Dez making his comeback. Still wants to play on Dallas as a possibility

kskboys

Reaction score
Got a better #1 than he will ever be as a route runner, a developing #2 that looks special and a new proven #3 in Cobb, none of which provide a disruption or distraction in the huddle, on the sideline or in the locker room.

Add to this they have a QB that needs to have open receivers, throwing jump balls isn't his strong suit.

No doubt Booger would want him back because he sees distraction as passion and likes paling around with him. There are people that made the decision to send him packing with little regard for the cap. Was all about contribution vs babysitting. McClay, obviously, wanted him gone and took his shot after the fact.

The guy threatened to no show when he was getting paid good money and when cut, immediately and openly wanted to go to the division rivals as his childish act of revenge. The majority of this fool's attention has come from his childish behavior, not his play on the field. The only player in NFL history, not injured, to walk off the field before the game was over, I wouldn't want that awesome person close to this team.
Randy Moss did it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely agree. Childish behavior can really hurt a team.

kskboys

Reaction score
If he was on the same page with Garrett, why would he not be if he continually wants to come back? Than I would give him Noah Brown's role and certainly utilize him as a red zone target. Save Allen Hurns contract also.

Remember, this is as long as Dez knows his role and is totally committed to being a model teammate. Otherwise we do not have room for him.

Also, if Dez is willing and I believe he would be, I would utilize him on returns with Tavon Austin.

This warrants using a roster spot on him and helps us in the red zone. Furthermore, this gives Dez snaps where it does not hinder the rest of the WR corps, plays to his strengths and gives us an added jolt to ST's if Dez is the fearless/dynamic return man we saw when he got his shots.

He's not the same athlete but 75% of what he was in what he does best is a help.

Truth be told, we would not let him on returns in fear of injuries to Dez in the past. With a $1.25 million deal and having the WR corps we have, we could put him out there full throttle if he has that passion to do the returns for us and he gives us that jump ball WR we don't have in the red zone.
Noah Brown is a noted STer and gamer. I highly doubt if Dez could do what Noah does, and doubt even more if he would.

kskboys

Reaction score
Would still be a guy that a defense will keep a eye on. He demanded a double team for some years. A opposing dc will still worry about him and if they take him lightly he still has some skills. Wouldn’t mind him on the cheap in a limited capacity.
Benching Gallup at this stage of his career would not be wise.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If he was on the same page with Garrett, why would he not be if he continually wants to come back? Than I would give him Noah Brown's role and certainly utilize him as a red zone target. Save Allen Hurns contract also.

Remember, this is as long as Dez knows his role and is totally committed to being a model teammate. Otherwise we do not have room for him.

Also, if Dez is willing and I believe he would be, I would utilize him on returns with Tavon Austin.

This warrants using a roster spot on him and helps us in the red zone. Furthermore, this gives Dez snaps where it does not hinder the rest of the WR corps, plays to his strengths and gives us an added jolt to ST's if Dez is the fearless/dynamic return man we saw when he got his shots.

He's not the same athlete but 75% of what he was in what he does best is a help.

Truth be told, we would not let him on returns in fear of injuries to Dez in the past. With a $1.25 million deal and having the WR corps we have, we could put him out there full throttle if he has that passion to do the returns for us and he gives us that jump ball WR we don't have in the red zone.
All quality points.

Additionally..

In the past Dez got into an ego fight with Witten, Lee and Linehan and Stephen.

He sharply criticised Linehan for poor play calling and never varing the pass routes and running the same thing.

He turned out to be exactly right Linehan was fired 2 seasons later.

I do not put a lot of faith in whatever happened with Witten and Lee. If there remains a problem with them, they need to patch it up and play football.

They are only here for another year. Tempest in a teapot.

And I do not think Stephen is going to stop Dez returning if Jerrah says yes.

Jerrah has stated time is winding down to win another title.

The club will do what is best to win.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet it is likely a idea the FO is kicking around.
Oh, I have no doubt. I am sure they're discussing it but would be surprised to see them do that. WR is a position of strength and the Cobb pickup was the 2nd best play in FA.

I also don't think they would leave the QB out of this discussion, probably have Moore take his temp on bringing him back. Bryant is like the drunk uncle. They all miss him until he shows up for Thanksgiving and then they realize why they really missed him.

Does anyone here think with after all of his tantrums that he would be satisfied with being relegated to a backup role?

glimm, might be because of the inside info I had about him from his days at OSU and the fact that the coaching staff and a lot of his teammates weren't disappointed that he got suspended for his last season that has never put me in his corner. But he's never changed from those days. In a lot of ways, he's just like Owens, little boys in grown men's bodies.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Benching Gallup at this stage of his career would not be wise.
No sir. In no way shape or form would I bench Gallup. Dez would be used situationally only. Which would upset him and he would likely be throwing a fit. I wouldn’t have a problem with him being there if he was ok with it but I don’t think he would be ok. And we also have Wilson coming in this year. Dez would be further down the list than he would want to be.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who wants to pay Dak 27 mil?
Not a matter of "want" with any of these teams paying high dollar QB's. SEA didn't want to pay Wilson 35M or GB 30M to Rodgers but that's the cost of doing business in the world of too few good QB's. The Cousins and Garapollo deals set the wheels in motion.

