Dez Signs with Saints

aikemirv

Reaction score
People didn't cry over Murray.

Face it, Dez and Tony had a special kind of fanbase that coddled those 2 players and still do to this day.

Fans coddled the WR that has the most TD of a Cowboys WR ever and also a player who owns almost all of the Cowboys passing records. Ok, if you say so!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Dak is working on his game and accuracy. He has to trust the system," Jones toldSiriusXM NFL Radio. "I think that was tough last year with Dez Bryant in his ear. I think he'll have the year he had [in 2016] if not better."

That's not saying he is "the problem", that's suggesting that it was "a problem". The Cowboys never pinned all woes on Dez, or claimed getting rid of Dez was the cure for all things.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The man had already publically said he would not take a pay cut, and I imagine the pay cut it would have taken for the Cowboys to retain him would have been so far below anything Dez might have considered that it wasn't worth making the offer.

"Imagine" being the key word. Your whole point is built off of your "imagination" rather than what actually happened.

In any case, the Cowboys never claimed he was the problem with the team, they merely said they felt they wanted to go another direction. Some fans like to portray it as if the Cowboys had said that if they got rid of Dez all problems would be solved, and that's not even remotely accurate.

I've never said that so that statement means nothing to me.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
The man had already publically said he would not take a pay cut, and I imagine the pay cut it would have taken for the Cowboys to retain him would have been so far below anything Dez might have considered that it wasn't worth making the offer.

In any case, the Cowboys never claimed he was the problem with the team, they merely said they felt they wanted to go another direction. Some fans like to portray it as if the Cowboys had said that if they got rid of Dez all problems would be solved, and that's not even remotely accurate.
If they were smart (Cowboys) they would have instructed Dez to go field offers after being cut, and give them an opportunity to come close to matching it. The way they did it, turned it into a mudslinging drama fest, from both sides. That is, if they were only interested in reducing his pay, and still having him on the team.

Last edited:

EST_1986

Reaction score
That's not saying he is "the problem", that's suggesting that it was "a problem". The Cowboys never pinned all woes on Dez, or claimed getting rid of Dez was the cure for all things.
you sure posting alot in a thread you are "mildly interested in"

birdwells1

Reaction score
Until we can find a better QB, we have Prescott. The amount of "fans" who are hoping he fails and are hoping Bryant kicks Dallas into the dirt is sad.
We have garbage fans who only come out of the woodwork to say "I told you so."

How many Bryant threads do we need on the Dallas forum? Strange.

That's because some of us fans look at the macro not the micro, WE AIN'T WINNING A SUPER BOWL WITH DAK AND JG. Since we believe that then we know that it won't happen unless they are gone and we would like the most guaranteed way to get them out of Dallas and losing is it. In 2012 I think but JG was struggling mid year and the rumor was that Sean Payton was going to be let out of his contract and wanted the Cowboys job but JG finished the year off strong and JJ retained him. You see JJ needs something drastic to make him move.

Big_D

Reaction score

They didn't have to. Not when it's someone new every year. They went Dak friendly. Still looking for RKGs

Jeffkills

Reaction score
He's going to go off on our helpless secondary...

I can already see the beating now; it's going to be severe......

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Fans coddled the WR that has the most TD of a Cowboys WR ever and also a player who owns almost all of the Cowboys passing records. Ok, if you say so!
I do say so. I've had the conversations with the fanbois about Dez's mistakes that were always excused. Like arguing with Josh Norman instead of preventing a pick 6. Even something that egregious was excused by his fans.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Good thing is Witten fans took it in stride, but that may be because Witten quit in the middle of the draft.

Lee fans will probably be good because LVE is playing well.

Zeke fans will be the next set of fanboys who lose their minds when he is no longer here.

I'm going to lose my mind when Dak is no longer here.:lmao: