams. What the F did we learn from this past SuperBowl with the Patriots taking another trophy again?

Gawd, I just can't imagine Belicheck putting up with the BS that goes for forum diatribe with Cowboys fans.
I want to say much more, but it will probably result in a ban.

I’m right there with ya bro.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he will take the same contract he took with the saints then yes. I don’t have a problem with it as long as he knows it’s limited snaps. We have 2 or 3 starters. I would like to use him in the slot or other ways. He has hands. And is hard to bring down.
Got a better #1 than he will ever be as a route runner, a developing #2 that looks special and a new proven #3 in Cobb, none of which provide a disruption or distraction in the huddle, on the sideline or in the locker room.

Add to this they have a QB that needs to have open receivers, throwing jump balls isn't his strong suit.

No doubt Booger would want him back because he sees distraction as passion and likes paling around with him. There are people that made the decision to send him packing with little regard for the cap. Was all about contribution vs babysitting. McClay, obviously, wanted him gone and took his shot after the fact.

The guy threatened to no show when he was getting paid good money and when cut, immediately and openly wanted to go to the division rivals as his childish act of revenge. The majority of this fool's attention has come from his childish behavior, not his play on the field. The only player in NFL history, not injured, to walk off the field before the game was over, I wouldn't want that awesome person close to this team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Got a better #1 than he will ever be as a route runner, a developing #2 that looks special and a new proven #3 in Cobb, none of which provide a disruption or distraction in the huddle, on the sideline or in the locker room.

Add to this they have a QB that needs to have open receivers, throwing jump balls isn't his strong suit.

No doubt Booger would want him back because he sees distraction as passion and likes paling around with him. There are people that made the decision to send him packing with little regard for the cap. Was all about contribution vs babysitting. McClay, obviously, wanted him gone and took his shot after the fact.

The guy threatened to no show when he was getting paid good money and when cut, immediately and openly wanted to go to the division rivals as his childish act of revenge. The majority of this fool's attention has come from his childish behavior, not his play on the field. The only player in NFL history, not injured, to walk off the field before the game was over, I wouldn't want that awesome person close to this team.
And yet it is likely a idea the FO is kicking around.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$1.25M on Spotrac. Is that right? That seems awfully low.

Remember that it wasn’t for a full season, plus his negotiating position was in the toilet at the time. He should have taken the Ravens offer before the season.