And I do not look at this as what they're paying Prescott but what they have to pay the QB1 in today's NFL. Hell, they made the game all about the QB with their rules, now they can pay for that.

And I could be low at 27M, I was just averaging what's been thrown around.

kskboys

Reaction score
Name the 10 wrs that were better than Dez
Reading is your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Already done.

Now, if you can find your way back to where it was already done, you can throw some silly arguments out as to why some of them weren't better than the route jogging wizard Dez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
No sir. In no way shape or form would I bench Gallup. Dez would be used situationally only. Which would upset him and he would likely be throwing a fit. I wouldn’t have a problem with him being there if he was ok with it but I don’t think he would be ok. And we also have Wilson coming in this year. Dez would be further down the list than he would want to be.
In which case it would be much better to bring in some young guys who will play hard and put forth full effort.

Frankly, Dez might not even make the team. How many WR's do we keep? 5? If Wilson continues his very good play from his short stint last preseason, and Cobb is healthy, Dez seriously might not even make the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That might work somewhere else but I do not see that working in Dallas with his history here and relationship with Booger.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Name the 10 wrs that were better than Dez
In no particular order...
Antionio Brown
Jerry Rice
Micheal Irvin
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Cris Carter
Drew Pearson
Calvin Johnson
Bob Hayes
Marvin Harrison

And there's plenty more... Dez honestly isn't a great WR...he won on pure athleticism and as soon as it was gone he sucked.

kskboys

Reaction score
Antionio Brown
Jerry Rice
Micheal Irvin
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Cris Carter
Drew Pearson
Calvin Johnson
Bob Hayes
Marvin Harrison

And there's plenty more... Dez honestly isn't a great WR...he won on pure athleticism and as soon as it was gone he sucked.
Why don't people even remember Romo forcing passes to Dez at the snap because Dez was lollygagging around and refused to pay attention?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Questions:
  1. Is he a better player than Gallup right now? No
  2. Would he willingly take a backseat to Coop? Remains to be seen. I'll say no.
  3. Will he get along with Sean Lee? I'm guessing no, after all the comments after his departure.
  4. Will he complain about touches? I'm guessing yes. Coop needs to be fed, Gallup needs to be further developed, Witt will get targets, ditto for Cobb. Where's Dez's targets coming from? We gotta feed Zeke too.
  5. How does Red and Stephen Jones feel about him returning? My guess is not really good.
  6. And lastly, does Dak want him back? I don't think he would want him back given how him and Coop have built up chemistry (that should improve with a full offseason together).
I don't see any feasible way of bringing Dez back. That ship has sailed. I do wish him luck wherever he plays - except when it is vs Dallas.
1. You dont know if he isnt better than Gallup

2. He was willing to take a backseat to Michael Thomas in NO. I cant see why he wouldnt mind taking a backseat to Coop

3. How cares about Snake Lee???? Dude is done.

4. I agree with you here.

5. Good questions. Probably the only reason it wont happen.

6. Dez being back has no effect on Dak and Coops chemistry

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Antionio Brown
Jerry Rice
Micheal Irvin
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Cris Carter
Drew Pearson
Calvin Johnson
Bob Hayes
Marvin Harrison

Here. Keep up with the discussion.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Now, if you can find your way back to where it was already done, you can throw some silly arguments out as to why some of them weren't better than the route jogging wizard Dez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah i had to ask again. Seeing that yesterday was 4/20, i had to hear your stupidity once again.

Your post is up there with @rocyaice as the dumbest posts ive seen on this site.

glimmerman

Reaction score
1. You dont know if he isnt better than Gallup

2. He was willing to take a backseat to Michael Thomas in NO. I cant see why he wouldnt mind taking a backseat to Coop

3. How cares about Snake Lee???? Dude is done.

4. I agree with you here.

5. Good questions. Probably the only reason it wont happen.

6. Dez being back has no effect on Dak and Coops chemistry
If he understood his role and was ok with it. Then he could be used. He still has a specific skill and makes amazing catches. Teams will still game plan for him when he is on the field. He would be a backup.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If he understood his role and was ok with it. Then he could be used. He still has a specific skill and makes amazing catches. Teams will still game plan for him when he is on the field. He would be a backup.
Why wouldnt he understand his role at this point???

He signed with New Orleans for friggin sake. Yall ever hear of this WR named Michael Thomas? Hes pretty good :rolleyes:

aaev84

Reaction score

Bring up the stats of all those players while they were with dallas. Btw, where does Dez sit on the Team record board for td receptions? I'm also pretty sure he is better than top 5 in yards and receptions. It's simply personal bias on your part. The numbers and contributions speak for themselves. As far as his role if he came back. I would hope he is realistic about it... and if he felt he could be more at this stage then he should focus more on trying with another team.