Dez Signs with Saints

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's the over/under on Brees chewing his butt for not running a sharp route?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then why not offer a paycut?

They wanted a scapegoat. Don't be naive.

I've addressed that. Dez publically said he would not take a paycut, and my guess is the $ amount the Cowboys had in mind would have been so far below Dez's current salary it would have only created more drama in Dez's mind. If I remember right, even after the fact, when Dez backed off his previous public comment about not being willing to take a paycut, even then he was talking about restructuring his contract rather than just having his contract slashed.

Besides, teams release players every year that they don't feel fit into their team and financial plans. This isn't exclusive to the Cowboys the way some like to play it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Then why not offer a paycut?

They wanted a scapegoat. Don't be naive.

Exactly. And the scapegoat wasn't needed only as cover for Dak either.

Garrett and the FO needed cover for making the decision to go with Dak. Dez needed to be made to look awful.
Because if it became accepted that Dak was the issue and not Dez, there would be a whole lot of people at the top of the chain who looked like total idiots

Lutonio

Reaction score
Meh. The team has bigger problems than Dez Bryant being force fed a touchdown against them during what was already guarunteed to be a night Brees and Payton dissemble them and put them back together butts forward.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess some can reflect back on the past, to 2009. When the Saints were 13-0, and we were to get killed by them though we were 9-5. And we went into the big bad Super dome and ruined their perfect season.

So I guess we can still beat them at home. Oh wait, we had Tony back then, now we have Dak. Never mind.
Romo was 22-34 with 312 yards.

Big_D

Reaction score
That's not saying he is "the problem", that's suggesting that it was "a problem". The Cowboys never pinned all woes on Dez, or claimed getting rid of Dez was the cure for all things.

the quote basically says without Dez in his ear he will have a year like 2016 if not better???? lol That basically suggests he was the problem.

I think he'll have the year he had [in 2016] if not better."

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Good thing is Witten fans took it in stride, but that may be because Witten quit in the middle of the draft.

Lee fans will probably be good because LVE is playing well.

Zeke fans will be the next set of fanboys who lose their minds when he is no longer here.

I loved Witt.

I think a lot of people thought like me. They were glad to see a Cowboys legend finally stick it to the team, rather than bending over and grabbing their ankles and waiting for the inevitable backdoor job.

Witt left on his own terms. He saw the writing on the wall. He merely beat them at their own game. And good for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. And the scapegoat wasn't needed only as cover for Dak either.

Garrett and the FO needed cover for making the decision to go with Dak. Dez needed to be made to look awful.
Because if it became accepted that Dak was the issue and not Dez, there would be a whole lot of people at the top of the chain who looked like total idiots

As opposed to right now?
:huh:

dwreck27

Reaction score
So what is Dak's excuse then for not spoon feeding him constant targets?

We saw.. drops... lazy routes.

He saw plenty of targets and got nothing.

Maybe being next to a true #1 WR might help him rejuvenate his career

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good thing is Witten fans took it in stride, but that may be because Witten quit in the middle of the draft.

Lee fans will probably be good because LVE is playing well.

Zeke fans will be the next set of fanboys who lose their minds when he is no longer here.
They were all scapegoats.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well I hope Cooper does that. We shall see. But all those drops and such, were off target passes too, and Dak did not "throw him open" as that seems to be a new buzz term to justify QB's now days.

dwreck27

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be "the best receiver on his team" there. Unlike this ship of fools, the Saints are diversified and utilize multiple threats to keep defenses off-balance and guessing. You know, real, actual coaching. All Dez has to be is yet another weapon for them, on the road to a Super Bowl. While Rome burns.

I very much look forward to talking with you when the Cowboys and Saints meet, if you're not in hiding before then.

Nice use of tucker Carlson’s ship of fools book reference to the cowboys front office.

But back to your point we were paying Antonio Brown money to a WR that in your words is best used as a gimmick, keep the defense honest, big bodied WR. Why would the cowboys pay 16 mill for a guy who is truly just a gimmick WR to a genius offensive staff?? We would look like fools propping him up as someone of Julio Jones and AB

9darter

Reaction score
Hopefully he's in good enough shape to outperform Amari's numbers in this upcoming game.

Or even better, more receiving yards than Dak has throwing the ball, LOL.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That's because some of us fans look at the macro not the micro, WE AIN'T WINNING A SUPER BOWL WITH DAK AND JG. Since we believe that then we know that it won't happen unless they are gone and we would like the most guaranteed way to get them out of Dallas and losing is it. In 2012 I think but JG was struggling mid year and the rumor was that Sean Payton was going to be let out of his contract and wanted the Cowboys job but JG finished the year off strong and JJ retained him. You see JJ needs something drastic to make him move.
Just when JG looks to have fallen low enough to get cut loose, he does better or there's some circumstance to let him stay. Starts at the top with me. We can all blame JG and rightfully so, but who's keeping him here?

birdwells1

Reaction score
OMG are you serious or are you just being stupid on purpose?

Today is National Butthurt Day for all you Dez haters, he got his situation right (top level passer) screw Cleveland and Baltimore, he got with a winner (best team in NFC), close to home (the only other team that was closer is Houston) and he gets to play the Cowboys in Dallas. Today is National Dez Day for everyone else, look at the Cowboys players tweets they are celebrating this holiday also.